Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:26:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6342 times)
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:29:37 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
I almost scam in airdrop and telegram. Scammer just want to give you an ETH/BTC and want your private key in order to give you at that time I'm just a beginner in cryptocurrency and I just need an advise to people who are more knowledgeable than me. 

It will happen to every person who chooses the Airdrops because recently we have seen many scams from the Airdrops. They are just stealing the people private keys in order to steal their coins, recently we have seen eosGas person stolen a lot of money from the people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:30:19 AM

Thank you for the information, I'll be more careful. I often write scammers on Twitter / Facebook / telegram (especially often in telegram), a couple of times I almost got caught.
linyhan

Activity: 684
Merit: 250

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:33:47 AM

Its not new in this society almost of the participants and investors are getting those embarrassing  scams.  What if our community are made some rules to disperse all the scammers and not been getting involved in this technology itself. This is my opinion and impossible to implement.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
importantV

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:36:15 AM

several times it happened to me, and what I did didn't trust anyone.  that way you will be safe.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:38:56 AM

I almost got scammed when i want to invest in ico last year, at that time most ico sold out so people want to get in ico as soon as possible. The telegram channel is very crowded and the site is down because too much traffic and some people dm me and give me the contract address, good thing i wait before sending any ether as it's the scammer eth address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:41:18 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

This situation happens very regularly in this market. I participated some scam projects, they took my information about email, twitter, facebook, address wallet through the form registration and confirm to claim tokens

nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:04:31 AM

Yes, once. But it happened when I was not an investor. I was a bounty hunter of a project about the financial ICO. And after joining around a month and more, the Bounty Manager realized and announced that the bounty from that ICO is a scam. Everybody was scammed and we got nothing. It becomes a very important experience for me to be more careful in selecting the choice of bounty and ICO.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:13:12 AM

Yes, once. But it happened when I was not an investor. I was a bounty hunter of a project about the financial ICO. And after joining around a month and more, the Bounty Manager realized and announced that the bounty from that ICO is a scam. Everybody was scammed and we got nothing. It becomes a very important experience for me to be more careful in selecting the choice of bounty and ICO.
luckily, i don't get scammed but there are times that i almost scam. when the time that it happen my mind is not doing good. i mean, because my exam are only finish and my mind just don't move on in every test that i've done. so when i have talk to my buyer/seller i don't think about the proper way to know about if the project or your seer/buyer is scam. it is only normal in this industry.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:55:22 AM

This is really a good advice that we should first make attention over for which site and which purpose we are going for sign-up .
I am doing work in this field SINCE 2013 and I found many scammers but not get cheated by anyone , but one of mine friend get cheated by a email , where a email was from blockchain.info to turn btc into multiple times , and due to greediness he send btc but he didn't get , but when careful he saw the email that he got from blockchain was not actual from blockchain.info but that was from blockchain.lnfo ( see carefully i is replaced by small L ) .
So here we need to remain attentive that wether we are going toward greediness or we are going toward the guinine things , always keep in your mind that if anyone claiming for high return in small time for your money then wake up , and block himself from that person to talk because he is not more than scammer .
Here I would like to suggest everyone that keep himself safe from any type of non official website to make himself safe from any type of logger .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
mobireal

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:44:15 AM

I have not been scammed before i use to be vigilant and also before doing anything i will take time study about it and ask some of my friends about that particular thing before doing it.
KobbyD

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 08:50:34 AM

scammers have tried me before to get my tokens. I received my tokens from an airdrop and announce to the team on the telegram platform that, I thank them and I have received the tokens. 2 hours later the scammer PM that he is going to help me and He is personal assistant. I never gave him attention.
sarasofrup

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:00:10 PM

Never been scammed, and I hope that doesn't ever get to happen to me or any one else. It is always sad to read stories of people who have lost their money as a result of scam, and I can help but think why people would be so wicked and heartless, to rob other people off their money. Be safe out there guys, be careful of the dealings/transactions that you have, and the people you have them with.
Wellyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:07:50 PM

have experienced it about 5 months ago, I think a good project and I am sure it will be good eh after I have finished and finished the project I have not produced anything, not my fortune too but I am not discouraged
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:17:40 AM

I often experience this on the telegram.
starting from the phone or via chat.

if you know the ICO IMVRSE project then that's where SCAMMER is for me, in telling the admin of IMVRSE and telling me to deposit money with him.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 11:19:41 AM

I have been scammed a few times in 2017, although not through Twitter/FB accounts. You need to be very careful while dealing in crypto. A lot of scammers and cheaters here, so the noobs need to be extra-vigilant about their wallets and investments.
gloomyz

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:02:36 PM

Yes, I also often experience that on Twitter. many scammers imitate one ICO username by changing a little of the letter or just adding a point so that if we are not careful and careful then we might be scammed
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:12:40 PM

i bought some terraminer. but the guy is a cheater. it's a scam project. i have invested very little. but still it annoys me very much. i hope these devs will get the devil
Ilekoyafemi

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:56:09 PM

I was almost almost scammed on telegram. Joined a telegram grouo for airdrop and i was told to give my wallet private key so they would sent the token to me. Because i was very new to all this then, i had to ask a friend of mine who introduced me to crypto on how to get my wallet private key cos i wanna send it. That was when he told me that its a scam, Nobody we require your private key of you to give you an airdrop. It was so SLIM!! They almost got me.
Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:09:04 PM

I have been a member of this forum but I have not been approached by any scammers yet. Also I think my greatest fear of being scammed here is by participating in a scam ICO which did not happen yet fortunately for me.

mommysean

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:54:47 PM

Yes i have been scamed twiced.
I join for bounty campaign for a couple weeks but until now i don't get the rewards. And it's ended become scam ico.
So much time are wasted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: