Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:34:58 PM

I am starting to wonder if perhaps the idea of accredited investors isn't a bad thing.

I would really welcome this. It adds legitimacy and professionalism to a sector of bitcoin that is devoid of it.

It already exists. It's called MPEx.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:36:08 PM

It already exists. It's called MPEx.

and no one uses it! Smiley

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:40:05 PM

@ffssixtynine:  What do you think the purpose of this thread is, to see who could cheer the loudest?
Let me point out the obvious:  Difficult questions would never be answered if not answering them is made an option.
Repeating the question is a reasonable first step to take before filing a lawsuit per N_S' suggestion.

Finally, not everyone can fly out to Cyprus -- some have jobs, some don't have the money.  N&B did not suggest that flying to Cyprus would be expected from their shareholders.  Your suggesting otherwise is simply insulting.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:44:41 PM

and no one uses it! Smiley

No one poor. No one stupid. The very concept being to limit access.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
velacreations

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:47:07 PM

The very concept being to limit access.
well, you've certainly succeeded at limiting access.  Only MP and his cross dressing alter ego, MPOE-PR, trade there.  So that was your goal all along?  Get it down to just one trader?

I might also ask, why are you in this thread?  NeoBee isn't listed on MPEx.  Are you trading on Havelock, now?

lolstate

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:49:04 PM

Finally, not everyone can fly out to Cyprus -- some have jobs, some don't have the money.

As a man of extreme leisure, you surely have both the time and money to fly to Cyprus for a short fact-finding mission?  Roll Eyes
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:50:50 PM

So we're now seeing the trolls out in force trying to force the share price/entertainment (pankkake is a professional troll account for those who don't know, crumbs everyone must know by now). It was just a matter of time.

I'm going to leave you guys to it. I'm sorry to those people who actually want serious discussion but it's pointless trying to do that here and I have better things to do.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

redmetal

Activity: 160

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:51:23 PM

So, most of the people prefer keep the money at home instead of using banks because of government restrictions, that's what I understood from the translation. Surely this business is going to be a good solution to this problem if it comes to existence as it is planned and people understand it.

If bitcoin has a chance anywhere in the world at the moment, Cyprus is its best shot. Wish I could be on the ground when this hopefully starts gathering steam.

Would be glad also if you give a word on the announcement supposed to be given on Friday, that changed to Saturday while we are currently on Sunday.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348468.msg3863522#msg3863522

Except from the "new" obvious information that the bitcoins are gone, no new information. I tought there were going to be information regarding what happened, what is being done, and the most important, numbers.

There will also be the distribution of the Bitcoins that are available to people by this coming Friday.

Hi, thanks for all your effort with sorting this out. I'm just wondering if this distribution will include ukyo.loan?

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
velacreations

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:54:45 PM

I'm sorry to those people who actually want serious discussion but it's pointless trying to do that here and I have better things to do.
Didn't you just tell me to stop asking questions or sell my shares?

crumbs

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:04:12 PM

So we're now seeing the trolls out in force trying to force the share price/entertainment (pankkake is a professional troll account for those who don't know, crumbs everyone must know by now). It was just a matter of time.
Please. This is one of the few securities I am invested in*. Hence my dislike for what is happening.
Those kind of accusations from serial scammers like you are truly ridiculous.
* Perhaps this would surprise you, but I don't do cheerleading, and I don't like to give investment "advice" that would benefit me.

Wasn't he one of the self-appointed Active Mining board members?  I remember him doing "so long and thanks for all the fish" there too.  Shortly after, the stock tanked Cheesy
ffssixtynine

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:13:17 PM

Vela, you should do whatever you feel comfortable doing. If you're troubled, you can speak direct to Danny.
spinoff

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:35:47 PM

I really don't understand why people are bashing velacreations, his requests for more transparency seem more than appropriate to me, especially given the situation.

Also, why did Danny say anything at all about this issue? If he knew he wouldn't be able to provide real details he should've waited for it to be solved, and leave Ukyo at managing the PRs of this mess, it would have been much better for Neo.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:13:04 PM

I really don't understand why people are bashing velacreations, his requests for more transparency seem more than appropriate to me, especially given the situation.

Vela's ok, it's just that neo have said what they are allowed to legally according to Danny. Similarly, they have said what is reasonable about their overall operations.

So if vela doesn't like the situation, he can keep asking questions which can't be answered, he can walk away, he can trust neo, or he can research neo further as far as his abilities allow - including contacting the CEO directly.

crumbs

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:23:02 PM

Vela's ok, it's just that neo have said what they are allowed to legally according to Danny. Similarly, they have said what is reasonable about their overall operations.

So if vela doesn't like the situation, he can keep asking questions which can't be answered, he can walk away, he can trust neo, or he can research neo further as far as his abilities allow - including contacting the CEO directly.

If Danny is not legally allowed to discuss the situation, why did he bring it up in the first place?
The only reasonable explanation that comes to my mind is it's a stall tactic -- to prevent people from starting legal action before the trail gets cold.  Thus far it worked pretty nice -- Ukyo's hanging with Danny in Cyprus.
Got an alternative one?

*An important part of being a cheerleeder is knowing the right time to quit.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:24:47 PM

You are trying very hard to make it seem like the situation isn't complete bullshit but it gets worse with every new "update" if you can even call it that.

Funny how most the information we have needed to be pried from ukyo/cryptocyprus.  Why exactly can they legally tell us now that the coins simply are gone and not 1 month ago? My guess is that the "legal reasons" are bullshit and ukyo just wants to cover his ass long enough to escape this mess unscathed.

Just tell us what happened. Stop playing games and teasing us with empty updates. No point trying to have a "discussion" on the matter when we literally have no idea what is going on and likely will not until it is decided by the "entities"
Choroid Plexus

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:26:28 PM

One or two of us have met Danny and discussed the situation. It's not possible to say much but at worst they can't help. They certainly aren't doing anything shady or stupid.

All I can say is that there are very good reasons the the lack of public information. Nothing anyone says is going to make that palatable but it should be obvious why after the fact. I'm sorry Sad

Also, some of the 'facts' being posted by others are not true. Inferences are being made which are incorrect. It may not seem obvious but that's because the full story hasn't been released. Everything said by Ukyo or Neo tallies with my knowledge so far and no one has been lied to afaik.

Here's what I'm having trouble reconciling in my head. Ffssixtynine, you've insinuated several times that you've been granted some degree of insider knowledge about the situation (or am I just misreading you?). But at the same time, Danny has also made abundantly clear that he would be in some kind of dire legal jeopardy if he spills the beans on the situation. Did you have to sign something too, Ffssixtynine? Or just pinky promise?  Wink

Not trying to be hostile here, just a bit confused by everything.

I am going to have to remain agnostic on whether or not NB involvement with Weex/BF/ukyo was a good idea or not until such time that more information is granted to shareholders. But I do think some people are completely losing their shit over NB involvement for no good reason. Worst case scenario, the NB team gives it some effort but ultimately fails to rectify the situation. Nothing's really lost except some man-hours. Best case scenario, people get their coins back, NB saves the day, Ukyo's out of hot water, the reputation of the bitcoin sector saves face, it's a huge win-win. Well, everyone wins except the lawyers that is. I think it's quite likely that the possible gains far outweigh the cost (in man-hours) of getting involved. Either way though, the NB team will be able to cut their teeth on a real crisis management situation (whether that be a technological crisis or a legal one or some combination thereof). If NB is to become a huge player in the bitcoin sector, I think they're gaining some serious XP by trying to deal with this situation. And they will be able to learn from Ukyo's mistakes.

That being said, although most of the NB news coming out on this thread (Univ. of Nicosia, Zipzap partnership, investor show, etc.) have been very positive and Danny + team have done an awesome job with all that, I don't think the BF situation news has been going all that well. The information so far has been vague, and promises of more detailed information have remained largely unfulfilled. This has only fueled rampant speculation which has led to uncertainty and consternation amongst investors. The updates we have gotten just seem to raise more questions than they answer. If it's not possible to tell us what the situation is, is it at least permissible to clearly state some things that the situation is not, in order to allay some fears?

WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:39:19 PM

Why exactly can they legally tell us now that the coins simply are gone and not 1 month ago?

What if the <insert authority> just ruled this Friday/Saturday morning that Ukyo isn't allowed to give us the funds?

I'm sure it would have been a bad move to say something like "The coins might be lost but we don't really know it yet."
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:56:52 PM

*An important part of being a cheerleeder is knowing the right time to quit.

You're trying too hard. You'd be a lot more effective if you didn't digress into hyperbole so much. Kiss
ffssixtynine

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:20:11 AM

Pinky promise Wink I do know a bit more about WeEx but that was pre Neo involvement. I had already been investigating it as I have funds stuck. I'm bound by the law too, and I have to trust Neo are a good bet to find a solution. If I ever feel people are being mislead, I'll be saying so. Thus far, everything tallies with my knowledge, and my only interest is everyone having their funds.

I did get to discuss Neo with Danny in person and I'm very impressed. I wasn't an investor initially as I wanted time to research them. For those who have concerns, I would reiterate that Danny is highly approachable, although he has limited time and it's always best to treat people they way you expect to be treated - with respect; that doesn't always happen on this forum.

I think the weexchange issue - this is not bitfunder to be clear - is complex in terms of information. No information brings problems, partial information brings problems, and full information isn't possible. Therefore one would presume that Neo have balanced the pros and cons and overall believe what they are doing to be worth the effort if they can help Ukyo fix his issues. I think everyone was well aware of the sort of issues that would occur on this forum from some users.

With my neo investor hat on, I think the worry is unnecessary. I do understand it though. It comes from too many previous problems, such as with labcoin. The thing about neo is how open they are. There are major people involved, they are known at the political level, within the education system, they have highly creditable legal and accounting people involved, now we hear about zip zap, and so on. You can go visit them if you want, which crumbs somehow turns into a bad thing (for the lols, as always)! For anyone with any vaguely significant investment, it costs nothing to travel over to Cyprus for a day from Europe. Not to see one guy, not an empty office, but a sizable operation by all accounts. And if that isn't enough, then nothing is. N_S did that exact visit and seems pretty happy.

Hope all that makes sense Smiley Thanks for a good post too.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:27:40 AM

Farewell punkkate!  Kiss
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: