Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you even read whitepaper bro?  (Read 9158 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:50:23 AM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

In my own experience, I never read even a single white papers in any ICOs and projects because I am too lazy on reading.
In fact, we can't spot good or bad or scam ICOs through reading their white papers and all the resources on the internet but instead I am checking straight to their Telegram Channels and other social media networks and communities.
For me in my personal view, reading white papers are such a waste of time.

In the real world, you would probably just be either really lucky to survive, or you would end up eventually losing all your money in a bad scam. But you know what? in the crypto and ICO world, you probably have a point. The channels where the devs and managers are the most active probably means that whatever it is, you know they are there for the community and will do something about the price of the token (since this is all anyone seems to be interested in, right?).

Whitepapers are becoming more meaningless as every day passes, which is sad.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:49:35 PM

I don't understand how can be doubts about this point: I mean, you are ready to put your money somewhere without taking the time to look at least at some basic information?
Of course a whitepaper can be deceitful, but it's a starting point. And you can easily detect the most evident scams.

It seems that the only strategy that some people have is "hope".

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:52:26 PM

Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

I read and analyze. If you get an initial view of the project, you can read the team and road map section. At the initial stage, this is enough.

Chefironside

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:01:21 PM

I do not read whitepaper any more because many whitepapers are only cheaply copied. I do not buy ico anymore. I only buy when the token is on the first exchange. then I buy cheap from the bounty people. that is much safer and then the projct is already started
Xioma

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:24:23 PM

why wouldn't you read them? aren't you interested in what you're investing in? at least skim it so you can get the main idea of the coin.
joann15

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:38:13 AM

I read white paper but not always, I follow ICO review expert and research on the project team of professionals.
Me too. To be honest, I don't read wite paper so often.  I think almost all of them are promising. I folow the opinion of my experts. The best of them is my good friend in the team who feels nice projects  Grin

But it is good too if you read whitepaper, then follow the opinion of the experts and research for the background of them team regarding their profession/expertise. If you do all that I guess you will not be scam on a fake ICOs.

rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:52:08 AM

Reading whitepaper is the best way to get more information about the project, its product, advisors, future plan and many more. even if it eats most of my time it is worthy because you will know more about the ICO and you can easily evaluate if your are going to invest to them or not.

Just dont be lazy reading information and be part of it. most of the successful people always read a book so why dont you start by reading whitepapers of your ICO.

om_iyo

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:36:58 AM

I think it's important to read white paper in every campaign or invest ICO. It is very important if you want to invest an ICO in there. Base of white paper, it explained that project is possible or not, everyone in a team, threats and regulation about the project, etc. Finally, you can calculate, is it gonna be profit or loss. For bounty and campaign, it useful to understand about knowledge of product, so they can promote the project more effective. For bounty and campaign, you can read for main point of white paper only. I think it's enough.
Md.salauddin

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:40:45 AM

Yes. I'm reading whitepapers before investing in any ICO. otherwise there's no way get the clear idea about the project. It gives a perspective about the goals, the motion behind the project and roadmap idea of the project. Only when i find the project worth from the whitepaper, i make my investment.
mksundip

Activity: 726
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:43:30 AM

I always take the time to read the whitepaper of the project, whether it's for investment or following their bounty program, but before looking at whitepapers, I see their website, their project concept, and the team that supports the project.

jassanpary

Activity: 420

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:46:29 AM

I think it's important to read white paper in every campaign or invest ICO. It is very important if you want to invest an ICO in there. Base of white paper, it explained that project is possible or not, everyone in a team, threats and regulation about the project, etc. Finally, you can calculate, is it gonna be profit or loss. For bounty and campaign, it useful to understand about knowledge of product, so they can promote the project more effective. For bounty and campaign, you can read for main point of white paper only. I think it's enough.
To get the proper information about the ICO project reading the white paper is a must if we don't go through the white paper then how come we can have the understanding the prospect and reliability of the  ICO's. So going to the white paper is a quite common process before jumping into any campaigns.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
lvincent

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:50:36 AM

I read most white paper of the project that i'm really interested in just to make sure that it will be successful, if  i look in their campaign thread and it got my attention those type of campaign are the ones that is worth checking out. White paper is really important in a campaign all of the information about the project is in their so don't get lazy try to read white paper for your own good.

shiv06

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:52:16 AM

Yes, I'm reading whitepapers before investing ICO. Because if you wanted to not waste your time on the read thing and you can find good ICO in investing and make good profit.
jimimcome907620

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:53:44 AM

I don't think so because they may mkae me get a general idea of project to help me make a good investment. So I will read them carefully.

hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:53:49 AM

I've been working on signature campaigns and it is really disappointing when I got scammed and the ICO was not successful. I gave my time and efforts to meet their requirements, but things go wrong because I'm just a newbie that time. The moment I experienced that, I decided to read the Whitepaper before anything else because through that, I will know if it's a scam or not. It's hard to get scammed anyways.
klixion

Activity: 645

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:55:10 AM

I only read the whitepaper if I plan to invest in the project.  Otherwise, I just look through the website and read up on the information that is posted on there.  If I like what I see, I will read the whitepaper and then decide if I want to invest in the ICO or not.  
gielaragil
Copper Member

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:55:47 AM

I dont think people are reading the whitepaper. the things is that most of the people who investing on ICO is only following other people movement.
IcyYew1

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:01:24 AM

Depending on how much money you're investing, it's always good to read the whitepaper to fully understand the project but also remark the time that the team has dedicated to writing down a neat whitepaper - Small things matter with 1 ICO being launch every other day...
Images21

Activity: 567

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:03:14 AM

To be honest, I have not read an entire whitepaper. I do not do it. For me, that is not even very necessary. But, make no mistake, you really need to check whitepapers. It is where everything about the project is found. It is basically the project in words. But there are certain points that you need to look at more than any other. I usually look at their detailed goals and then their approach. I then proceed to check the team as well as the roadmap.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
chanpinchen

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:07:43 AM

White paper gives a lot of valuable informations about a new project. It helps  crypto investor to make wise and profitable decision. I would not invest in any new token in if I have not gone through its white paper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: