Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6348 times)
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:30:15 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
Sadly, yes. I was so pissed of myself for falling for such thing. But it was because of that experience that I became vigilant in choosing projects for a campaign. There will always be risks, period! It is up to us to be aware and be smarter than these crooks. These people got there reward in this lifetime. Sorry will they be when they are thrown into the fiery pits of hell!!!

v3teran

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:43:00 PM

You do get people trying to scam youy on instagram sometimes pretending to be admins to various icos with the same pic to represent an admin. I take not notice.
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:58:28 PM

I almost everyday get phishing emails from scammers but luckily haven't been exposed by them. I guess I get them because I do bounty works and my email gets out in the world like open air by the bounty managers. There was this Bezop bounty campaign which has scammed all of the bounty hunters. I was almost tempted to invest in Adblurb but since it was proved by ATriz that it was a scam ICO I got a huge relief!

Analyst101

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:02:28 PM

Well, I got scammed in several ways and also almost got scammed. I got scammed a lot regarding airdrops. For example, I would see some free airdrops but later I would realize that it’s not even a real ICO. I also got scammed regarding bounty works especially translations. I would spend days translating for them and they refuse to pay or just not respond at all. It’s a horrible feeling. I get a lot of fake users on telegram that are trying to scam me, and I saw some fake myetherwallet address.
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:06:31 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

I have victim of an attemped identity theft that tried to subscribe to a service using my paypal email... except that they tried with a wrong email because I am not stupid enough to give my personal data plus my paypal email.
lantan81383628

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

I've been cheated on twitter once, and it's about that;

"To support the development of the coinage, I promise to transfer the first 100 transfers to 0.2ETH. (wallet address). The person will receive the two ETH I give back. First come, first served.

In order to make the scam look more believable, the fraudsters would also create a bunch of fake accounts, using twitter's real-life avatar and name to say, "I really got 2ETH."
sandgluenick

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:16:12 PM

sad to say, I got scammed multiple times but that doesn't stop me from believing that there is a project or ICO that can be trusted and won't scam you in the end.

If you got scammed multiple times from ICOs then it's totally your fault for not researching everything about it before investing.

A lot of projects scream scam in the first 5 seconds just by looking at their website. After you read the whitepaper you will be able to avoid tons of other garbage projects that will end up just stealing your money.

Of course those are just 2 of the first things you look before even considering investing.

If you want to avoid getting scammed again in the future spend hours into research before throwing your money at them.
yes maybe you are right, but sometimes there are also projects that achieve great success in sales,
but ultimately a scam. how to avoid it
bunny2018

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:22:28 PM

During my time using social media like twitter I have never experienced or encounter some scammer. But in all things I'm going to be examining everything I do especially if I need to give my an email address to other account. There are so many scammer in the world so we need to be careful in everything that we do.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:28:32 PM

yes, I almost did a scam. then I want to deceive people by clicking my referral link. but it never happened again since I understood and started going in this bitcointalk. previously I always believed in referrals. but now, not at all.
oacorewsoni

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:36:31 PM

As long as trusting people exist we'll suffer from scammers. Their activities brings them an income. Is that so strange?
Ccipolla88

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:38:33 PM

It is pretty pathetic to see what levels this scammers actually stoop too. I mean people do legit giveaways on Twitter of crypto or money, and as soon as they post something you have someone else with the same pic, same name, except their Twitter handle is what differs most of the time. If you click on their profile they never have any followers or are following anyone so that should be the first red flag. You should never need to send abyone something first in order to receive something.  Then they have other fake accounts post they received their rewards underneath the original post even with ss of etherscan as well.  Just insane the lengths these bots or fake people go to. Utterly disgusting imo.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

I am an old player and yes of course I have almost scamed and scamed experience, lot doubler bitcoin and cloud mining service that offers to me and I have repeatedly scamed from it all until finally this time I try to stay away from those two things ..
VB32Bit

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:08:55 PM

I'm weary of everyone so luckily I haven't been scammed.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:39:52 AM

last night, my friend tells me that she's been scammed by other people. she tells that she's want to start to mining and she meet one person that offers her to mining with her hardware. and she's been told that she needs to pay some amount $10 per day, actually I've been telling her to not trust that guy but she really wants to start mining and I only could say go ahead but I don't want to know the result because it is a scam and you will loss your money. and what happened later is she really lose her money and say to me, I wish I hear you in last day and I don't have to lose my money. and I talk to her, never mind, just make this as your experience and not to do the same mistake in the future. we know that to mining some coin, we need to have the hardware or at least, we need a pc with vga inside so we can start mining. so from this story, we need to be careful with everything that we want to do.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
ErlindaBit

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:50:37 AM

Yes, I was once dealing with Scammers, only he contacted me via telegram, not contact me via twitter. Fortunately, I can tell the difference that it is Scammers. Of course, this makes the experience for me.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:53:14 AM

Yes I have when I was new in crypto currency I like to invest in a HYIP to gain a profit,
So it is part of being an investor and I just quit investing in a HYIP since one of my friend teach me how to do a alt-coin trading.
InkEyes

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:54:04 AM

When younger sold a runscape account for PP and I got a chargeback for that... never used it again for sales.
smoothenough

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:54:50 AM

Never been scammed luckly I take care of myself or use escrow if needed.
Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:59:05 AM

I got scammed a couple of times before on HYIP's way back in 2016 and stop believing in bitcoin. I thought it was all that but starting last December I try to get back again on crypto world and did research and never invested in crypto again. All I do now is getting money from Airdrop and bounties and it's much safer and much more profitable.

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
xandra

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:59:44 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 09:40:32 AM by xandra

I am thankful that I never been scammed or even almost,maybe because I seldom negotiate with other people here in crypto and usually I joined bounties that i knew it is valid or legal. We should always be cautious especially giving our private keys and password.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: