Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
eugene30

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

What have you done. meh meh

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:46:10 PM

When the market experience down and all our coins that we hold suffer huge losses. Most of the time we will hold our coins that's why people always said hold and don't sell. I believe too market will recover as soon as there is good news. If you don't want to lose or cut losses then holding is the key.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aimman

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:29:05 PM

Imagine, you’d sell your Bitcoin when the price reached $1000, because bough it for $200.
800 bucks of profit —  great. But you lost you chance to buy them again. While the price reach $3000. Well, now it’s $8000 (And for a minute, it’s a dipping point).
That’s why holding is easier for many because that’s quite a definitive way to earn profit if you believe in the future of Bitcoin. I do)
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 04:43:21 PM

Hodling is hands down, the best option. You might be leaving money on the table by not selling when the value increases, however, one can't be too sure about the best time to sell. That's why our suggestion has and will always be holding. At the end pf the day, The person who holds gets to enjoy those juicy profits from a weak hand. About 6-8 months ago, I was holding 8000 AE tokens which I sold for $2400. Today those same tokens are worth over $12K at the current market prices now. Moral? Don't sell, Just hodl.

mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:47:55 PM

hmm in this situation its mean that there are panic sell everywhere right? maybe they suggest to hold you coin because want to make the panic sell stop and the price can back to normal again? why it can happen? if you sell when panic sell everywhere you make the price of that coin is decrease because of you sell it when buy order in the low, so its make that people told you to hold your coin and crypto
Yeah right now, i think it is perfect to hold and collect as much crypto as you can and most of the member here in the forum will suggest you to hodl simply because holding bitcoin is way much better the short term investment. Most importantly in holding we can earn more profits. And yes it takes time, i mean too much time for the profits but absolutely worth it.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:08:19 PM

hmm in this situation its mean that there are panic sell everywhere right? maybe they suggest to hold you coin because want to make the panic sell stop and the price can back to normal again? why it can happen? if you sell when panic sell everywhere you make the price of that coin is decrease because of you sell it when buy order in the low, so its make that people told you to hold your coin and crypto
Yeah right now, i think it is perfect to hold and collect as much crypto as you can and most of the member here in the forum will suggest you to hodl simply because holding bitcoin is way much better the short term investment. Most importantly in holding we can earn more profits. And yes it takes time, i mean too much time for the profits but absolutely worth it.
I was already convinced that the more you spend time on the exchange and monitor the current situation, then you will be better profit and quality incomes. But for this you will need to sacrifice your personal time.
Andalusy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

we believe if we hold our coins the crypto world will increase again or recover.  Like bitcoin many people said and me tol hold your bitcoin because you can earn profit again better to be not panic selling brcause if you sell your coins possible ypu mis the opportunity to earn more money. The purposes also so that's why it will not decrease more the price they did not lose money or their investement
mi56374100

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:59:21 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

Because not every man is master of trading, actually trading is the fastest method of profit, but it is difficult, you must not only have a clever mind, but also to have a sharp insight on the market, I believe that most people are hard to do this.

Because cryptocurrencies are always volatile, everyone thinks that the best way to get a profit is to hold it.
Nyeyzel

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:26:14 AM

For me, I suggest holding because I want my money to be double or triple as simple as that. I expect that bitcoin will grow higher in the highest peak, but I knew that it would take years to happen. I have a ton of patience to wait for that day. I knew a little bit what will may happen on the negative side, so I'm ready also to cut my losses if my target price reaches it. But don’t worry it will not happen bitcoin is going to be most popular, and people will invest in bitcoin. We should be thankful because we already knew bitcoin in this day.
Ambrosius

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:47:45 AM

I think it is done with the intent to control the price so as not to further decline in prices again. I think there must be a sacrifice to keep prices under control. If only left alone then more and more people will soon sell. That means the number of supply will be more than demand. It will cause the price to fall even more.

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:31:49 AM

As you can observe, the time when everyone is suggesting to HODL is when market goes red or just go down. Literally, you are losing some of your profits or your capital. If you will withdraw during the dip or the prices are extremely low, then you cut off your loses and made your lose permanent in which you could have still get it back by just waiting for it to rise again.
During the HODL, everyone is also advised to invest more because coins are cheaper and you could profit more.
bxxkj

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:01:06 AM

When the market is declining, it means that your assets have lost money. According to the current market conditions, perhaps everyone thinks that this is almost the bottom, and the currency price will soon rise, so most people recommend continuing to hold. Instead of selling it.
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:12:31 AM

Everybody suggesting to hold because there are possibilities to rising up the value of the prices in the market and this is the time for your profit, instead of selling them in a low prices with no gain from your capital just hold them first.
Night4G

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:14:56 AM

Everybody suggest to hold your coins to avoid such a big loss . they are aware that when the market is down . all you have to do is to wait and hold your coins until it increases again

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:18:45 AM

Everybody suggest to hold your coins to avoid such a big loss . they are aware that when the market is down . all you have to do is to wait and hold your coins until it increases again
There's more than one reason of holding the very important is your patience. Holding also test your personality how long and temper you are in the time of making any decisions. Its a very good program to practice your own attitude that is helpful not only in your trading habits as well in your everyday life.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:13:40 AM

To invest successfully, you need at least basic knowledge and information. You need to be able to collect information, analyze it, read charts, use trading indicators. Among those who provide the forecasts, a lot of charlatans. It is useful to be present in the chat rooms of investors and traders, where they exchange opinions.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:17:42 AM

Additionally, this is because to control your emotion like greediness when the price is pumping and patient when time of dumping. There is right time for the right price, but sometimes we encounter unexpected happenings that cause of selling our token even the price is low. I can suggest that make another source of income to hold the bitcoin and sell when price is high.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
paeackk

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:20:16 AM

Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.

I didn't see that almost everybody suggest to hold - they just give an advice not to sell on the dips. So And if somebody doesn't want to sell by the low price he has to HOLD. I mean, that's obvious.
oracleongoodbye

Activity: 623
Merit: 362

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:14:25 AM

Because just by holding we have big possibility to get big profit but only for long term investment, not short investment. Just easy example if you buy all coin in 20 top ranking Coinmarketcap now you get much profit. So hodling is easy way to get profit in long term because many crypto the price going up in long term.
BETnaBET

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:39:36 AM

Hi all,

Regards.
qoutes

Everybody suggest to hold because of the price is increase we will have a big profit. We have a chance to be part of the benefits of bitcoin. That there's a possibility for us to be rich. This is what bitcoin offers last December. I know that many bitcoiners profit that time. I've read their post and it's really exciting to have that chance also.
Aryancesarr

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:59:33 AM

Hi all,

Regards.

One needs only to look at bitcoin price history to understand once and for all why everybody suggest to hold  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: