Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 03:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a fake coin?  (Read 2796 times)
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:34:48 AM

there is, now we can make two coins with the same symbol but the contract address is different
Now the ID of a coin is a contract address (if in Ethereum)
make sure the coin contract address that you have, must be the same as the contract address that the relevant coin developer informs, so that it can be deposited in the exchange
Yes it is, when we're not see this correctly, it will certainly trap us. While there are now a lots of new shit coins in the market that don't have a good dev team background. Maybe we can makes an addition a fake coin symbol on their main coin symbol which uses the same name ID as the another previous coin Cheesy
There's a quite not seen difference about this thread, fake coin is such a coin that does not exist or to be simple " a scam project". Which is different to a existing coins but has a low value or near to be useless "named shitcoins". Shit coins is existing but the real product or the service are too slow to develop or mostly they don't want to develop it at all. All they want is the money from investing, which is turn to a disaster. But like I said, that is not a fake coin.
So many ways if people want to get rich quickly through crypto and that's one of them. Create coin and website then wait for investors to get the bait. So you assume it was scam coin instead fake coin. Yes that is what matches what you mean, indeed it's have no difference.
love728

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:36:35 AM

No this is second biggest currency and this is the valuable currency it not FAKE coin.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:46:04 AM

yes they are many fake coins existing in the market and some are not yet listed, to prevent buying fake coins just research the coin and know their project if it is real or not.

Dynamist

Activity: 333

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:48:52 AM

I just saw this somewhere on the internet. Are there any fake coins existing? How do you avoid buying fake coins?

Yes, these coins didnt even reach the finish line of an ICO campaign. Coins without value, no communities, under-developed or you might say sh*t coins. These coins are considered no value at all.

Komandor8957

Activity: 420

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 10:50:47 AM

Counterfeit coins are often issued for real. You should carefully look at the coin index. For example, recently discovered a new scam-project EOZ, the last letter differs from the classic and successful EOS. Be vigilant.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
dodziu

Activity: 473

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:56:31 AM

There are no fake coin in crypto but I will rather call then shitcoin because many of them are not legit as they are not really potential and do not really have anything to offer the crypto community and that is why before you invest in any coin, you should try as much as you can to do a very good research of it and be sure it is promising before you invest in it.
labhsikh123

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:12:59 AM

It depends on the study and awareness. We must discuss about the crypto if we want to either follow or buy or investment in crypto organization. I think that it will be beneficial and help to prevent the fakes in the market. 
bitamedge

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:38:04 AM

I've heard someone say about fake coins in exchange recently. But they don't say what type of coin it is. And as far as I know, what they mean is fake coins are coins that do not have interested ones. Because it does not have this enthusiast, the coin dies and is removed from the exchange.
ezakmisd

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:39:52 AM

I think she used to be strong, now it's a different time and everything changes. With each time, everything happens, only somewhere sad, but somewhere positive. Smiley Cheesy
vooov

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:41:56 AM

I just saw this somewhere on the internet. Are there any fake coins existing? How do you avoid buying fake coins?
What do you mean by counterfeit money? Fake BTC or ETH coins? Or is it a fake coin that has no value at all? Both of these situations may exist, but the first case is rare.
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:58:07 AM

Until recently the fake coins in the market it is very difficult to track. But I think instead of false coins currently circulating. But the coins so far fail to grow. The coin failed to grow so it will disappear by itself. And will be replaced with a new coin that is more potential in the market.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:25:12 PM

The more valuable btc the more project scam in the name of the token/coin. For it if you want to invest then do it first observation better than see or learn the roadmap,whitepaper,look how great the dev team and also other supportive aspects.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:54:36 AM

There are so many fake coins in the market as like scam projects. Before investing to something you must be atleast have knowledge about it. Do some research and if the promises are too good to be true then maybe it is a fake one.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2450
Merit: 275

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:00:41 AM

Fake coins maybe called as scam coins,there were lot of projects were created just to steal the investors money and it is hard to predict them 100% scam or not but if you have good knowledge about crypto currency then you might get an idea about scm or not.FOr more information refer this thread Guidelines, how to spot a scam ICO & report effectively. ✔

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
notesico

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:05:45 AM

Fake coin are popular on decentralized exchanges, it is risk to buy tokens on dex exchange, some guys do buy ethereum contract after that, it will be listed on dex and some noobs actually do buy fake tokens because they do not know.
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:13:24 AM

Yeah, there are a lot of fake coins circulating making issues in the community. These fake coins come from fake ICOs that make projects without clear planning. That is why as a crypto currency player we must be wise in choosing the correct ICO because a fake ICO will affect fake coins as well. Praise God so far I have never bought a fake coin because I always make deep consideration when I buy a coin. When I buy coins, I will make a consideration about the advantages and disadvantages of the coin along with the chances of success in the future. Likewise by choosing the ICO, I did an in-depth analysis so as not to be wrong in choosing the ICO.
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 08:17:13 AM

As long as the coin has a smart contract and can be tracked, it is not fake. What is left for the coin is to either get listed on the market or once listed, gain value on the market. These are determined by the expertise and efforts on the team members of the coin.
A fake coin is the one that is not even created with but just named.
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:20:12 AM

maybe what you mean is a fake coin is a new ico scam coin Huh now there are many ico scams and carry away money from investors, for that we must be careful in determining a coin so you don't lose money

Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:40:37 AM

I don't think there is anything such as a fake coin as there is no way for anyone to actually make counterfeit crypto coins but what there is the fact that there are a lot of scam coins and yes there are a lot of listed scam coins. The creators wait for the price to get to a certain point and they sell out their bags and leave the project to crash and burn
hanadaya

Activity: 294
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

In my opinion, maybe we should be able to distinguish between counterfeit coins or original coins when we follow the purchase trade that we can see in the coin list that is currently in circulation, also need to be careful in choosing coins there are many guides here in forums and throughout the internet. thoroughly so you can see and avoid it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: