Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:47:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:00:51 PM

Before raging, point to a specific statement in my post that you disagree with.
I'll wait Smiley
And before posting further with such a nick, please post a selfie with Amy in left hand and a BJ in right hand, while holding a "I'm Eduardo" hand-written paper with the appendage of your choice.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
isimme

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:05:08 PM

I'll wait Smiley

Roll Eyes Surely you jest Sir, "raging" lol?

You compare two scams to NEO & BEE,
implying NEO & BEE are a scam.
Evidence...?
I'll wait Smiley

So you agree that Ukyo fiasco is a scam?
Odd, because Danny claims it is not...
Ukyo(Bitfunder) ≠ Danny(NEO & BEE)

Ukyo situation is a fiasco,
we both agree on this.
Is it a scam,
I don't know enough to say,
and to be redundant Ukyo(Bitfunder) ≠ Danny(NEO & BEE).
Or do you convict with guilty by the looses of association?

EDIT: Still waiting Smiley

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
isimme

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:07:19 PM

Unlike Pirate and TradeFortress
we know who NEO & BEE are from the beginning.
All those are/were ran by well-known identities: Bitcoin Savings & Trust, BitFunder, ActiveMining, BFL, Mt.Gox, Bitcoinica, Labcoin… should we trust them?

What makes a scam isn't identities. It's the will to ignore everything for silly hopes of profit.
Evidence, hard facts? or just more BS?
Identities do add to the matter
and its ridiculous to imply otherwise.

I appreciate skepticism but
this comes across more as trolling,
so at least make it funnier, this is boring and unproductive..

bitranger

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:10:10 PM

Official response regarding the CBC announcement surrounding Bitcoin:

Date: 10th February 2014

"As the CEO of a leading company that is building the infrastructure surrounding the Bitcoin technology (Neo), I believe the announcement made by The Central Bank of Cyprus surrounding the dangers of using Bitcoin was reasonable. Innovation is always upsetting, not innovating and being left behind as the world evolves has historically proven to be far more dangerous though; if not for vested interests, then for the future generations.

As a responsible company we naturally agree that anything to do with personal or corporate finances should be treated with extreme caution, including financial products offered by traditional financial institutions. That is why our business offers free education to everyone on what we offer and the Bitcoin technology, to enable individuals to make an informed decision for themselves. We do not and will never set any sales targets within our business, because we believe this practice should be avoided when handling the individual and corporate financial needs of our customers.

The fact that the Wall Street Journal, which is one of, if not the most respected financial publications in the world, responded to the Central Bank warning in a comical fashion speaks volumes of the warning's content:

“So, is the institution – accused of failing to control the economy on the tiny Mediterranean island and allowing rampant tax avoidance and money laundering - saying Bitcoin is illegal? Not quite. Instead it warns that there are big risks associated with using the currency.”

The response made by The Wall Street Journal echo’s the issues that we have faced when engaging with international banking partners; they have never expressed an issue with Bitcoin, however they have all considered Cyprus as a high risk country.

Regardless of the reluctance of both the Central Bank and CySEC to regulate the businesses surrounding this new technology, Neo are still committed to establishing a clear regulatory framework for Bitcoin based businesses to operate within. We are proposing a full regulatory framework to both of these regulators and directly to the government. Some work will be required from these regulators to act upon this proposal and no single entity understands this technology better than ourselves, that is why we are offering our resources to help the regulators fulfill their mandate and regulate businesses to protect the consumer.

Neo are already subjecting ourselves to internal policies for Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer that are more strict than any European legislation which surrounds these matters. We have taken these steps to ensure that we build a transparent institution. Due to the nature of the technology we utilize throughout our business, this higher level of transparency is more achievable than anything that has come before us.

If people want to use Bitcoin they will find their own way to obtain them in an unregulated manner, even if Neo didn’t exist. Isn’t it better for them to acquire them via a regulated market, that offers some level of protection?

Kind regards,

Danny Brewster
CEO - LMB Subsidiaries Limited"

Well Said Danny..I just bought more shares!!
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:17:40 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 12:10:58 AM by EduardoDeCastro

I'll wait Smiley

Evidence...?
I'll wait Smiley

we both agree on this.
Is it a scam,

You were certain that Ukyo was a scam just a few minutes ago, while berating me for "... compar[ing] two scams to NEO & BEE."
Now that it's no longer convenient, you recant.
Danny, your banker of choice, claims that he knows what's up and the Ukyo mess is not a scam.
If Ukyo "sry bro, unavailable" is not a scam, then I have compared NeoBee to another upstanding business just like NeoBee.  What's the harm in that?
Wanna give it another shot without contradicting yourself? Smiley
NanoAkron

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:20:27 PM

Wanna give it another shot? Smiley

Sure.

*click* Ignore.
talktopab

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:36:11 AM

"As the CEO of a leading company that is building the infrastructure surrounding the Bitcoin technology (Neo), I believe the announcement made by The Central Bank of Cyprus surrounding the dangers of using Bitcoin was reasonable. Innovation is always upsetting, not innovating and being left behind as the world evolves has historically proven to be far more dangerous though; if not for vested interests, then for the future generations.
[snip]

Number of Bitcoin banks that collapsed, leaving depositors bawwing:  Each and every one.  All of them.
Number of fiat banks that collapsed, leaving depositors bawwing: Surprisingly, some have not.

Number of Bitcoin banks needed to make Bitcoin possible:  None.  The whole point of Bitcoin.
Number of fiat banks needed to make fiat possible:  At least one.

But yeah, it's hilarious to hear one Cypriot banker calling another Cypriot banker "unsafe" -- as meaningful as "being eaten by 10 sharks is more dangerous than being eaten by 9."

Neo is not a bank
mainline

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:46:46 AM

[snip]

Number of Bitcoin banks that collapsed, leaving depositors bawwing:  Each and every one.  All of them.
Number of fiat banks that collapsed, leaving depositors bawwing: Surprisingly, some have not.

Number of Bitcoin banks needed to make Bitcoin possible:  None.  The whole point of Bitcoin.
Number of fiat banks needed to make fiat possible:  At least one.

But yeah, it's hilarious to hear one Cypriot banker calling another Cypriot banker "unsafe" -- as meaningful as "being eaten by 10 sharks is more dangerous than being eaten by 9."

Neo is not a bank

ORLY?  

Quote from: Danny
Neo offers Cypriot residents depository and financial services. Customers can open demand deposit, savings, business, and merchant accounts. Though all customer deposits are held in full reserve in Bitcoin, many customers will use Euro-pegged accounts, allowing them to interact with their money like they would with Euro deposits at any traditional bank.

Look, I understand how sexy banking seems, but trust me:  Bitcoin doesn't need  them.  That's the whole point of bitcoin.  Bitcoin is a car, not a wagon -- stop trying to hitch up a horse to pull it.
talktopab

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:52:55 AM

Not a traditional bank. Not according to definition: "A bank is a financial institution and a financial intermediary that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities, either directly by loaning or indirectly through capital markets. A bank links together customers that have capital deficits and customers with capital surpluses." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank
mainline

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:13:14 AM

Not a traditional bank. Not according to definition: "A bank is a financial institution and a financial intermediary that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities, either directly by loaning or indirectly through capital markets. A bank links together customers that have capital deficits and customers with capital surpluses." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank

Lol wut?
Next you'll tell me that NeoBee doesn't meet the strictures of the Investopedia definition* because it's not licensed. Cheesy
Or that unlike banks, NeoBee is not regulated.  Or that it deals with currency not issued by the state.  Or that bitcoin ain't even money.

Sure, NeoBee differs in many ways from conventional fiat banks, resembling more TradeFortress, Pirateat40, Ukyo and other august institution i have previously compared it to.  But if i deposit and withdraw money, and someone profits from this - it's a bank to me.

*"A financial institution licensed as a receiver of deposits."
talktopab

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:50:23 AM

But if i deposit and withdraw money, and someone profits from this - it's a bank to me.

What is a bank to you is just a bank for you. I am afraid this has limited effects, only to you.
mainline

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:23:33 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 05:01:34 AM by mainline

What is a bank to you is just a bank for you. I am afraid this has limited effects, only to you.

Not sure what you tried to say there.
Are you suggesting NeoBee is not a bank because it's not licensed or insured?  Or because it's not approved by The Central Bank of Cyprus?
Or because Danny wants to buy into a fiat bank?
What needs to happen for *you* to consider something a bank?  An FDIC stickie on the door?
Finally, which part of your wikip definition do you believe NeoBee doesn't fit?

*Wikip introduces cultural bias into its definition of banking.  We're dealing with Cyprus.  As you know, Cypriots have a unique take on banking over there.
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:46:27 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 05:11:43 AM by EduardoDeCastro

I'll wait Smiley
And before posting further with such a nick, please post a selfie with Amy in left hand and a BJ in right hand, while holding a "I'm Eduardo" hand-written paper with the appendage of your choice.

Sorry for the confusion.
I'm not Eduardo, but an incredibly pesky couple of trolls in another thread persistently insisted that I was.

It was simpler (and kinder) for me to make a new account and start posting as Eduardo de Castro than to explain stuff to them.

So yeah, I ain't him Sad
isimme

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:26:26 AM

I'll wait Smiley

Evidence...?
I'll wait Smiley

we both agree on this.
Is it a scam,

You were certain that Ukyo was a scam just a few minutes ago, while berating me for "... compar[ing] two scams to NEO & BEE."
Now that it's no longer convenient, you recant.
Danny, your banker of choice, claims that he knows what's up and the Ukyo mess is not a scam.
If Ukyo "sry bro, unavailable" is not a scam, then I have compared NeoBee to another upstanding business just like NeoBee.  What's the harm in that?
Wanna give it another shot without contradicting yourself? Smiley

Your reading comprehension is terrible,
try again,
as I never contradicted myself..
grasping for straws???
You don't have to share my positive take on NEO & BEE
but try and support your own view
with you know those pesky things called facts!

talktopab

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:43:23 AM

Are you suggesting NeoBee is not a bank because it's not licensed or insured?  Or because it's not approved by The Central Bank of Cyprus?
What needs to happen for *you* to consider something a bank?  An FDIC stickie on the door?

*Wikip introduces cultural bias into its definition of banking.  We're dealing with Cyprus.  As you know, Cypriots have a unique take on banking over there.

Sorry, I do not need to reply to all your questions because I am convinced of what I do. As in anything, not all can be 100% clear but I have left some space for trust in others. Bitcoin is disruptive, and as such, difficult to handle and regulate by  nature, but also more difficult when there are for closeminded regulators. That may have some consequences in bitcoin related startups. I assume the risks. If you are not convinced of something just keep it to you as what you are saying does not make much sense except if you have a hidden intention against Neo. If you do not want to assume risks, fine, I respect you, but respect the others too. We have heard your thoughts many times, thank you, but too much becomes very repetitive.
mainline

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:12:31 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 06:25:19 AM by mainline

Sorry, I do not need to reply to all your questions because I am convinced of what I do. As in anything, not all can be 100% clear but I have left some space for trust in others. Bitcoin is disruptive, and as such, difficult to handle and regulate by  nature, but also more difficult when there are for closeminded regulators. That may have some consequences in bitcoin related startups. I assume the risks. If you are not convinced of something just keep it to you as what you are saying does not make much sense except if you have a hidden intention against Neo. If you do not want to assume risks, fine, I respect you, but respect the others too. We have heard your thoughts many times, thank you, but too much becomes very repetitive.

Your choosing not to answer me is fine, but makes for boring, one-sided conversation.

I heard all the "disruptive special snowflake" dreck.  I also heard "I take full responsibility... OMG LET'S CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!!1! ...HALP POLICE!" crap.  Everyone's a self-sufficient little rebel 'til the shit hits the fan, and then everyone's suddenly quoting the same laws and regulations they bitched and laughed about.  So I've heard your thoughts many times too, and the same "hidden intentions" paranoia.

You are bringing bankers into bitcoin.  And you're even paying their way.  That's just too tragic to laugh at.

talktopab

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:29:05 AM

Sorry, I do not need to reply to all your questions because I am convinced of what I do. As in anything, not all can be 100% clear but I have left some space for trust in others. Bitcoin is disruptive, and as such, difficult to handle and regulate by  nature, but also more difficult when there are for closeminded regulators. That may have some consequences in bitcoin related startups. I assume the risks. If you are not convinced of something just keep it to you as what you are saying does not make much sense except if you have a hidden intention against Neo. If you do not want to assume risks, fine, I respect you, but respect the others too. We have heard your thoughts many times, thank you, but too much becomes very repetitive.

Your choosing not to answer me is fine, but makes for boring, one-sided conversation.

I heard all the "disruptive special snowflake" dreck.  I also heard "I take full responsibility... OMG LET'S CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!!1! ...HALP POLICE!" crap.  Everyone's a self-sufficient little rebel 'til the shit hits the fan, and then everyone's suddenly quoting the same laws and regulations they bitched and laughed about.  So I've heard your thoughts many times too, and the same "hidden intentions" paranoia.

You are bringing bankers into bitcoin.  And you're even paying their way.  That's just too tragic to laugh at.

Ok, fine. It is my decision and I assume the responsibility. You are are free decide too.
Stelios

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:14:05 AM

Levels of Trolling Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83vd0l-_Ew#t=42
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:32:44 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 12:16:12 PM by zumzero

Keep up the good work Danny.  You've got plenty of support.  Smiley

edit:  just a heads up;  crumbs = mainline = cheaptar = EduardoDeCastro  Wink

Also pankkake the French man has such a loose definition for a 'scam' that all failed businesses are a scam in his mind, or Escroquerie if you eat snails.

Ignore these trolls, do not engage with them.  They will not go away, but they will post less if you do not acknowledge them.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
mainline

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:33:38 PM

Ok, fine. It is my decision and I assume the responsibility. You are are free decide too.

I already made my choice, without waiting for your consent.
I decided to treat this cancer to with chemo.  Less aggressive alternatives have failed.
The scammers and lousy press you bring to Bitcoin affects all of us.  This sort of shit is catnip to the media -- especially when it finally "fails."
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: