Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3738 times)
Jackypot (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:00:28 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBountyManager

Activity: 27
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:42:58 PM
Merited by BobBct (1)

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
You arent reading ,based on facebook terms and conditions they will not accept any ICO related advetisement to their paid advertising program to eliminate scammy ICOs in facebook community.It doesnt mean that they will ban your account if you posted,share and link any ICO related topics using your profile the only affected by this restrictions woauld be the people who are paying facebook for their ICO advetisements.
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:52:59 PM

It's to protect people from scam investment. many coin/token use facebook ad for advertising ICO and ppl don't know scam or not.
one of mark's resolution for this year is to study about bitcoin and cryptocurrency
manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:55:06 PM

IMO it's more of an anti fake-news policy. Since most ICOs advertised were scammy.
Honglee

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:07:20 PM

You arent reading ,based on facebook terms and conditions they will not accept any ICO related advetisement to their paid advertising program to eliminate scammy ICOs in facebook community.It doesnt mean that they will ban your account if you posted,share and link any ICO related topics using your profile the only affected by this restrictions woauld be the people who are paying facebook for their ICO advetisements.

Agreed!

today fb transform from social media to advertisement even live business etc~ Lol
Pity as a member of fb, i dun like crypto inside fb, purely social is i want!
anyway it is always business for everything! Good lUck

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:12:26 PM

It's to protect people from scam investment. many coin/token use facebook ad for advertising ICO and ppl don't know scam or not.
one of mark's resolution for this year is to study about bitcoin and cryptocurrency

Even if they state that the main reason of such ban is to avoid scam projects, I think thay have another reasons to ban ICOs and cryptocurrencies. Maybe it's just a manipulation news, I haven't seen any banned ICO facebook account yet.

DAOfan

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:14:16 PM

I had Facebook block 2 of my posts about cryptocurrencys as spam automatically, however, both of them were restored the next day.

"Thanks again for letting us know about this post. We took another look and found it doesn't go against our Community Standards, so we've restored your post. We're sorry for the trouble and appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us so that we could correct this."

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:14:55 PM

Even if they state that the main reason of such ban is to avoid scam projects, I think thay have another reasons to ban ICOs and cryptocurrencies. Maybe it's just a manipulation news, I haven't seen any banned ICO facebook account yet.

Well there's a rumor zuckerberg is planning to introduce his own altcoin, so I wouldn't be surprised if he would advertise it on facebook.

With that being said, I still sometimes get crypto ads. so who knows.  Huh

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
MasterMoon

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:16:18 PM

No they are not against bitcoin. They are doing that to avoid ICOs that are scam. Because there are too many ICOs here in crypto world that are scam. They are not against crypto currencies ads whoever spread that news are just making a FUD to push down the price of Bitcoin.
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:20:50 PM

It is true one of mt friend got ban because of promoting ICO on her facebook account, facebook name her post as spam message and they cant dend any link came from bitcoin, if you send a link the next thing you cant sent any message, maybe facebook prevent on scam ICO but not all ICO is a scam if people know how to read and understand the content of tge project they can avoid scam ICO
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:21:55 PM

facebook just wants to smash fraudulent projects which are now very much! I think this is the right step in the fight against fraudsters! I support such innovations
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:23:32 PM

They're kind of right to do that. As once there is regulation at place, they will surely support ICOs again. They're very strict when it comes to promo of any kind of financial services, asking you for licenses etc. It make perfect sense to me and can help genuine projects
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:25:55 PM

I don't think so. There are still ICO advertisement on Facebook. If the reason is to prevent scams, then what about Facebook bounty campaigns. It is not more influence than even Facebook advertisement itself.
setifien19

Activity: 472

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:27:39 PM

Yes, I think Facebook opts to ban paid ads especially those focusing on ICOs investments , because people have experienced enough such scams & fraudulent projects .
But discussions about cryptocurrencies and ICOs are still possible in Facebook groups .
captain_blood

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

The Most Profitable Mining Pool

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:31:46 PM

Facebook is just regulating the fast-growing type of scam which is in datus that 90% of scam ICO start are being advertise in Facebook. This data is base on the customer support complain desk in facebook. This action is their precautionary measure against this scenario. SO basically it's the sake of the betterment. But that doesn't mean that Facebook hates Bitcoin tbh.
kramchers

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:36:10 PM

No more paid advertisement related to ICO of alternative coins, this is not the same as you are saying, and as i heard and read before Facebook is open with bitcoin payment on their platform and i think it is still ongoing and Facebook is studying the possibility of this.
novocaine

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:38:36 PM

Yes becouse to prevent newcoming scam-schemes like Ponzis due to the fact that Facebook is the largest social community in the world they really would to stop this incremental statistics very bad for the community.
But you can still talk on groups to Cryptos related threads and ICOs but no advertise anymore via paid ads.

I think is a good idea to really stop to promote scam advertising to fool people, everyday we see this in a lot of groups or forums and its very bad...

Hope will others social networks will do the same to prevent others bad situations

raymondspeaks

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:05:53 PM

My newsfeed is full of ICOs. In fact I've had a few gems in the making land on my lap because of Facebook advertising. I think either it's something to do with the legislation in your country or the information you have been given is false

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:09:00 PM

They're kind of right to do that. As once there is regulation at place, they will surely support ICOs again. They're very strict when it comes to promo of any kind of financial services, asking you for licenses etc. It make perfect sense to me and can help genuine projects
I do not think that. Facebook only blocks ads for ICO projects, this could be a move by Facebook to not involve the laws of countries that have laws prohibiting ICO investment and cryptocurrency. Besides, Facebook is researching crypto for their own and I'm looking forward to what it will do.

Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:16:52 PM

Facebook just follow their rules and to avoid scams who enter in ther websites.Many scams now are made and they are still studying crypto so that they cannot advertise digital currency now because they are the largest social media worldwide so they are carefully choose to promote.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: