Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:44:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't look at btc every five minutes  (Read 2374 times)
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:09:03 PM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning
Most newbies and the rest of people who invested bitcoin without any knowledge what they are getting into are the one who does this. Because they are afraid that they might lose their money. People should start thinking is bitcoin is a long term investment and they should erased in their minds that they won't be a millionaire overnight.

I believe bitcoin is not stable for each and every minute it changes a lot for a minute because of it’s investors and traders they sell and buy bitcoin continuously it is the reason for not stablity in bitcoin,so bitcoin is depends on people.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:43:02 PM

It's totally true. Cheesy. New trader or investor often feel nervous when the price of Bitcoin dump just a little bit so they spend all their time just to check Bitcoin price. It'll never help Bitcoin price rise back, it just make them feel more panic then if they can't stand anymore they'll become a panic seller try to cut their loss Smiley). Then they'll regret when Bitcoin price rise back to the moon again.

mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:52:25 PM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning

Thats a basic mistake and forces people to panic sell as indicated so please be calm
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:52:52 PM

Thats a basic mistake and forces people to panic sell as indicated so please be calm

Mistakes can be light for newbie traders if they can take "lesson" by this mistakes. Traders should be able to control their emotions no matter how market goes crazy or calms down. Emotional trading can lead to mistakes mistakes can lead to emotional trading Wink

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
inskraer

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:43:58 PM

I do not consider so. If the person cannot control his emotions and at drop in prices at once sells that it of his problem. I each 10 minutes look price of all
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:54:56 PM

The last few weeks bitcoin drop a lot at, and that time I never look at the blockfolio because every time I saw all the price of my coin I always end up to worrying, but I still believe in bitcoin and I know this will recover all we need is to be patient and wait.
Turan100

Activity: 430
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:58:42 PM

the person who used to look at the btc charts every few minutes he knows nothing about trading , he's investing in bitcoin without knowledge and no passion
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:15:56 AM

For inexperienced people, trading can become very fast a kind of addiction, because there is a kind of childish belief that id we monitor the price all the time may be we can influence it. And the fear that - if we don't watch - something happen. It's no different from check every minute mail or facebook. Stop it.

yes stop it if you dont want to be panic after seeing the price run.
rather than check every minute or second, i would prefer to set pending order in how much you want to buy or sell of any altcoin.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:35:33 AM

If you do not want.to get hurt probably do not look at your blockfolio every five minutes because that will just gonna ruined upur self confidence especially when you see that ypur holdings are getting worst and not improving day by day just stay calm and dont be so aggressive just have a pot.of patience because it takes a lot of time before you can sell those holdings in a hugher price.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:35:46 AM

For inexperienced people, trading can become very fast a kind of addiction, because there is a kind of childish belief that id we monitor the price all the time may be we can influence it. And the fear that - if we don't watch - something happen. It's no different from check every minute mail or facebook. Stop it.

yes stop it if you dont want to be panic after seeing the price run.
rather than check every minute or second, i would prefer to set pending order in how much you want to buy or sell of any altcoin.
If one people wanna see it then there is nothing we can't do about it, since it is part of their learning stage how they will do their own strategy or what, but if you are daily traders then you want to make profit everyday it is fine as well just don't hysterical if you see that you are losing something, when you have experience already then don't do every five minutes make it at least an hour before making a conclusion. I think that would be enough.

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:18:31 AM

Yes trading in BTC will be more profitable for swing trading or long term trading, and day trading is more difficult and we can miss big profit when the price of Bitcoin ATH. Day trading only for professional and expert  trader who have good psychology.

Tactical Genius

Activity: 434

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Great advise but that is actually part of human nature:avoiding being in the losing end,so most people want to as much as possible avoid that and so are always on the lookout out to know when to sell

CJPEREZ

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:37:30 AM

Yes but i want to look it every minute if it will pump. So i can forgot it and mind another thing
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:05:11 AM

Definitely this is the trigger on panic selling,we all know how volatile bitcoins and other cryptocurrency is,and changes from time to time maybe big or small can cause a negative mindset upon it,thinking that it will submerge more deep and fall more.So checking it frequently is not advisable unless your a type of person who sticks on holding
The trigger is not checking the price of your holdings frequently, the trigger for panic selling has to do with the lack of trust some investors have in bitcoin, they are only here for the money and not for the possibilities bitcoin offers and so when they see the price decreasing they sell, also a complete lack of experience in trading helps those feelings because if they knew anything about trading they will know that a decreasing price is the perfect moment to buy and not the moment to sell.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:42:21 PM

wow this is just a simply but valuable advice,as myself always checking price everytime i have a chance and right,i mostly tempted to sell on panic and that attitude makes me do such action,having this in my mind now will help me lessen the chance of thinking this kind of issues.thanks to you mate for this one
Very valuable indeed. A lot of us are guilty of this. I am, so I am not exempting myself. I know it is hard to control sometimes, and even if you are not going to panic sell anyway, you would still want to check how the market is doing.

All the above, I am not guilty of 5 minutes checking Grin as that is a whole lot, but at least 12 hours or daily is good enough. Anyone who understands the importance of what they are holding in the long term and how huge it is going to become, will really not bother much even when checking the price.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:05:12 PM

a traders habit always see the price if he has a chance, even every 5 minutes. well, it has become a habit I feel, and it is a pleasure for them. I also felt that way. so I guess that's pretty reasonable.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:47:45 PM

Totally understand this, especially now with the blockfolio and if you invest in altcoins alongside bitcoin the temptation to constantly check and scroll up and down is too much, I find myself doing it far too much, it would be much better if I just checked it maybe once a day or every couple of days, mentally it would be better.
Looking at the market value for number of times in every day will not change the market value of any particular coin especially the coin which you are having. You just need to stay cool and calm and that you don’t need to be so much worried about your coins. It will definitely take time for the prices to go up and that you need to wait till that time so that you can then some good profit. Checking the prices daily will just result in little tension.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:51:48 PM

Wat about every 6 minutes instead?Huh

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:56:02 PM

I don't do it every 5 minutes, every 6 minutes is good enough for me  Grin

But yeah I think it's too addictive and might reduce your productivity. Maybe make it a habit to check in morning and before you sleep and not the whole day, that would be a start.

zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:02:42 PM

So agree. Why do some need to check the price how many times a day? It not like we are going to be a millionaire in just a day. But instead stop to make it a habit and just surprise ourselves with our investment in long period of time like a year or years. We can check it randomly but not too redundant. Anyway, our investment will continue to gain profits even with the ups and downs changes in price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: