Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:46:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a fake coin?  (Read 2796 times)
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:28:56 AM

I just saw this somewhere on the internet. Are there any fake coins existing? How do you avoid buying fake coins?
I think they are referring to shitcoins.Those coins have a real blockchain but there is no real purpose except to scam and get investors money and left once they accumulate or they already dump all their holdings.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ethergod

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:31:14 AM

I just saw this somewhere on the internet. Are there any fake coins existing? How do you avoid buying fake coins?

I agree with a commenter who said to do research on coins. There are projects that are fraudulent, shady, or that serve no useful purpose. Usually these projects reveal red flags early on.
YuiAckerman

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:33:18 AM

Well many fake coins as of now... but I think it more in altcoins... tokens I should say....many sh*tcoins everywhere... we should avoid these...those are scammers and also some other projects that are successful will be make a dump coins because the projects itself is not doing correctly or... they just stop implementing or produced the projects.
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:36:55 AM

First there are several fake coins out there. Before you invest in any coin, you are supposed to make your own research as to find out why you should buy that particular coin, with that you can spot a fake coin, but some coins are difficult to be identify if fake or not. Most times when I trade, I always pray to God for help.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:40:15 AM

Do you mean scam coins or extra coins that are created to look like the original coin? If it is the former, there are a lot of scam coin hovering around the market space lately. just make sure you don't get caught up in their net. If it is the latter you are talking about, it is almost impossible to have so-called fake coins that are just like the original coin. Blockchain technology doesn't allow the additional fake coin to be created with same features and be added to the already fixed amount of coins that are already circulating.
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:45:56 AM

Not really but scam and shitcoins is probably what you are referring to, many of which wind up becoming dead coins.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:48:21 AM
Merited by Lazada (2)

First there are several fake coins out there. Before you invest in any coin, you are supposed to make your own research as to find out why you should buy that particular coin, with that you can spot a fake coin, but some coins are difficult to be identify if fake or not. Most times when I trade, I always pray to God for help.
fake coins are very much found in newly circulated coins, so usually new coin must be very noticed and do not let us lose due to mistake in choosing coin. A professional in the world of crypto in my opinion can already read the direction of movement of a coin, but for all of us who are still beginners then it is a pretty difficult thing to do. So one way to reduce risk is to try to invest in a coin that already has a good reputation, it can make us more comfortable and quiet to invest in the long term.

It can be said that fake coin is dominating today, many projects are failing and in the end they are scam. This is what degrades the reputation of cryptocurrency. hopefully the incident could continue to decrease.
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:49:23 AM

I think there's a lot of fake coins here because when i join some airdrops Gmail has send me a personal massage the some airdrops send me a fake token that's why they don't allowed in my wallet.
kopisusu

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:52:56 AM

of course many fake coins are circulating on the internet, they try to cheat everyone and steal our savings for it if we want to make an investment to be careful and always do research
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:53:10 AM

A fake coin/shit coins are just useless coins that can't be used or trade anywhere. You can find a lot of it in the bounties(altcoins) section so you need to study the project itself, the back ground of the team, whitepaper,etc. it don't actually call fake coin, its shitcoins because it has no worth or anything.

To avoid buying a scam coin or useless coin, you can visit the thread that I've made about avoiding to be scammed by the projects, it may not fully help you at least you'll learn something even a little. Here's the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3196383.msg33152916#msg33152916
briana samomingkir

Activity: 350
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:58:06 AM

If ICO scam is there, I think a fake coin also exists. Because almost every day there are always ICOs and new coins emerging.
Choosing a coin that has the quality, popularity, and quantity of users who are in the top rank. And select a coin that already has experience and can last long in crypto.

◌▬▬◌ CRYPTOXYGEN | A Crypto Exchange Integrated In Hardware Thomson Computing ◌▬▬◌
ICO IS LIVE NOW‼ ▬◌ Visit : www.cryptoxygen.io
[/center
untugede

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:00:28 AM

Of course there are fake coins on the internet. With any sphere which involves great money, there is a layer of people who are trying to scam you and steal your well-earned savings that is why you need to be careful with your moves.

indeed there are some fake coins, and coins usually initially promise high profits, but when we have bought many coins will not be sold in the market, so we have to be really careful to buy and invest our money, and I hope we want investing our money with coins, it would be nice to do some research on the coin first.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Limar0

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:22:59 AM

I think there's no such thing as fake coin.It's just that it is not so valuable unlike other coins.So if you would like to invest in altcoins,it is best to choose on the top ten coins listed in coinmarketcap to make sure that it is valuable or profitable.
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:36:44 AM

Yes, I believe that there are some fake coins, moreover those new listings. But, I don't say that all newly listed coins are fake.
We must be careful and smart in choosing the coins to buy. Analyzing the concept of the coins, its value, market token, and other community sharing are important to know the coins are fake or not. At least, we can try to minimize the risks of fake coins.
Mateo123

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:57:04 AM

how can coin be real if we are not real?Huh

these tards are hilarious

I think eventhough we are real there still  some fake coin, i believe that, thats why we must be carefull in choosing our coins, we should do some research ,we see to it that we are holding those valuable and promising coins,
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:01:39 AM

By their purpose and purpose. And also I check for fork of some other more well-known crypto currency
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:39:08 AM

Well I'm not exactly sure what you mean by fake coins but there are no such thing as counterfeit cryptocurrencies. What is existent in the cryptocurrrency market though are scam coins. These are coins that have absolutely no value and the developers just created them for the sole purpose of making money off of unsuspecting investors and they do not intend to stay in the market long.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
bright07

Activity: 392
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 10:18:20 AM

We should buy any coin through good exchange. We should get knowledge about the background of coin which we want to buy. The company which talks about much investment of the coin,those coins are fake. Its sale and purchase is also less. Always alert for fake coins.
basty03

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:03:35 AM

There's a lot of fake coin in crypto especially in altcoin to avoid to scam and fake coin you need to research first about cryptocurrencies before you buy or invest to it. So you can avoid some loses of your investment.
strwy09

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:52:29 AM

some. In my country, despite the ban on cryptocurrency transactions, there are still many cryptocurrencies and MLM coins that exist and deceive investors. Therefore, investing in cryptocurrencies still requires sufficient knowledge of oneself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: