Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3622 times)
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:35:33 AM

Choose day trading or just holding depend on many factors. If you're a good trader with a lot of trading skills, you must choose day trading cause it's a better option than holding, you can earn money everyday by selling high and buying low. But if you're not, you should choose holding, it's safer than trading but it'll take really long time to earn money cause you need to wait until price of the coin you're holding rise.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:15:55 AM

Initially I thought that in the cryptocurrency the HODL strategy was the most profitable. Now the number of instruments for trading is very large, so there is an option to maximize profits by shifting from a coin to a coin. It should be understood that daytrading is suitable only for experienced traders, for beginners the best option will be to hold and parallel the study of the scope of daytrading.

Day trading has always been the field of professionals, I don't know why people that have never traded a single asset in their lives think they can do the same that professional traders can do, it's simply illogical to think that a person that has never studied trading can do the same as someone that has years of experience and knowledge and yet we see the same mistake over and over again from newbies and they lose money as a result of those dumb decisions.
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:59:22 AM

Hodl is a term framed by a drunk guy. Since then people have placed their beliefs in it. Trading is actually a thing unlike hodling. It's for people who are afraid of trading or don't know how to trade. I also do fairly believe that hodling doesn't facilitate mobilization of funds but trading does. I think you got your answer here.
Grin Drunk what? I feel you though because we lay so much emphasis on HODLING than trading but we also have to realize that everyone cannot actually be a trader and they will end up losing more if they trade than if they ended up holding. At least, one thing is sure for holding, you have your stuff intact and when you feel you have realized a lot from it in the long run, you opt out. In the real sense though for those who are willing and able to learn, trading is by far better.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:39:20 AM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

Both are different than you personally think, because both needs different amount of attention, care, Psychological behaviour and Mindset for to accomplish. Holding is done mostly in investing and i think investing should be done by everyone but the trading is done only with the risk takers and for that, you need to know about trading in deep. I personally go for investing and trading both, but investing is my favourite as i like to do often and i trade rarely when i get dividends on stocks.
In fact, as long as you know you are holding strong coins, the HODL does not even require anything than for you to just store your private keys somewhere, go ahead with your normal activities and then come back in few years to just check how they are doing, while trading on the other hand requires a lot and most especially knowledge is needed because if you do not have that, you will most definitely fail. I prefer trading anyway since that is what i do and I so much prefer it than holding except that I just have to hold some, since I do not trust any of the exchanges going blank on me one day.
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:46:01 AM

Choose day trading or just holding depend on many factors. If you're a good trader with a lot of trading skills, you must choose day trading cause it's a better option than holding, you can earn money everyday by selling high and buying low. But if you're not, you should choose holding, it's safer than trading but it'll take really long time to earn money cause you need to wait until price of the coin you're holding rise.
With only your skills you will not make a profit you need the luck to make a profit in day trading. don't think experts can make daily profit in day trading even they also lose money in this method. this is only suited for risk takers, not for normal traders.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:21:19 AM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

For me in my experience only i dont know about the others but day trading is more profitable but at the same time also very risky and always need your time. Unlike long term trading that you can earn profit but it takes a long time before you can finaly earn it and this kind of trading need less time not always check.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                    

Powered by,
Borisb52

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:00:44 PM

Unequivocally trading within a day you can earn more money than with long-term investment. But the risks here will be higher. But not all of them get to trade within a day and at the same time earn. This is quite difficult.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:04:14 PM

Day-trading is very risky, so if you have got a lot of money then you can experiment with a small portion of your money. If you don't have a lot of money and don't have a lot of experience in trading then holding would be better for you.

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:32:16 AM

For me in my experience only i dont know about the others but day trading is more profitable but at the same time also very risky and always need your time. Unlike long term trading that you can earn profit but it takes a long time before you can finaly earn it and this kind of trading need less time not always check.
Day trading is the most profitable form of trading and trading itself is the most beneficial method of increasing capital with the help of crypto currencies. But one should select a coin that is capable of changing value greatly within a day.

Bitcoin is the only coin that is suitable for trading but it demands specific skills too. It is also most suitable for holding as only this crypto coin can increase to large value after a little time is passed.
SyrulRamadhan

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:52:41 AM

if you play daily trading is a lot of risk, because it can make you panic selling because the price continues to move quickly every minute. I think it's better to play long term maybe once a week to see the market or after you buy you can directly put a sell order above the price you buy  Grin
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:16:42 AM

I prefer to apply both because with daily trading you can get a very fast profit but have a very high risk, while to hold you can be more profitable because you never lose and you are lucky to buy when the price is cheap.
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:24:03 AM

Holding actually pay more compare to daily trading.  The questions however is how many people can actually hold their to a point where it becomes very valuable and profitable for them?  Holding bitcoin is harder,  trading it is easy.

putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:35:52 AM

when I can buy at a very cheap price I am sure I will hold the coin that I have, while for daily trading more have a very high risk because you can just get stuck at a very high price.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:10:05 AM

Initially I thought that in the cryptocurrency the HODL strategy was the most profitable. Now the number of instruments for trading is very large, so there is an option to maximize profits by shifting from a coin to a coin. It should be understood that daytrading is suitable only for experienced traders, for beginners the best option will be to hold and parallel the study of the scope of daytrading.

Day trading has always been the field of professionals, I don't know why people that have never traded a single asset in their lives think they can do the same that professional traders can do, it's simply illogical to think that a person that has never studied trading can do the same as someone that has years of experience and knowledge and yet we see the same mistake over and over again from newbies and they lose money as a result of those dumb decisions.
Day trading is no doubt the most beneficial and the best thing to do but the point is it has got a huge chance of loss of money as well and that to do trading, you really need to have lot of skillset and knowledge which is not an easy thing to have and for that, you need to work hard. Holding is more appropriate option as it can help you in having more money at the end by putting in less efforts.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
yvesp110

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

Hold for a minimal risk and trade if you are the gambler type.Before I use my profits from the signature campaign of Yobit to buy other coins.One is Lisk which have been profitable for me even just for a short run.I didnt know it could come to this price right now.That was a long time ago where LSK is valued at 30k satoshis.

If we forget about the possible cases and talk generally, day trading is far better than simple holding because with the help of this, a man can increase his capital quicker than simply keeping coin for a long duration. But like you said, it is risky and requires god knowledge of coin for achieving desire results. Not only this but the coin to be used for day trading or holding also matter a lot. Signature campaigns are best for newcomers.
Unicorn_Heart

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:59:45 PM

Since there are so many dips this month, I think it is better to just hold and be patient to wait until the price will rise up again. Day trading is not feasible for me because the price is still going down so you better to go with holding. You may also add more Bitcoin as the price is still lower and then just hold.

gustav920s

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:05:55 PM

daytrading is quite hard in cruptomarkets imo
pissyas

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:51:05 PM

You can see that bitcoin and altcoin prices are dropping sharply today and this is the strongest annual decline, so this is an opportunity for us to gather the potential for prices. cheapest. When the market goes down, we should be looking at the bottom to buy and when the market starts to recover we can trade them. You need flexibility in keeping and trading.
sagor0707
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:11:01 AM

If your capital is new, hold 60% token and trade 40%. If there is an old capital  and If your Trade in loss you should Hold your trade untill recover market.
kramat

Activity: 910

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:26:34 AM

If your capital is new, hold 60% token and trade 40%. If there is an old capital  and If your Trade in loss you should Hold your trade untill recover market.
it's great when you hold more than 50% and this will make it safer and not lose much money when the market is unstable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: