Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
sporket

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:19:35 PM

...2) NEO & BEE is a scam: False. Other than the fact that they have proved again and again that they're not; why would a major university be on their team (or at least big supporters of NEO) if they're a scam? And moreover, who are they trying to scam?  

The same argument that was used with Labcoin and every other scam since the start of time.

TL;DR:  You're not meant to understand how a scam works.  If you did, you wouldn't fall for it, and the scam would be a *failed* scam.

*Remember Danny promised to solve the Ukyo "problem"?  How'd that work out?

@mikemikemike:  If you're digging the low prices, why aren't you buying???
PeterHarrisonCY

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:25:07 PM

...2) NEO & BEE is a scam: False. Other than the fact that they have proved again and again that they're not; why would a major university be on their team (or at least big supporters of NEO) if they're a scam? And moreover, who are they trying to scam?  

The same argument that was used with Labcoin and every other scam since the start of time.

TL;DR:  You're not meant to understand how a scam works.  If you did, you wouldn't fall for it, and the scam would be a *failed* scam.

*Remember Danny promised to solve the Ukyo "problem"?  How'd that work out?

@mikemikemike:  If you're digging the low prices, why aren't you buying???

So you're saying that NEO hired a huge team, made working software, made a huge marketing campaign, made contracts with major companies in Cyprus etc. etc. etc. just to get Bitcoin from investors? Isn't that overkill?

Danny promised to HELP solve Ukyo's problem, and I know that he tried his best
sporket

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:31:06 PM

^
Not all scams are short cons, where the operator grabs the money and runs.  Those are dumb scams, run by short-sighted goofballs who eventually wind up in prison.

A good scam, OTOH, is *indistinguishable from a failed business when it winds down*.  It's designed that way.  It takes longer, requires more planning, and the take is only a persentage of the gross money raised, but the operator has *nothing to worry about from teh law*.

Why must this be constantly repeated?
PeterHarrisonCY

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:35:16 PM

^
Not all scams are short cons, where the operator grabs the money and runs.  Those are dumb scams, run by short-sighted goofballs who eventually wind up in prison.

A good scam, OTOH, is *indistinguishable from a failed business when it winds down*.  It's designed that way.  It takes longer, requires more planning, and the take is only a persentage of the gross money raised, but the operator has *nothing to worry about from teh law*.

He has a solid business plan and NEO will bring it a lot of profit, so why turn it into a scam if it is gonna make money anyway? (Greater money than if it was 'just a scam'
sporket

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:43:33 PM

If the plan didn't seem credible to you, you obviously wouldn't invest.  All scams need good bait to work.

That said, the "business plan" is a Goldbergian hodgepodge. 
randomlygenerated

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:01:05 PM

^

Surely if the business fails (as you seem to think it will as part of the grand "scam plan") then Danny stands to lose a lot of the $6mil that he invested too? If investors lose out then so does he. Hard to imagine someone profiting from that.

If you look hard enough you can see scams wherever you want. E.g: OMG Blockbuster went bankrupt and took everyone's membership fees! What a scam!

Also saying its Goldbergian just implies it's too complex for you to follow. I understand it fine and can see why it would work. Explain to me exactly where it falls apart and how it is, as you say, 'hodgepodge'?
sporket

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:05:30 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 05:16:03 PM by sporket

"The 6mil that *he* invested"?  Are you new here?

Edit:  Disregard, just noticed your account has 5 posts.

Reply to your edit:
The "business plan" could be reduced to "we're going to do a whole bunch of stuff with Bitcoin" -- there's nothing substantial/specific enough in it to rebut.
My business plan is "I'm planning to mine the asteroid belt and solve world hunger."  Explain exactly where it falls apart.
randomlygenerated

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:57:16 PM

"The 6mil that *he* invested"?  Are you new here?

Edit:  Disregard, just noticed your account has 5 posts.

Reply to your edit:
The "business plan" could be reduced to "we're going to do a whole bunch of stuff with Bitcoin" -- there's nothing substantial/specific enough in it to rebut.
My business plan is "I'm planning to mine the asteroid belt and solve world hunger."  Explain exactly where it falls apart.

Sorry, it was €6mil, so even more than $6mil (see http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/02/23/love-it-or-hate-it-bitcoin-here-to-stay/ ).

You've hit the nail on the head with "we're going to do a bunch of stuff with bitcoin". That's one of the reasons I find it such an attractive venture. At the moment the future for bitcoin is a huge unknown, so I'm happy for them to try a whole lot of different business models covering all aspects of the bitcoin ecosystem. Ideally they will all be successful ventures but even if one or two fail to gain traction then the rest should hopefully be profitable enough to absorb the loss.

And regarding your plan for asteroid mining, there's nothing substantial/specific there but that doesn't stop me picking it apart. For instance:

- what technologies will you use to reach earth orbit/mine the asteroids?
- what nations have you got agreements with to launch shuttles from?
- how are you going to fund this startup?

It falls apart because the technology doesn't exist yet, you have no credible backers or evidence that you understand the endeavour, and you have proposed no method by which you will generate revenue. I definitely would not buy shares in that venture.
sporket

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:10:17 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 06:28:40 PM by sporket

Sorry, it was €6mil, so even more than $6mil (see http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/02/23/love-it-or-hate-it-bitcoin-here-to-stay/ ).

Danny tells someone in an interview that he is investing 6mil of his own money, and you quote that as fact?  You're the investor my space mining startup is looking for!  I've invested 12mil of my own money into it already.

- what technologies will you use to reach earth orbit/mine the asteroids?

We are currently negotiating with several major space mining contractors, and will keep you updated as details emerge.

- what nations have you got agreements with to launch shuttles from?

The same nations that Danny has procured approval for his bank from.  All 200 of them Smiley

- how are you going to fund this startup?

My €12mil, undisclosed private investors, and your money, not that I we need it but I'm a nice guy we are an awesome company and want us to be super rich together.  You in?

P.S:  This was done realtime.  Had I a few weeks hours to plan this, I woulda' posted a nice PDF with pie charts, bar graphs and all kinds of footnotes and shit -- God-tier pro.
source101

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:22:37 PM

I have been given information which is extremely close to Danny himself. I have zero financial interests with bitcoin, never have. I know that he went to Cyprus with nothing else but his fiancée to follow his daughter. He worked security at nightclubs around the Doncaster UK area prior to Cyprus, which makes it hard to believe where this money comes from. Yes, new account, never been a member here. I am posting for those who have been sucked into this "too good to be true" investment. Danny is leaving along with partner and his belongings and running. Decide what you wish to do next from this information but think of the facts.

Someone who posts several times a day on twitter has stopped since 18th march.
Has not answered anyone's questions
People are starting to ask what is going on and not getting answers.

I wish people the best and hope they have not lost too much with this venture. Chalk it down as experience. Danny will have it as another company that he has failed to get off the ground. That boy has champagne taste on beer experience.
bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:26:08 PM

I have been given information which is extremely close to Danny himself. I have zero financial interests with bitcoin, never have. I know that he went to Cyprus with nothing else but his fiancée to follow his daughter. He worked security at nightclubs around the Doncaster UK area prior to Cyprus, which makes it hard to believe where this money comes from. Yes, new account, never been a member here. I am posting for those who have been sucked into this "too good to be true" investment. Danny is leaving along with partner and his belongings and running. Decide what you wish to do next from this information but think of the facts.

I wish people the best and hope they have not lost too much with this venture. Chalk it down as experience. Danny will have it as another company that he has failed to get off the ground. That boy has champagne taste on beer experience.

Thanks for the advice I just panic sold all my neo-bee share

What is your wallet address so I can give you a tip for this.
theMiracle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:32:14 PM

^Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but this guy here tried to unload @.0024 for quite a while.  Maybe still got some, if ur interested.

Thanks to all the buyers, transactions have gone unimaginably smooth and quick. I am selling shares until 3PM EST (approx 6 hours and 40 minutes from now) today at 0.0024, as I have a buyer set for the rest of my shares then.

First come first serve.
bittymitty

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:36:57 PM

^Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but this guy here tried to unload @.0024 for quite a while.  Maybe still got some, if ur interested.

Thanks to all the buyers, transactions have gone unimaginably smooth and quick. I am selling shares until 3PM EST (approx 6 hours and 40 minutes from now) today at 0.0024, as I have a buyer set for the rest of my shares then.

First come first serve.

Panic buying again now... 
theMiracle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:45:21 PM

See, you shouldn't do that -- wait a day or two, and get all you want.  For less.
Of course, I wouldn't bank on the price going too low -- Danny still has *millions* of shares to sell, in his best interest to keep the market price propped up for a bit.
source101

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:49:50 PM

Thanks for the advice I just panic sold all my neo-bee share

What is your wallet address so I can give you a tip for this.

I am like many others who do not believe in the hype of bit coin therefore thanks but no thanks. I am just putting information out there for mum and dad type investors who have money with this (so called) company and have a high chance of losing it. That I can not live with and that  think it disgusting. I hope he and his fiancee enjoyed the high life while they had and saw that it is not as great as they think especially at others expense…. That is the disgusting part.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:12:15 AM

Why should we believe you? Let us know your real name, how you know this information and what your true motivation is. Otherwise, please just leave us alone. I don't believe your white knight BS for a second.

Enjoy your cheap shares!
bittymitty

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:13:25 AM

Don't believe the hype of bit coin.

I have just sold all my bit coin investments and my bit coin

Thank goodness you gave me this advice before I lost my shirt.

I have faith in humanity again, thanks to stand up guys like you.
PeterHarrisonCY

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 12:17:48 AM

And that is why the ignore button doesn't work. If you have newbies coming into this investment, you need people to point out how bullshit this is. At least make an attempt!

This person is using elements of truth (ie how Danny came to Cyprus, and how he hasn't posted on his twitter etc.) together with fabricated lies (Danny leaving) to make the fabricated part more plausible. Fact: If you had zero financial interest, you won't be here. In fact, you have big financial interests to make the stocks crash so you can buy cheap.

People, don't accept so called 'facts' that are not supported by evidence.
source101

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:23:03 AM

Why should we believe you? Let us know your real name, how you know this information and what your true motivation is. Otherwise, please just leave us alone. I don't believe your white knight BS for a second.

Enjoy your cheap shares!

I don't want cheap shares in a venture that is too good to be true give me a building, something I can see. Not something that is invisible that some idiot can hack. Believe me or not, I do not care. But when this falls and Mr Brewster is gone and you have lost money do not complain to me. Trust me in saying that I have people very close to me, that I love and care about dearly, that have been burnt by his crap on another matter at another time and that is why I am saying what I am. If you have met him in a setting and you are one whom trusts your gut your know that he is a con person who would sell ice to eskimo for a profit. He and his fiancee are in this for big fancy cars, fancy gift designer this and that. If you knew what is getting shipped back to UK you would know. I am not coming forward with who I am for reasons which if you knew you would understand. My morals are not feed by greed as Danny's are.
source101

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:31:47 AM

I have been given information which is extremely close to Danny himself. I have zero financial interests with bitcoin, never have. I know that he

And that is why the ignore button doesn't work. If you have newbies coming into this investment, you need people to point out how bullshit this is. At least make an attempt!

This person is using elements of truth (ie how Danny came to Cyprus, and how he hasn't posted on his twitter etc.) together with fabricated lies (Danny leaving) to make the fabricated part more plausible. Fact: If you had zero financial interest, you won't be here. In fact, you have big financial interests to make the stocks crash so you can buy cheap.

People, don't accept so called 'facts' that are not supported by evidence.

I would love to hold onto your faith as you obviously have money invested. I do not. Lie detector, you can say he could take you to court anything. I will stand by what I say because I know it true. His leaving I know his fiancee arrives back in UK on Monday, she has a one way ticket. At this stage I do not have Danny exact travel plans. I know that his planned wedding in Cyprus has now been canceled. I know that his 2 cars are getting ready to be shipped back to UK. Do I need to tell you what cars they are? Has Mr Brewster got back to any of his investors? Why would you be planning on going over to Cyprus to speak with him if there was not any doubt. All I am doing is showing you is that you should have doubt. When I was told this is what he was doing I knew that this venture would end like his past, a failure…..

Ask yourself if I wanted the shares why would I knock back the offer. I would not have the slightest idea how bit coin works except for it can be hacked. All I know is that Danny has tried and failed yet again because his greed and eye for the big and grand thing got away from him.
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: