Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:37:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
UnconfirmedTransaction

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:43:44 PM

I got a feeling that this will turn out into a mess similar to the Labcoin IPO.
People were putting bids 30% higher than the IPO price just to make sure they get in. And that was happening before 10% IPO price bids were filled.

There should be a way to cap the bids at 0.003 and then sell them on a first come, first served basis.  After they are all sold out then you can exchange them freely (and bid higher).

Or, not allow bids until the shares are listed, that way no one would bid more than 0.003 until the IPVO is sold out (because they would just match the ask of 0.003).  I know the bids help with understanding demand for each exchange, but BitCsByBit is right, this can turn into a bit of a mess.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xchrisxsays

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:49:18 PM

Aaaandddd now there's a bid at .003001 on BTCT, so your IPO price is officially above .003 on two of the exchanges, and it's only going to get worse until the IPO launches. You should either cap it at .003 or change the wording of your IPO to reflect the fact that you are not, in fact, offering the price at .003, you're offering it to the highest bidders.

Edit: Now another bid above the other one, for .301
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Aaaandddd now there's a bid at .003001 on BTCT, so your IPO price is officially above .003 on two of the exchanges, and it's only going to get worse until the IPO launches. You should either cap it at .003 or change the wording of your IPO to reflect the fact that you are not, in fact, offering the price at .003, you're offering it to the highest bidders.

I'm interested to hear a response to this.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

There is no new information needed. It is simply the method chosen to make this work, all things considered.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:00:56 PM

There is no new information needed. It is simply the method chosen to make this work, all things considered.

Cash grab. All things considered.
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:03:00 PM

Is there a limit to how many shares a single person can buy either at the IPO or pre-IPO with xbond exchanges?
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:03:40 PM

Is there a limit to how many shares a single person can buy either at the IPO or pre-IPO with xbond exchanges?

No, share limits are an impossible thing to enforce, in practice.
xchrisxsays

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:07:30 PM

Exactly.

It could operate like an actual IPO, there isn't really a reason it shouldn't (or they haven't made that reason known). But they make more money, faster this way. It's a little dishonest, given the wording of the offer, but what can you do? Ultimately they don't care about being fair or care about the people who are willing to risk money in order to see the company succeed, they just care about the money those people have. And they have every right to be that way.

I'm still buying in, "all things considered", I'm just a little disappointed in these fellows.
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:09:26 PM

I think it will be interested to see how much the price of XBOND rises above 0.0012 as people buy it instead in order to get a guaranteed spot in at 0.0025.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:11:10 PM

Exactly.

It could operate like an actual IPO, there isn't really a reason it shouldn't (or they haven't made that reason known). But they make more money, faster this way. It's a little dishonest, given the wording of the offer, but what can you do? Ultimately they don't care about being fair or care about the people who are willing to risk money in order to see the company succeed, they just care about the money those people have. And they have every right to be that way.

So when scalping the IPO what will the extra income be used for? Founders summer home, college educations? What a shady way to screw the shareholders.
N_S

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

So when scalping the IPO what will the extra income be used for? Founders summer home, college educations? What a shady way to screw the shareholders.

Well, I was waiting to see how long it'd be until we saw talk like this. After all, it's only a small mouse movement away from the Labcoin thread...
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:15:10 PM

Bids already at 0.003010 in BTCT??

Shocked

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:16:51 PM

I got a feeling that this will turn out into a mess similar to the Labcoin IPO.
People were putting bids 30% higher than the IPO price just to make sure they get in. And that was happening before 10% IPO price bids were filled.

The fact people do that doesn't ensure a Labcoin-esque fiasco. That mess is a result of Labcoin's continued incompetence, something we haven't seen a shred of from N&B.
Huh Not sure why people refer to the Labcoin IPO as a fiasco. Yes, they underestimated demand, but when this became apparent they placed the shares as fairly as possible (at the IPO price!). Everyone who placed a bid got shares (according to the amount of BTC they bid). I got fewer shares than I wanted but I still think it was fair given the circumstances.

This is worse IMO: it's an auction with a deadline of the IPO date and a minimum starting bid of .003. It should at least be advertised as such.

What if there is a rush of very late, very large bids on BTC-TC? Does this mean e.g. Havelock could potentially miss out on shares altogether? A bit of a pain for potential investors to have to monitor all three exchanges looking for something close to the advertised IPO price.

This looks messy.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:19:03 PM

Exactly.

I'm still buying in, "all things considered", I'm just a little disappointed in these fellows.

Your assumptions are incorrect, the exchanges do not fully support the price-limiting you desire, nor the ability to dynamically work from one pool across 3 exchanges. The alternatives would be more likely to lead to "messes" that you are not considering. I think most would agree that calling us dishonest would be undue. We have put more care into this than any offering you've likely seen in bitcoin prior.  

We're paving new ground with this IPVO, and surely some people will have their own ideas about how to do it differently. If you feel you can do better, I do encourage you to get into the finance business and join us in setting standards. The more entities there are demanding new features and support from the exchanges, the better.

At the moment you are fixating on less than 1% of the current bids being over the ask price, and the IPVO isn't even close to oversubscribed yet. Please keep perspective here.
N_S

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:19:20 PM

Hahaha, 1 share bid for 0.008 on BTCT.
N_S

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:22:28 PM

At the moment you are fixating on less than 1% of the current bids being over the ask price, and the IPVO isn't even close to oversubscribed yet. Please keep perspective here.

Good thing to keep in mind - there are 8,000,000 IPVO shares.
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:25:09 PM

I don't really see a problem with auction style IPOs, the thing I am worried about is because of the dynamic share allocation, it is possible for the stock operator to create artificial supply shortages causing prices to rise significantly above .003 with the excuse that he needs to wait and see where the stock is most popular, before dumping thousands of shares onto the bids over .003. In this fashion, it would be quite profitable for the operator to just drip IPO shares into whatever bid is above .003 and then withhold the rest because of the excuse mentioned above.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:26:32 PM

Another reminder that an updated prospectus is already in the works with a number of updates. This will be provided before the Pre-IPVO begins.

Also note that any unexpected proceeds from excessive bid prices will all go into the business, not to TATI or any private parties.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:31:16 PM

I don't really see a problem with auction style IPOs, the thing I am worried about is because of the dynamic share allocation, it is possible for the stock operator to create artificial supply shortages causing prices to rise significantly above .003 with the excuse that he needs to wait and see where the stock is most popular, before dumping thousands of shares onto the bids over .003. In this fashion, it would be quite profitable for the operator to just drip IPO shares into whatever bid is above .003 and then withhold the rest because of the excuse mentioned above.

This is not possible, nor will it happen. I will not disclose EXACTLY how the shares will be sold in any more detail than given already, but I can tell you I will do so in such a way as to mitigate undesirable factors.

I should also want to notify any jokers or book manipulators that once the IPVO starts, you should not place or leave up any bids that you do not actually want to get filled.
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:38:38 PM

This is not possible, nor will it happen. I will not disclose EXACTLY how the shares will be sold in any more detail than given already, but I can tell you I will do so in such a way as to mitigate undesirable factors.

I should also want to notify any jokers or book manipulators that once the IPVO starts, you should not place or leave up any bids that you do actually want to get filled.

While I trust that you will not partake in this practice as you have demonstrated significant competence in your other endeavors, I find it questionable that you judge such an activity as "not possible" given how you plan to roll out the stock.

1.) 8 million shares are to be dynamically sold with most of the shares going to "exchanges with the most volume."

2.) Operator decides initially to put 1 million into exchange A, 1 million into exchange B, 1 million into exchange C.

3.) 1 million shares quickly sells out on exchange A, price rises from .003 to maybe .0032-.0035 Operator sees that exchange A has the most volume, and places more shares for sale on that exchange. Because you have stated that the highest bids will be taken care of first auction style, then by your own rules you are forced to sell into the bids above .003 caused by the supply shortage. Such a shortage is required in order to dynamically allocate shares.

4.) Rinse and repeat step 3 whenever shares are sold out on any particular exchange, again given the auction style that you are proceeding with then plenty of extra profits will be reaped by selling into the bids that will be above .003 that occur when the stock is temporarily sold out.
-----------

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: