Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6342 times)
Matteo.b

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:06:08 PM

Several times i got angry but i can't. For this moment it is better to careful on joing or choosing a bounty campaign. Scammers always good at first, and they got the proper timing at work.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geverciss

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:48:57 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

scammers everywhere, Most of the scammers use telegram app to scam others. I don't have experience on Twitter. But in the telegram, Now it became regular fact. Most of the time they come inbox when someone joins the official telegram group. They wear same profile pic like group admin and use the same username with one extra letter or hide their username... But remember one thing project admins never send msgs to you about offers and discounts. If you got the message from someone like that take screenshot and ask about it in the main group.. then you can easily detect scammer.

I personally have to deal with quite a number of fake admins of ICO sending links for contributions Grin Sometimes my inbox is inundated with emails saying "Your MEW has been hacked! Check it ASAP through the link". Can't believe it still works.
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:54:57 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

I think that every one of us had at least close encounters with the scams. We can read about the scams on a whole web and many of the shady hackers are trying to scam us through a substantial amount of ways.
I almost invested into the fake ICO if we can call that scam. I didn't have enough of the money to do the investment but I still tracked the project. After the half of the campaign, the information about the project went quiet and it was obvious that the developers run away. At that moment, I was happy that I didn't have enough of the money back at the time.
People should stay vigilant if they want to evade the scam attempts and scams.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
charlystriker

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:57:38 PM

Never been scammed luckly I take care of myself or use escrow if needed.
They have many scammer out there waiting the right time to scam other people accounts. They many ICO now are scam they rides the time that they have many ICO that have a promising project and can get a bigger profit. In entering in a bounty in a bounty campaign they have many scammer waiting and doing many technique on how to get rid other people. But for me I don't  scammed yet and I research and ask other people on how to prevent from scammer.
BitcoinForAll

Activity: 401

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:58:23 PM

I think if competitors are trying to scam a project, then this project is very promising and very hampering them
annstasia009

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:07:03 PM

Now such a world that you need to look very carefully at where you give your personal data and to whom, because after a while may be so that under your name can do something and you carry responsibility

TheRidDlerX

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:47:13 PM

If you count the NXT and IGNIS airdrop hype, then yea. Lost over 80% of my portfolio on that. My fault for going all in. Never doing an airdrop ever again.
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:51:01 PM

The best purpose of this forum is to discuss almost everything and when somebody were scammed I choose to read all their experiences so that it will be my experience as well and learn lessons from them.
I never get scammed with money but the only things were lost were my time and efforts like joining on scam ICOs and bounty campaigns so for me that's OK and I just knew them while it's early and jump on the next bounty campaigns and start over.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:53:38 PM

Scammers will do everything for the sake of being greedyness and tricking other people. Mostly they are sending a link via email or via messaging applications like telegram and slack. We must always pay attention with all of our act especially when we are making a transactions.

moshk555

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:05:54 PM

I remember a bad trade I been through because some groups had suggested me to invest in Symmentry, I could see advertisements of this specific cryptocurrency everywhere so I thought it may be worth investing and it seems logical too so I gave it a shot but turns out that it was just another scam.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:26:32 PM

Scammers are every where that is why we need to be careful, especially in social media there are a lot of scammers, so better to know first all about in something before you put your money.
Exactly, A lot of scammers are waiting for the perfect timing to do scam. If you are an curious person then for sure you are the number 1 target of scammers. As I observed Scammers have a lot of technique in doing scams. We need to be carefull at all times in order for us to be safety because scammers are not only here in crypto world but also in social media's sights.

Now, I found growing scammers, they not only tried to send by emails and something about the ICO or bounties but also doing something bad to hack and many others. They are growing neatly and systematically. I guess they have lots ways and goals from those scams. Hence, we should be careful in this case. Just wacth out of any kinds of possibilities. If you got such kind of scams by email and whatever, just investigate it. Never do anything that will make you feel regret because of scammers. Just think twice always.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:30:30 PM

Of course, like many of you I was deceived, too, but I do not lose hope that all the same I will be able to invest my money very useful and that my investments will still be able to pay off, albeit not in large amounts, but at least in twice.

photo123

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:51:57 PM

just 1 time from now on 1 try to stay away and research as much as i can before investing my time or money
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:58:20 PM

I have been scamed several times, but fortunally it isn't connected with crypto. So, all what I can say is try to prevent scam accidents by increasing your security level
watchurstep45

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:30:00 PM

i got scammed in last week almost my token has been transfer from another wallet.  i learn my lesson already that how important is to secure your accounts in crypto.
nadbucs

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:55:29 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 08:14:41 PM by nadbucs

As far as  I concerned, I have not yet scammed. There are so many attemps but I always take extra precautions. Mostly are those sending a message through telegram claiming that they are a member of the project. In such case I am not replying any message but simply tapping the report as a scam. Next is through email, I am checking always the email address of the sender and if I suspected  a scammer I immediately block them.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:57:21 PM

Already scammed by Postponed Project or Caused by Internal Project
I think many ICOs is one cause why many Scam happened. Also, people want to quick money so they fraud Investors and run with dirty money

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:07:43 PM

Yes, I have been scammed before both ICOs and some of these HYPs investment platform, what I discovered is that of you are greedy and novice in this space you will likely get scammed and offer that is too good to be true will likely be a scam offering.
ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:08:24 PM

No it hasn't happened to me , mostly because i read stories about people that got hacked or scammed and take some lessons from that.
If you spend a couple of hours researching you can take away a lot of risk , and if you use some common sense from then on you are good imo.
But there are always new techniques scammers use so always be careful.

Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:13:45 PM

yep its was lomg time ago i was scamed when i decided to invest in ICO which was my first ICO and i was scamed ,afther i sell my tokens much more chaeper .

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: