Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:29:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3738 times)
BitAds

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:25:50 PM

I sell advertising for BitTorrent and am very close to people at Google, Facebook and Twitter who have told me that from a promotion standpoint (at least in the US) their lawyers see way too much potential liability at this point taking in advertising.   A factor is that promoting a product or service from a distributed network may be hard to track down should there be an issue.

However as people have stated here all of the aforementioned companies will be incorporating crypto-currencies into their offering.

SHAMELESS PLUG Grin Grin:   BitTorrent does accept advertising from crypto products and services.  Our audience skews 74% male, and they are very much of the cord cutting, technophile mindset and already trust distributed computing.  Contact me at worldwide@bittorent.com if interested for rates
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lanoanh082

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:04:10 AM

Facebook is not against bitcoin or any other crypto. They are against ICO, As some study found out more than 50% ICO is a scam, and lots of negative news coming out regarding ICO in past recent. So lots of advertising company, such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube stand against these ICO.
summer.sophia

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:18:33 PM

I dont think that. People dont share many info about BTC on FB cuz BTC isnt legal in many countries
sandymandy937

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:14:54 PM

I think more likely reason is facing the impact of national policies, because most of the current national policy for ICO is not friendly, so I can't join  facebook bounty thread, it makes me feel sad.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:20:17 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?
Soon your account will be banned promoting ICos. It is better to stay away from facebook. You only need to choose promote ICOs or baned. Are you OK. If not spam facebook with ICOs bounty. Afraid of being banned, create new account in facebook. DOn't worry to use fake data because your data is leaked. I say not to worry about facebook.
CyNotes

Activity: 199

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:24:13 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
You arent reading ,based on facebook terms and conditions they will not accept any ICO related advetisement to their paid advertising program to eliminate scammy ICOs in facebook community.It doesnt mean that they will ban your account if you posted,share and link any ICO related topics using your profile the only affected by this restrictions woauld be the people who are paying facebook for their ICO advetisements.
Not updated on facebook terms and policies. Facebook doesn't allow to do advertisements through ICO community because in other countries, the ICOs are already warned and banned. Facebook will become vias if they do an advertisements. They want to neutralize the situation between facebook users and and their team.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:47:23 PM

Facebook is blocking my bounty related posts these days. There were no such a situation before. My reports become rubbish because of this prevention. I think Facebook bounty rules must be changed. There must not be any tag or website link
bibitao26

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:06:28 PM

Facebook is not allowing to post bitcoin on that website because they also care people around the world to be aware of scamming on them. Facebook banned the ads because facebook think that crypto ads brainstorm the people.
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:40:05 PM

Facebook is considering creating its own cryptocurrency. In Fact, Facebook is implementing a new team dedicated to the development of blockchain technology.

App and companies could accept the digital currency and help deliver financial products in emerging markets that are still "unbanked".
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:41:55 PM

Facebook is considering creating its own cryptocurrency. In Fact, Facebook is implementing a new team dedicated to the development of blockchain technology.

App and companies could accept the digital currency and help deliver financial products in emerging markets that are still "unbanked".

Any reliable sources that you get that information from? Though I honestly believe that they are secretly developing their own blockchain technology behind the scene, there's no statement at all that they are banning cryptocurrencies, instead, they are only banning the ads regarding ICO and its connection to cryptocurrency.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
teleskopta

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:46:49 PM

if they're against Crypto they will not plan to enter it. Because there are rumors that Facebook plans to get into crypto and made their own token. If its true then it is gonne be big news for crypto because facebook can persuade many people.
lihongjing

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:51:38 PM

Facebook's policies and regulations are actually very good, because now ICO scams are rampant. They can avoid false ICOs and let more people be deceived.
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:54:13 PM

Because facebook today is full of cancer people, they try to scam people with the use of links and phishing sites. There are no moderators there that will scan all over the transactions happening or the referral links posting in their platform, After all facebook is use for chatting and posting pics right? That's why they ban cryptocurrency related things on facebook.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
AndreyBitTalk

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:54:55 PM

I guess Facebook just want to absolve from effect  that someone lost it's money by investing into scam ICO has been annonced on facebook.
But I also heard they just want to decrease ads relevancy so that you will see more info about your friends that commercial. Maybe ban of ICO annoncements is the part of that policy
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:40:45 AM

I don't really know, but as far as I know ..Facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin and initial coin offerings, as part of an “intentionally broad” policy against deceptive marketers. Product management director Rob Leathern explained the decision in a blog post, saying Facebook will no longer accept ads that “promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:32:59 AM

This will highly affect the activities of many bounty campaigners as well as bounty hunters. Most hunters are fond engaging in Facebook bounty. And Facebook seems to be the social medium through which many of the prospective investors in a token project can be reached.
alexbs

Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:20:13 AM

Any reliable sources that you get that information from? Though I honestly believe that they are secretly developing their own blockchain technology behind the scene, there's no statement at all that they are banning cryptocurrencies, instead, they are only banning the ads regarding ICO and its connection to cryptocurrency.

Obviously there are no news or official statements. These are insider rumors, but it is reasonable that Facebook is thinking about this operation, being now blatantly late on this front.  Facebook had already tried in 2011, failing, to create an internal currency "Facebook Credits", to help people pay for goods and virtual games.

Personally I would never buy that shit, just to be clear Smiley
MiChaeng

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:44:25 AM

yes maybe one of them is to avoid fraud. because according to the founder of facebook, many who feel aggrieved if advertising about crypto circulating on facebook. then of all forms of promotion or advertising about crypto will be eliminated. maybe that's my opinion.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

Facebook just against advertising of ICOs, because most of the ICO non regulated and in the grey area of legislation. So it is the risk for Facebook as public company to advertise such non legit projects

Facebook advertises only the trusted projects. Besides it, as I know they are going to create their own cryptocurrency. Have you heard something about it? I guess many people will invest in it. IMHO.
Malian

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:27:51 PM

I think they are not against bitcoin. They are doing that to avoid ICO scams. Because there are too many ICOs here in crypto world that are scam. They are not against crypto currencies ads whoever spread that news are just making a FUD to push down the price of Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: