Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you even read whitepaper bro?  (Read 9158 times)
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:57:41 PM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

It may be burdening and bothersome, but I definitely do read the whitepaper. I don't want to end up blaming myself or someone else for not gathering enough information on the project I am joining. After all, its your profit that's on the line if you join a failing project, a bad project, or worse, a scam. I think that's the reason many people who join projects complain that most projects are no good because they don't exert their due diligence in know what the project is about. The whitepaper is one of those things where you can get needed information about the campaign you're joining, which can help you actually gauge if a projects prospers or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeffdu3300

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:08:33 PM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

It is really a time killer but it really worth reading most especially for investors and bounty hunters. Maybe you need only to read faster so that it will not eat a lot of time in you. The only tip I can give you is enjoy the things you do so that whitepaper reading will not become burden to you.
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:10:28 PM

Yes bro, of course, there you can find the most important info, which helps you to decide if the project is scam or another sh.. coin

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:10:53 PM

Why go through the stress of reading some boring whitepaper? If I want to know about the project, all I need is the summary from the website; the product that is already available and the road map.

What is most important for me is the team. Trust me mate, I spend more time trying to dig more on the team than trying to read a boring whitepaper that anyone with a background in English can easily write or a punk scammer can easily dub. If the team cannot do it for me, and I cannot trust keeping my funds with them, then no matter how solid the whitepaper looks like, I do not care and would rather prefer they hit the exchange first, see how they fair for some time and how active the devs are, may be I can now reconsider holding a position for the long term.
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:15:42 PM

Do you even read whitepaper bro? Yes I even download it, whitepaper is very useful if we want to make a post in the facebook campaign or twitter campaign, and so we know more info and the purpose of the company in detail.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:21:56 PM

In my opinion reading whitepaper is a must, however after I look at website's "quality"
Then skim around for layout review, just to make sure it's worth my reading time
Then I start to get insight about campany's idea in big picture
If all OK then start reading Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
erenemred

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

now yes before not. to my observe it's changing how much money i'm investing. when i' begin it's going to like gambli. for now almost reading everywhere.
sleblanc1469

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:35:52 PM

I agree with others that nice whitepaper isn't provide all necessary information for invest decision. How about the team, and the hype around the project?
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:40:23 PM

My friend reading whitepaper is the best method as your basis to choose good ICO.It's not killing a lot of time when you seriously reading it, because we wan't to make our time worthy to get the data we want before we joined ICO Project Compaign.What do you choose killing your one hour time to read the whitepaper?or killing your time to joined how many months of compaign and the end you never get your reward.Just think it.
cccarnation

Activity: 146

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:44:38 PM

I always read whitepaper cause I have bad intuition and don't know people who can give me advices according to their experience. That's why I need to figure out everything by myself and read whitepapers to do it

D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:46:17 PM

Yes, I do but only if the project is already known to me and I'm interested in it. I'm not about reading wp of every project I meet. Also at least a half of wp is copypasted.
mahamuda

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:48:14 PM

I do not know about you guys, but I am always reading WPs. I have never invested my money without reading it) Cool
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:59:48 PM

if you want to invest in ico, you do have to read the white paper. because there you can judge how the path ico it. but if it makes you headache, in fact you do not need to read everything. most importantly you understand what the goals and who the team is working on the project.

KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:04:06 PM

Well i read it if i am curious about the project but i don't read all whitepaper for each ico. I always read the summary at the announcement thread/website first before deciding to read the whitepaper if i need more information about the project. Reading multiple of them is indeed a burden but it's a sacrifice that you have to do it if you want to understand and invest in good project.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SaintGraal

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:06:09 PM

Absolutely agree you need to read WhitePaper if you want to invest. Otherwise, how you can buy anything you are even not aware of?
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:14:32 PM

well before I join their ICO bounty campaign I just read their whitepaper first if they are legit but I just read a half of their whitepaper because its too long to read but its convince me that they are legit ICO. If you want to invest their ICO make sure you read their whitepaper even its too long because your money at risk.

YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:22:41 PM
Merited by OrcaTech (1)

Surprisingly, many refer to the creation of the WP without due seriousness. They create some sort of formal deed document, in which there is no specifics-only general phrases about what a great currency it is and how it will defeat all the rest.
 If you don't have time to master 10 pages of important information, try one pager with the maximum squeeze of wp.
Kivalar

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:29:31 PM

Surprisingly, many refer to the creation of the WP without due seriousness. They create some sort of formal deed document, in which there is no specifics-only general phrases about what a great currency it is and how it will defeat all the rest.
 If you don't have time to master 10 pages of important information, try one pager with the maximum squeeze of wp.
Agree. Hate these long lists of "we are the best because". I like when there is a shortened version of wp, smth like brief.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:30:18 PM

yes.i am investing to ICOs after reading whitepaper.it is important to read before investing in any ICO.we can decide the quality of the project by reading the whitepaper.and also can find all the necessary information in whitepaper.not only whitepaper,everything related to the ICO must closely research before investing in any ICO.   

I have been joining ICOs for a while now, and I have seen many whitepapers through those times. I am not saying that it is useless to read them, what I am saying is it is essential, especially if you're starting in the ICO market. From time to time, I still do check whitepapers, especially if I don't know how the project works and its background, if I want to be informed about it, then I do check the whitepaper. But, if the project I am joining is somewhat the same with the old projects I have joined, then I seldom check the whitepaper, what I mostly check are the rules with regards to the campaigns I join because I don't want to be doing something that doesn't follow the rules and end up with my work not being counted.

javainn

Activity: 733

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

I always read the whitepaper on the project I support. because whitepapper is very important and needed to be able to understand the project. although reading whitepapper is very difficult but we must take the essence of the whitepapper so that it can be an understanding for us.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: