Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:51:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565006 times)
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:25:19 PM

I have the same experiences with butterfly labs.
They don't give a shit about customers. They cancel my order and after wanting a refund they uncancel my order.
Also they didn't answer to my emails so I lost more than one month from first order queue, etc.

About bitmine they didn't aswer my email i send 3 emails.
Their exchange rate USD to BTC is insane high. So I decide not to buy from them even I can go there and pick it up.
Because when I can get this item, 1THash will be almost unusable.

if their exchange rate USD/BTC was really high then this was excellent, but I think you meant the opposite,in other words really low, in this case I call bullshit because they use Bitpay, and most of manufacturers and merchants uses bitpay, so at the moment you placed your order you would pay for the same rate and it doesn't matter if it was cointerra/BFL/hashfast/bitfurrystrikesback/bitmine.....

because bitpay exchange rate is known and anybody can check it before placing an order and when placing an order https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates

I think you should go bitmine place order and seen the amount of Bitcoin then look at bitpay.
There is a big difference

I see what you're saying. I placed a test order (which I won't complete since these things are way overpriced!) and they used $760.20/BTC to calc the amount of BTC to be paid, while BitPay was quoting $789.72/BTC at the same time. I'm pretty sure they're not using BitPay as their payment processor.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ddalex

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:26:32 PM

Just received a letter from bitmine.ch!
By the end of the next week our production will start and I will have more information about the shipping date of your order.
Thank you for your understanding.
No comments!  Shocked
wait a minute, the end of the next week Huh!!!! this is 9th of February !!! this is a 2 diff. retargets.... and add to that the shipping time !! now if cointerra start shipping this week we are seriously doomed Huh

CoinTerra™ begins shipment of the TerraMiner™ IV – the world’s fastest Bitcoin miner
January 28, 2014
http://cointerra.com/pr-cointerra-begins-shipment-terraminer-iv-worlds-fastest-bitcoin-miner/
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:37:02 PM

I have the same experiences with butterfly labs.
They don't give a shit about customers. They cancel my order and after wanting a refund they uncancel my order.
Also they didn't answer to my emails so I lost more than one month from first order queue, etc.

About bitmine they didn't aswer my email i send 3 emails.
Their exchange rate USD to BTC is insane high. So I decide not to buy from them even I can go there and pick it up.
Because when I can get this item, 1THash will be almost unusable.

if their exchange rate USD/BTC was really high then this was excellent, but I think you meant the opposite,in other words really low, in this case I call bullshit because they use Bitpay, and most of manufacturers and merchants uses bitpay, so at the moment you placed your order you would pay for the same rate and it doesn't matter if it was cointerra/BFL/hashfast/bitfurrystrikesback/bitmine.....

because bitpay exchange rate is known and anybody can check it before placing an order and when placing an order https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates

I think you should go bitmine place order and seen the amount of Bitcoin then look at bitpay.
There is a big difference

I see what you're saying. I placed a test order (which I won't complete since these things are way overpriced!) and they used $760.20/BTC to calc the amount of BTC to be paid, while BitPay was quoting $789.72/BTC at the same time. I'm pretty sure they're not using BitPay as their payment processor.

so when you clicked check out did you get redirected to a page ? what was that page ' wasn't it bitpay ? because I am sure they used bitpay for their avalon clones...
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:42:37 PM

Just received a letter from bitmine.ch!
By the end of the next week our production will start and I will have more information about the shipping date of your order.
Thank you for your understanding.
No comments!  Shocked
wait a minute, the end of the next week Huh!!!! this is 9th of February !!! this is a 2 diff. retargets.... and add to that the shipping time !! now if cointerra start shipping this week we are seriously doomed Huh

CoinTerra™ begins shipment of the TerraMiner™ IV – the world’s fastest Bitcoin miner
January 28, 2014
http://cointerra.com/pr-cointerra-begins-shipment-terraminer-iv-worlds-fastest-bitcoin-miner/

Damn!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

January 28, 2014
Nice if you have 6 grand to spare.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:06:28 PM

January 28, 2014
Nice if you have 6 grand to spare.
First batch was 14k.  Also, 4 month lead time if you order now.
Shaolino

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:20:00 PM

Actually I prefer the Bitmine guys to work on our miners instead of wasting their time here on the forum !
But because of all these negative comments I started to be worried myself. So I used some free time this afternoon to give them a visit. Relax, here a short review:
-definitely no scam at all
-the whole crew works very hard to produce the miners as promised asap
-all neccessaries are on stock and ready for assembly
-the chips on the test board are working fine
-a bulk load of chips is on the way and will arrive within the next days
-crews for double shifts are ready to start as soon as the chips have arrived
Honestly, as long as a bit miner is not an off the shelf product you have to expect some delays !
In this case the reason comes with the late delivery of the chips and Bitmine is very sorry for that.
But I am shure we have choosen the right company. And although they have some customers who offer cash for a jump in the queue they will of course stick to delivery according date of payment.
So everything should be fine very soon,
Happy mining !
tvskit
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:17:20 PM

Actually I prefer the Bitmine guys to work on our miners instead of wasting their time here on the forum !
But because of all these negative comments I started to be worried myself. So I used some free time this afternoon to give them a visit. Relax, here a short review:
Honestly, as long as a bit miner is not an off the shelf product you have to expect some delays !
In this case the reason comes with the late delivery of the chips and Bitmine is very sorry for that.
But I am shure we have choosen the right company. And although they have some customers who offer cash for a jump in the queue they will of course stick to delivery according date of payment.
Happy mining !

Where a photo, video, or what some proof of your hike with check???
What do they say at the expense of his silence?

WTF!!!
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:49:00 PM

Happy mining !

I could also write something like that.

fact is: there is no prove of what so ever.
Even if they are all working hard. They have somewhat a support that answers somehow E-Mails from customers. I am pretty sure one person of them could spend like 15min writing an official News with Pictures and everything would be fine for both sides.
In fact, nothing happens. That makes everything very scam like.

Imagin you bought a Car and the promised delivery date is over 2 months expended and all informations you get are:

Dear Sir,
we are really hard working, maybe next week we can tell that we will maybe start in 2 weeks. Oh... your delivery is late? Maybe we can tell you something about that in 4 weeks after we started. But we can't promise that.

Thanks
 for your interests in our products. (thanks for your money)

Danke für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.

For any questions don't hesitate to contact us. In the meantime

Für Fragen sind wir jederzeit für Sie da.

Kind regards/MfG

Customer Service

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:07:40 AM

I could also write something like that.

fact is: there is no prove of what so ever.
Even if they are all working hard. They have somewhat a support that answers somehow E-Mails from customers. I am pretty sure one person of them could spend like 15min writing an official News with Pictures and everything would be fine for both sides.
In fact, nothing happens. That makes everything very scam like.

Imagin you bought a Car and the promised delivery date is over 2 months expended and all informations you get are:

Dear Sir,
we are really hard working, maybe next week we can tell that we will maybe start in 2 weeks. Oh... your delivery is late? Maybe we can tell you something about that in 4 weeks after we started. But we can't promise that.

Have you ever ordered a car in advance? You are lucky to get that much info from most dealers. They tend to just take your money and not give any updates, and cars are worth way more than these miners, so you would expect some feedback from the car dealer, when in reality most of the time is just waiting for the factory to ship with no further info. Not like they are built to order.

GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:08:26 AM

Chips are on the way and only dec batch should be delayed (includes also my orders)... big hit in lost rev., but I think we can't blame Bitmine as the delay was up to chip foundry. I trust Bitmine will deliver and fast when chips arrive.
BuildTheFuture

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:12:10 AM

Have you ever ordered a car in advance? You are lucky to get that much info from most dealers. They tend to just take your money and not give any updates, and cars are worth way more than these miners, so you would expect some feedback from the car dealer, when in reality most of the time is just waiting for the factory to ship with no further info. Not like they are built to order.

You don't pay for an ordered car until it is delivered. At most you put down a small deposit, usually refundable, often with a credit card.
lossminer

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:39:04 AM

Happy mining !

So it was your free day but you went to work in the afternoon anyway? Since the production was in Italy (right?) you should not have seen the double shift crews....
Is Giorgio still around or did he already leave Switzerland?

Now seriously. Since the first delivery dates are in December the first refunds according to the 61 day rule should be triggered somewhere in February. Adding 30 days for the refund (as stated in the terms of sale) will give them another month until, in my personal opinion,  the whole thing blows up. And this will happen even if they are honestly building miners, but just cant meet their 61 day rule.
Since Customer service is doing nothing else than telling customers to "relax and wait and in the worst case money back after 61 days" this smells to me very much like a BFL like business model. For sure it was fine tuned and some surprises may be still ahead of us. The strengths of the business model are obviously not in engineering and customer satisfaction.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect not.

tranquille

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:19:27 AM

Happy mining !

So it was your free day but you went to work in the afternoon anyway? Since the production was in Italy (right?) you should not have seen the double shift crews....
Is Giorgio still around or did he already leave Switzerland?

Now seriously. Since the first delivery dates are in December the first refunds according to the 61 day rule should be triggered somewhere in February. Adding 30 days for the refund (as stated in the terms of sale) will give them another month until, in my personal opinion,  the whole thing blows up. And this will happen even if they are honestly building miners, but just cant meet their 61 day rule.
Since Customer service is doing nothing else than telling customers to "relax and wait and in the worst case money back after 61 days" this smells to me very much like a BFL like business model. For sure it was fine tuned and some surprises may be still ahead of us. The strengths of the business model are obviously not in engineering and customer satisfaction.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect not.

The instance that the next "surprise" respectively delay occurs is the instant where we should file a legal suit in order to really figure out what was and is going on at this company. Simple as that.
I am talking a lawsuit that investigates what caused the delays and think that would be financially easily doable if some customers team up.

It´s just not bearable anymore to be left in a world of unknown by bitmine.

They do employ a support team that answers some emails but is not able to take over the company´s communication.

Take a look at https://alpha-t.net/news/ - They are doing a great job in keeping their customers informed of what exactly is going on; including an exact schedule https://alpha-t.net/news/timeline/ and frequent updates of the work in progress.

Now is this asked too much?

Daveb0

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:34:22 AM

You don't pay for an ordered car until it is delivered. At most you put down a small deposit, usually refundable, often with a credit card.

In which country?
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:24:34 PM

In which country?

Where not? Never had to pay a cent of any of my cars till I got the keys. And if you order a new car (when the dealer don`t know you) a credit card do all.
If you can`t afford it later you are contracted to take the loss of resale maybe BUT this is just the case of leasing contracts - as the car isn`t yours till you finished remaining payment.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
Blisk

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:09:01 PM

Exactly, so that's why a question why to pay infront? And why delys, do they mine with my machine and blame it on delay?

Daveb0

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:39:11 PM

In which country?

Where not? Never had to pay a cent of any of my cars till I got the keys. And if you order a new car (when the dealer don`t know you) a credit card do all.
If you can`t afford it later you are contracted to take the loss of resale maybe BUT this is just the case of leasing contracts - as the car isn`t yours till you finished remaining payment.

well I might have to change my car dealer then Smiley
All dealers where I bought (new) cars so far requestes an partial upfront payment (wire transfer - no credit cards [which would be beyond ma limits anyway Smiley]) and I had to wait several weeks for "delivery" afterwards.

...or maybe I just don't look trustworthy enough XD
Blisk

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

If I pay infront for car it was 10% most, and never ever more.
So if they take for miners 10% than all will be differend!

RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:45:48 PM

If I pay infront for car it was 10% most, and never ever more.
So if they take for miners 10% than all will be differend!

Are we in a car forum or what the crap?
Hear finally compare to apples with pears
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: