Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:34:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese New Year?  (Read 1344 times)
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:20:05 AM

What are your thoughts on the whole Chinese New Year speculation?

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.
Chinese New Year gives a significant impact to cryptocurrency. many cryptocurrency prices have decreased. and I have an option when the issue is currently happening I can buy a coin to hold and serve as an investment when the price returns high.
signalbitbot

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:24:11 AM

I think February will be red for the crypto currency. Usually before the Chinese New Year - withdraw money. And then - up
LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:28:42 AM

i dont think so, chinese new year dont need too much money. They also are investors. If they buy btc at high price, they wont sell all at this time.

I think the opposite. Most of the whales are Chinese. But aside from that, a LOT of Chinese people have invested. We'll definitely feel their effects if they do something.
Kosscoin

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:28:55 AM

I think February will be red for the crypto currency. Usually before the Chinese New Year - withdraw money. And then - up

correctly noted how correctly at the beginning of each February there is a drop in the market because all of Asia is on vacation and this has a significant impact on the entire crypto-currency market as a whole. But to worry about this, it is not worth much as already at the end of winter everything will start to be re-established.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
smuggslas

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

Well that is one of a many speculations about what is happening crash at the moment. But you cannot be too sure so your weapon is your knowledge and observe the total market capitalization of the whole crypto currencies before buying anything else make sure it stabilizes so you can stay away from possible more dump or lessen your lost. Knowledge perfect timing is the key when it comes to investing even in stocks market so be a wise trader.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:37:58 AM

during china years, i see bitcoin value will be getting down, and reach to the point lower $ 6000. china is a country that controls crypto trade with greed, and on china day, i think they will make big crypto sales. I hope the lightning network will make bitcoin survive.

guagua_ga

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:39:36 AM

In Chinese New Year, people make a lot of purchases in the lead-up, and then over New Year itself they stop spending. So a lot of the spending happens in the month before New Year. It makes cryp's price seem down but It is a good opportunity to buy cryptocurrencies.
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:43:24 AM

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.
This is another thing to consider why the totalmarketcap is declining probably these chinese investors are cashing out so they can use it to their holidays,another thing to consider is FUD spreading people lately are getting some panic from these FUDs which isnt healthy because most of the investors will panic too causing the market to bleed more.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
pokokeke

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:49:13 AM

for when i still have not heard ico from china and hitherto still not received any info.
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:51:20 AM

This Chinese New Year is the DYE of the market that turned the color into red, this will end soon once the celebration is done.
We can see the graphs every month of the year that celebrates this New year and it is really a big effect in the market but you can also see that the price climb more than before once done.
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:59:08 AM

I do not think Bitcoin investors are spending too much money on holidays. Most of the investors will have money for this. So the Lunar New Year is not the main cause of the red market. I think it's because of bad news in recent days. Hope the next time will green again.
haocoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:01:04 AM

Bitcoin is sure to rise after the Chinese New Year because China's Spring Festival is a major holiday. Nowadays, China's prices are high. Many people need to cash in to buy New Year's supplies such as couplets, rice cakes, red envelopes and gift giving to relatives and leaders,and need to buy in cash, so the impact of Chinese New Year on Bitcoin prices is still very large. But only after February, believe me, bitcoin will rise to higher prices.
dadatosin01

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:15:29 AM

I am very sure Chinese New year will not have anything to do with bitcoin crash. This crash or corrections as traders use to call it, is only because of the recent government regulstions. There might be further crash tomorrow as the head of U.S. Securities and exchange commission (SEC) and Commodity Future Trade Commission will be testifying on cryptocurrency during U.S Senate hearing tomorrow 6th feb 2018. I dont know the hearing result will be but I can only assume there will further regulations on cryptocurrencies.
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:15:56 AM

I think Chinese New Year has a big impact on the price of bitcoin.
In the last few years, the problem of Chinese New Year caused the whole cryptocurrency market to fall sharply. I think after the Spring Festival, the cryptocurrency market will rise again.

sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:26:46 AM

I'm looking forward to mid-February and I'm not hoping for another crash. I actually hate red days because the coins are becoming really less profitable and every day it's just getting worse. Maybe 5 days from now or just a week bitcoin and altcoins will be back (just my speculation).

anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:34:25 AM

I'm looking forward to mid-February and I'm not hoping for another crash. I actually hate red days because the coins are becoming really less profitable and every day it's just getting worse. Maybe 5 days from now or just a week bitcoin and altcoins will be back (just my speculation).
it's not just you , all of us also don't like red day , it's already 1 month , today all market price down again , I don't think market crash main reason is Lunar Chinese New Year investor need money to celebrate , When all the coins price green again  Huh

Gandalphlegrand

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:37:21 AM

The market being horrible since january let's hope it iwll bounce back after chinese new year
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

Yes, the Chinese New Year is certainly something very much anticipated, because it is said that in the Chinese new year bitcoin will cost a penny, because the Chinese will cash their money to celebrate the new year.

This is a very interesting theory, and I would lean towards it. I do not believe that it is just a mere coincidence that the Chinese government made their decisions to ban all cryptos just before they celebrate one the most important festivals in the country. It looks definitely as a ploy for individuals to become more liquid (that is change their bitcoins into cash) so that the cash would be spent, used or traded heavily during this season of festivities for them. They more cash circulates within the season the more growth you see in the economy. Otherwise people would have held their bitcoin and other alt-cryptos, anticipating more growth for future gain. You may even have the situation where instead of people investing in the festival period, you see more investment in crypto-currencies which could damage Chinese economy. This seems like a major move for the Chinese government within this period.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:47:50 AM

The Chinese New Year is like Christmas, New Years and Thanksgiving all rolled into one.In the weeks leading up to the Chinese New Year, the market drops because the Chinese are pulling out their money for the New Year.
As such the bitcoin price is expected to turn around and go back up again eventually.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:52:47 AM

I think that most of the drop in the value of Bitcoin and the alts is already baked in. I would be shocked to see a further decline with the Chinese New Year this year but I guess we should never rule anything out

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: