Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:20:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't look at btc every five minutes  (Read 2374 times)
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:06:05 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make.

For some of us, this is not a mistake. You're making a mistake by assuming it is a mistake, if you ask me. If you are a HODLer, then you probably shouldn't be looking at the price every few minutes unless you are looking for an entry point to buy some more coins for your stash. If you get excited by the volatility or the mostly consistent upwards movement for years then this also can be a pretty intriguing pass-time. That being said, most of the price movement for bitcoin happens within moments and at the drop of a hat.

If you are a day-trader then you are probably checking the price a lot more often than 5-minutes, you may be buying and selling every 5-minutes. If you are just getting into bitcoin and are looking for an entirely "stable", free of volatility environment to store value then you are looking in the wrong place. If you are looking for an investment into the future of trade, interaction and information then this may be better suited for you. I'd say, let people do as they wish, because some people are neurotic about the price while others are ecstatic.

Bitcoin offers too many opportunities and too many freedoms to even put the simplest restriction on somebody such as "don't look at the price too often", because many people can capitalize on that and be better off because of it.
I agree with you on certain points. It is not that looking for price every five minutes is a mistake or blunder. It's just that when you're into trading you tend to develop this habit and you can't get over this soon. You'll be restless if you don't check the currency trends after every minute or hour as the case maybe.

Usually with time n experience one gets habitual to trading practices and develops a trading discipline. The problem of anxiety and impatience is usually countered by the newcomers to the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Missterio

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:11:32 AM

I think that for fluctuations every 5 minutes only newcomers are watching, experienced investors no longer perceive small fluctuations.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:17:53 AM

you thin@5k it's a mistake but I think it's best to look at it every minute and in this trading I do every minute (short term investment) because the current price is not stable and the graph is like a roller coaster, to increase the btc value I will keep looking coin - small coin and consider this as a game.
You may not have taken cognizance of it, but you've actually been drifting to think that gluing to your trading platform is a way to capture more profits from every market movement. You could not have heard of market noises and false breakouts? Yeah, they're the pitfalls of hobbiest traders.

For a very volatile market as the Bitcoin market, it's chasing the wind to think of trapping the market and it's to the best interest of a trader to maintain a long term biase else swimming against the tide is sure to take the wind out of the sail of every such trader.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:48:42 AM

That's so true, watching the price every few minutes makes us want to panic sell the second we see a sell wall or short dumping happening which usually recovers in the next few minutes.
Only for the reason, I always go for holding. Crypto currencies are more trending toward better price rates but somewhere prices are going down and sometimes they are going up. But you don’t need to be panic. And for avoiding such inconvenience, no need to sit before your screen and throughout the day just calcining profits and losses. Just invest, relax, hold, and sell at best time.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:56:44 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning

which you say is very true and I agree with you and we should look at the price of bitcoin at the time want to sleep and when waking up and let it run according to the plot and not too easy to panic.
Junglee

Activity: 142
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:05:00 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning
- Prepare to end the long wave of 3/1 period.

- Future trend graph and case simulator.
https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a99609c3b6de/ wave the trend and this case happens to be 50/50.
- The trend will be clear at 126-128-134.
- old wave for 3/1 period.
https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a995e1cd7c61/
- The last wave of update is short wave (small cycle) in the cycle of 3/1.
If the btc price 102 still has a chance to buy that price for the third time, after the 3/1 wave completed.
Currently there is no opportunity to buy that price.

Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:57:00 AM

I guess so, because the more we track or monitor bitcoin, the more disappointed and upset we become about it’s value in the past few days. This is the reason why it is not that advisable for us to keep on monitoring bitcoin. We just have to be patient when it comes to bitcoin’s value.
By looking at the market value of the coin in which you have invested your money after every 5 or 10 minutes will not result in increase in the market value of that particular coin no matter how longer you keep on looking at the chart. It is better to utilize that time in some other fruitful activity instead if just staring at the prices. This will only result in lot of stress especially at time when the prices are falling down.
Targusluxe

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:29:53 PM

That was my mistake when i was a newbie in trading but through seminars and books i read it helped me to be a better trader. You can monitor any stoks every minute if you want but you have to be discipline in performing your trades.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
loraalbert

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:34:02 PM

Why are you so concerned about constant bitcoin pricing, this is clearly not suitable for a secure option like bitcoin. If you invest in bitcoins when it's at the top of the slope, this is impotence. Try to be patient for a while. You will see the optimism back.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:49:24 PM

I guess so, because the more we track or monitor bitcoin, the more disappointed and upset we become about it’s value in the past few days. This is the reason why it is not that advisable for us to keep on monitoring bitcoin. We just have to be patient when it comes to bitcoin’s value.
By looking at the market value of the coin in which you have invested your money after every 5 or 10 minutes will not result in increase in the market value of that particular coin no matter how longer you keep on looking at the chart. It is better to utilize that time in some other fruitful activity instead if just staring at the prices. This will only result in lot of stress especially at time when the prices are falling down.

Well i guess i've gotten numb to it already. Its not advisable to check your portfolio every mow and then and one unexpected drop in your investments can make you really panic. But i've probably gotten used to that and i understand that its volatile. And i have money in my portfolio that i'm willing to hold for a year or two so it doesn't really matter if i check it now and then

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:56:41 PM

which you say is very true and I agree with you and we should look at the price of bitcoin at the time want to sleep and when waking up and let it run according to the plot and not too easy to panic.
If you have invested money in bitcoin then you will certainly check the price of bitcoin from time to time. I do not think that one can avoid not to check the price of bitcoin for so many times in a day, and specially the if you are a day trader, then you need to check the price of bitcoin or any other currency where you have invested your money.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:24:46 PM

yes of course do not look at bitcoin prices every 5 minutes but you should buy bitcoin then leave it at least for a month or a year yes long term play is more profitable if you have bitcoin balance.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:23:45 PM
Merited by NavI_027 (1)

i totally agree with you. BTC is suitable for long term investment. So, checking price frequently make you confused and lose your time. there are many things have to do such as researching ICO projects, learning technical skills, checking the news in the market, working for bounty campaigns and so on.. why do you lose your time to check the price ?
For me,  there is no time being wasted when I look at the bitcoin  price.  Looking at it or checking it is my way of keeping track of the market price of bitcoin,  to be updated of what is happening in the price and of course to see if it will be profitable to sell or will be a good chance to invest.  There is nothing wrong about that right?  What is wrong in here is being exaggerated on checking  the price every five minutes,  there is no need for that.  Yoy cn check the price whenever you want and  as many  times as you can but make sure that  you won't be obsessed in doing it.  

Best Dreams

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:16:42 PM

Well! it can be right but my opinion is a little different because if you will look at the bitcoin price every time it can make you impatient and may be you will take the wrong decision of panic selling, so I think once you invest to the bitcoin it is good to leave it as it is for further increase in price, but will be more good if you join the signature campaign so thins way price will be remain in your knowledge and you will not have to go on the page and check the price, it will encourage you for holding bitcoin without selling it at low price.
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:08:32 PM

Look at BTC every five minutes will be tiring. By the way, the fluctuation is not so much. If the reason why they look at BTC every few minutes is that they want to get daily income in trading then it is not so good for a beginner.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:12:31 PM

If you have determined long-term investment with Bitcoin then merely buy and then hold for at least a year, no matter how bitcoin's exchange rate will decrease. With the cryptocurrency market, the exchange rate of cryptos fluctuations is very reasonable. If you invest long term, you should not care about exchange rate!

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:28:59 AM

For me,  there is no time being wasted when I look at the bitcoin  price.  Looking at it or checking it is my way of keeping track of the market price of bitcoin,  to be updated of what is happening in the price and of course to see if it will be profitable to sell or will be a good chance to invest.  There is nothing wrong about that right?  What is wrong in here is being exaggerated on checking  the price every five minutes,  there is no need for that.  Yoy cn check the price whenever you want and  as many  times as you can but make sure that  you won't be obsessed in doing it. 

I agree with you, checking the price chart is not a big deal because this will not consume a large portion of your time even you frequently do this. I say so because in my case I estimated that I'm looking on bitcoin's price more than 5x a day yet it doesn't affect the flow of my daily schedule at all.

But checking the price every 5 minutes? I don't think that is a smart action. I understand by doing this if you are a day trader because your profit depends on every fluctuation of prices but if you are not then this is not advisable, just try to spend your time in profounding your knowledge or other sensible things.
Poolome

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:23:52 AM

Following bitcoin value each moment will cause freeze offering particularly when they see that the cost is diminishing which can make destabilization the market. This is for the most part do by amateurs who don't know how the value developments of bitcoin previously. Genuine holders may check the development of value each day yet at the same time remain quiet holding their bitcoin and adhere to their arrangement which had made them benifited previously. Following each moment would be more valuable when you are in the altcoin showcase which is exceptionally unstable.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:36:17 AM

I usually don't look at it every 5 minutes or so. I only look at it at least once or up to five times a day. However, when it crashes big time like what happened in mid-January to early February, I stopped looking at the prices or even on my Blockfolio or Delta, and just took a break and become productive in what I do.

That's a nice advice you got there, in which I will be doing the same thing to my friends who are still new into crypto.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:54:07 AM

Look at BTC every five minutes will be tiring. By the way, the fluctuation is not so much. If the reason why they look at BTC every few minutes is that they want to get daily income in trading then it is not so good for a beginner.
For me i think there is nothing wrong with checking your holdings and the price once a day if you are a long term holder after all you do not want to be like those people that do not realize they were hacked and not only they lose their coins of a wallet but the hacker has even more time to hack the rest of his wallets but a limit must be set so we can avoid that obsession.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: