Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565014 times)
erem

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:14:51 PM

Can I pay partially for the order? If I place the order for 5 units, but not feel comfotable to pay for all of them on this stage, can I pay for one to guarantee a place in the queue (for one unit) and for rest later? Or better place five separate orders?

giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:15:31 PM

You have to consider that we won't be taking orders forever, once we run into a determined quantity of orders (paid + reservation) that we know we can't handle anymore with the promised delivery terms, any new order won't be accepted anymore and only people in the reservation queue will be able to pay and get their units delivered. Hope this explains a bit  Smiley

Ok, I think I understand the confusion. The reservation queue isn't a queue at all. It's a reservation pool beause the order you are in the reservation queue doesn't matter one bit. The only thing that matters is order of full payment.
You're partially right  Grin. Let's say we shipped out all the prepaid units and we have 10 units left in stock and 200 reservations. The users that will be offered to pay for their reservations at first will be the earliest in the reservation queue. Of course, the exception to this is that you can jump into the delivery queue anytime by paying.
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:17:48 PM

Can I pay partially for the order? If I place the order for 5 units, but not feel comfotable to pay for all of them on this stage, can I pay for one to guarantee a place in the queue (for one unit) and for rest later? Or better place five separate orders?

The best way to do this is order one unit in the paid queue and leave your other orders in reservation queue.
E

Activity: 234

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:37:55 PM

Hi -

can you tell us any additional info that lets us know who you are, who the asic designers are, so we can become more comfortable with you and your team etc?

https://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

http://www.innosilicon.com/about.htm:
Innosilicon is the world's leading mixed signal Interface IP company specializing in high speed PHY and HD multimedia AFE IPs which embedded in millions SOC shipping per month. With its highly skilled multi-national engineering team covering cost effective IP to packaging/PCB design & SI analysis, Innosilicon possess the complete interface IP expertise for Mobile Computing, multi-media and Consumer Electronics SOC. We provide the system know-how that enables our customers to achieve risk free integration and SOC success in SMIC, TSMC and Globalfoundries with over 7 years track record. Our Interface PHY IPs are available in every major process nodes from0.13/0.11um, 90nm ,65nm/55, 40nm all the way to 28nm.

http://www.baystreet.ca/viewarticle.aspx?id=407440:
Seizing the unprecedented emerging opportunities in the Bitcoin space, Massive Luck Investments currently owns a major stake in leading cryptocurrency research and ASIC hardware construction corporation Bitmine AG formerly known as Exion Networks SA and registered in Switzerland. Massive Luck Investments seeks to transfer this Swiss engineered machinery and Intellectual Property to its manufacturing and hosting facilities in Asia. Its major partners in this venture will be world leading microchip design groups Synapse, Innosilicon, and Verisilicon, and the top global microchip manufacturer, Global Foundry.

In for 1TH/s (nom.) w/ order #109x -- very curious to see how it plays out.

Giorgio -- one logistical question: The 5 module coincraft desk is projected for 1850W in turbo mode; do you have a power supply solution lined up for this yet? Looking forward to getting a delivery from you guys in December!

E
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:56:55 PM

giorgiomassa will you get in touch with burnin in order to provide him some sample chips so he can build PCBs for them? Thanks.

bit_wizard

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:47:11 PM

After reading this, I will not be doing business with Bitmine.ch.

Thank you.
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:50:14 PM

09/09/2013: The next generation of ASIC miners based on custom 28nm design is now available for sale from www.bitmine.ch!

This is the official thread for support, questions, applause and blames related to our CoinCraft series of miners and ASICs.

News and updates will be posted here, if you have any question feel free to ask!

Thanks,

The bitmine.ch team

UPDATE: Please note that if you place an order in the reservation queue, you will receive an email asking for the payment. Please ignore this email, your order will be put in "reservation" status within the next 48 hours! We are working on fixing this, thanks for your understanding.

According to your site, you guys have been working on this for 6 months. 6 months development? Simon Barber's been working on his HashFast chip for over 2 years & you're telling us you hope to ship at the same time?

Tapeout info? Anything?
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:56:17 PM

Giorgio -- one logistical question: The 5 module coincraft desk is projected for 1850W in turbo mode; do you have a power supply solution lined up for this yet? Looking forward to getting a delivery from you guys in December!

E

Yes, we are targeting a 1700W power supply that can deliver 10% additional power, that is 1870W, it will be tested in our labs in the next few weeks. Anyway, we expect the power usage figures to be lower than that, we just like to be on the safe side of the estimations, not on the wrong one. Smiley
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:57:20 PM

giorgiomassa will you get in touch with burnin in order to provide him some sample chips so he can build PCBs for them? Thanks.

Yes we would really like to get on board some well known board designers like BkkCoins, burnin or intron (c-scape). We are thinking about something like a contest, we'll see what comes up  Smiley
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:01:16 PM

According to your site, you guys have been working on this for 6 months. 6 months development? Simon Barber's been working on his HashFast chip for over 2 years & you're telling us you hope to ship at the same time?

Tapeout info? Anything?
I could also have told you that we were working on our chip since the genesis block to look cooler than Simon Barber, luckily for the competitors we tend to give realistic and conservative figures  Smiley
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:02:22 PM

I'm interested in this if I can reserve a place in line for a miner, and pay when it's ready to ship.
Do you have a link to the miners you are making available for sale ? All I was able to find was the $50k product for 28nm chip orders.
This is exactly what the reservation queue does, you don't have to pay until we have the order ready for dispatch.
To find our products please just click on the "Products" tab in the home, that will bring you to the shop's main page where you'll find all the products on sale, including the miners.

Thank you. I must have missed the links somehow the first time around.

Good luck with this project. Look forward to following your progress.
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:04:09 PM

I'm interested in this if I can reserve a place in line for a miner, and pay when it's ready to ship.
Do you have a link to the miners you are making available for sale ? All I was able to find was the $50k product for 28nm chip orders.
This is exactly what the reservation queue does, you don't have to pay until we have the order ready for dispatch.
To find our products please just click on the "Products" tab in the home, that will bring you to the shop's main page where you'll find all the products on sale, including the miners.

Thank you. I must have missed the links somehow the first time around.

Good luck with this project. Look forward to following your progress.

Thank you!!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:41:36 PM

Yes we would really like to get on board some well known board designers like BkkCoins, burnin or intron (c-scape). We are thinking about something like a contest, we'll see what comes up  Smiley

I put 0.1 BTC on burnin Cheesy

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:14:19 AM

Hashing power of 20 GH/s in nominal and 40 GH/s in Turbo mode
Power usage of 0.35 W/GH in low power, 0.6 W/GH in nominal and 1 W/GH in Turbo mode
Supply voltage of 0.5V in low power, 0.65 V in nominal and 0.75 V in Turbo mode
Mass production available starting from the last week of November 2013

Am I correct in saying that each chip has a hashing power of 20Gh/s and a low power of 0.35W/GH?

Production only in last week of November, so delivery in 2014?
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:26:06 AM

Power usage of 0.35 W/GH in low power, 0.6 W/GH in nominal and 1 W/GH in Turbo mode

Am I correct in saying that each chip has a hashing power of 20Gh/s and a low power of 0.35W/GH?

No, youre not correct.  i dont think they announced the performance when its running in low power mode... only the wattage.  perhaps the perf is 10 GH/s when running in 0.35w/GH mode? (since the others are 20 and 40)

they announced the performance in nominal (read: normal) mode, and turbo mode.

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:32:41 AM

you barely answered any of my questions, which were all asked after reading your web site, so to plainly say 'go read the web site' as an answer is avoiding the question.

Hi -

can you tell us any additional info that lets us know who you are, who the asic designers are, so we can become more comfortable with you and your team etc?

Have you taped-out already?  when was it?  and if you havnt, presumably it must be imminent to be able to deliver by end of november?

These are widely covered in our FAQ and in our website, please read it there you will find all the needed details.

How are you financing the NRE's etc?  are you assuming the pre-orders will cover it?
No, we are already financed, that is also explained in the news!

You say on your web site that you have absolutely the best 28nm asic out there, yet your specs dont seem to establish those credentials so can you share how you are 'better' than your competitors?
Pretty easy, our estimations are conservative, not optimistic. We didn't put a lot of efforts in marketing, but we did put a lot of efforts in development  Smiley

Your power consumption per GH  - while good at 0.6 w/gh, is no better than the three most recently announced 28nm entrants (hashfast, cointerra, and bfl) and it could be argued that  hashfast and cointerra are claiming theirs chips will use LESS than 0.6W/GH at nominal volt/clock, and you're not saying it will be less, but are saying it will exactly be 0.6W/GH, which makes it sound like your silicon is close but not as low power as theirs.  And then youre saying if you undervolt/underclock it then it will have lower power, but that is completely true for any chip ever made, and all the others could claim that as well.
This is at our nominal power usage, if you need better power consumption, you can go in powersave mode and go 0.35 J/GH which is, as far as we know, industry leading. Our low power mode makes use of very low voltage transistors and is optimized for that, this is very different than just undervolting/underclocking the chip!

How are you cooling your chips?  if youre going to be substantially overclocking them, like you say on your web site then you must have some pretty serious cooling plans.  can you share those?
Aircooling up to Turbo mode, no need for expensive watercooling sets like some other competitors! These are expensive, prone to mechanical failures and bulky.

giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:33:28 AM

The 20 GH/s performance will be at the nominal power usage that has been pinned to 0.6 W/GH/s but will be likely much better. The performances at low power mode will be determined once we get hand on the samples.

Production in the last week of November and delivery starting from the 16th December depending on your position in the delivery queue. Delivery date is guaranteed by our customer protection plan so you are on the safe side.

erem

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:55:16 AM

The 20 GH/s performance will be at the nominal power usage that has been pinned to 0.6 W/GH/s but will be likely much better. The performances at low power mode will be determined once we get hand on the samples.

Production in the last week of November and delivery starting from the 16th December depending on your position in the delivery queue. Delivery date is guaranteed by our customer protection plan so you are on the safe side.

So according to that and customer protection plan if someone ordered the very first day and paid, the shipment is scheduled on 16th December. Every 10 days of delay guarantees 10% more up to 60 % of initial hashrate. If not shipped till 16th February, one may demand refund. Can you confirm?

giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:37:13 AM

So according to that and customer protection plan if someone ordered the very first day and paid, the shipment is scheduled on 16th December. Every 10 days of delay guarantees 10% more up to 60 % of initial hashrate. If not shipped till 16th February, one may demand refund. Can you confirm?

Precisely!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:08:21 PM

Have you taped-out already?  when was it?  and if you havnt, presumably it must be imminent to be able to deliver by end of november?

These are widely covered in our FAQ and in our website, please read it there you will find all the needed details.

The FAQ does not mention tapeout at all.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: