Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Bitmine CoinCraft A1 28nm chip distribution / DIY support  (Read 81191 times)
silver71

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:06:10 AM

nice job!
could you show assembled board? both sides? would be interesting to see your cooling solution.

I taked picture before sending command to A1.
(It can't be running without heat-sink.)

I attached 55mm fan(with heat-sink assembly) to the bottom of PCB and attached to 50mm Heat-sink top side of asic( using 3M cooling pad. )

I consider Peltier cooling for this summer.

And where would you find 12x12 mm peltier ? Though 15x15 mm exists... Beware of condensation !

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:22:48 AM

--
Beware to keep temperatures above dew point:)

zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:59:56 PM

nice job!
could you show assembled board? both sides? would be interesting to see your cooling solution.

I attached 55mm fan(with heat-sink assembly) to the bottom of PCB and attached to 50mm Heat-sink top side of asic( using 3M cooling pad. )

whats the cost on the pcb and how many chips will it take alltogether?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:56:21 PM

nice job!

whats the cost on the pcb and how many chips will it take alltogether?
Are you blind dude?
Can you count?
It can take two chips. Get a quote from PCB factory

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:20:12 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 04:34:16 PM by silver71

Another issue with hashing speed boost might be something we haven't previously thought about, and that is actually Raspberry Pi's FTDI, SPI and wrappers whose quality might influence operations with data Rx/Tx between NETWORK<< >> RPI<< >>BOARDS<< >>CHIPS.

Depends in most cases weather RPI parts are original or clone/fork.

See this russian test :

http://zeptobars.ru/en/read/FTDI-FT232RL-real-vs-fake-supereal

This article for which I posted link above, is a synthesis of one important dogma in PCB production.

And it comes out to this : IT IS OF NO MINOR IMPORTANCE FROM WHOM YOUR PCB MANUFACTURER ORDERS PARTS AND ARE THEY REAL OR FAKE; GOOD OR JUST GOOD-ENOUGH. Few cents could cost you thousands in debugging time...
...so the cheapest is not always the smartest choice.

Resume from the article :
"It seems that in this case Chinese designers implemented protocol-compatible "fake" chip, using mask-programmable microcontroller. This way they only needed to redo 1 mask - this is much cheaper than full mask set, and explains a lot of redundant pads on the die. Fake chip was working kinda fine until FTDI released drivers update, which were able to detect fake chips via USB and send only 0's in this case. It was impossible to foresee any possible further driver checks without full schematic recovery and these hidden tricks saved FTDI profits.

What's the economic reason of making software fake of well-known chip instead of making new one under your own name? This way they don't need to buy USB VID, sign drivers in Microsoft, no expenses on advertisement. This fake chip will be used right away in numerous mass-manufactured products. New chip will require designing new products (or revisions) - so sales ramp up will happen only 2-3 years later. Die manufacturing cost is roughly the same for both dies (~10-15 cents) .

From now on one should pay more and more attention when working with small shady distributors. Their slightly lower price could cause numerous hours of debugging fun."

This article above, covers 500/600-800 nm DIE and 68/123/143 µm SRAM 2
technology, but the same principle in COMPONENT CHOICE(S) have to be applied to this DIY ASIC PCB and 118 components which goes on it as well as components on power-train (PCI-E power bars), Raspberry Pi, and not to forget - POWER SUPPLY (SUPPLIES).

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:25:43 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 09:11:44 AM by Bicknellski

The initial bring up 2 Chip Wasp A1 in hand... pick and place and re-flow ongoing. Room for 4 chips... 6 unlikely.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
giorgiomassa

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:44:59 AM

The initial bring up 2 Chip Wasp A1 in hand... pick and place and re-flow ongoing. Room for 4 chips... 6 unlikely.

Wow good work guys!!
end18

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:24:24 PM

http://thumb1.photo.ndrive.naver.com/12466325518?type=m3&setidc=2&filelink=yfTmbvStTJqzcRbH2MfRorLctZzh5CYXzrBXVQnCTp7GYMsDdY39QL7tPvicDbfACA==&authtoken=vmXj1+V/HENT4jAODAk29gI=

Anyone need reference board PCB?

I'm selling reference board PCB with stencil.

Here is my site.

http://theminingware.com/
silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:28:14 PM

Here is my site.

This board has a granted public licence on github for 2-chip PCB, so what are you selling then ?

You're selling produced boards or what ?

24 USD per board ? Assembled, without A1 chips or just board and nothing else ?

drinkmorecoffee

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:22:06 AM

I get if you're not including the actual A1's, but a DIY kit should include everything someone needs to assemble the device.  That is, the PCB and stencil are great, but it should include all the SMD components as well.  A "platinum" kit or something could also be made available which includes the A1.  I'm okay with paying a bit more for all the work you put into producing the kit and sourcing the components, but I can't justify $300 for nothing but PCB's and a stencil.  Even if that's a legit cost (I don't want to accuse you of unfair pricing), it's still too much for me to drop on a "kit" that doesn't include everything I'd need to do the job.
gcube1305

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:50:14 AM

Here is my site.

I get if you're not including the actual A1's, but a DIY kit should include everything someone needs to assemble the device.  That is, the PCB and stencil are great, but it should include all the SMD components as well.  A "platinum" kit or something could also be made available which includes the A1.  I'm okay with paying a bit more for all the work you put into producing the kit and sourcing the components, but I can't justify $300 for nothing but PCB's and a stencil.  Even if that's a legit cost (I don't want to accuse you of unfair pricing), it's still too much for me to drop on a "kit" that doesn't include everything I'd need to do the job.

+1
end18

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:24:53 PM

This board has a granted public licence on github for 2-chip PCB, so what are you selling then ?

I checked license for selling.

I'm hust selling PCB and stencil for DIY guys.

24USD per board is chipper than sample PCB making in my country.

It you need many PCB, you need to order it to PCB factory.

But if you need just 5~10 PCB with Stencil, you can save time and money by my item.
silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:38:00 PM

Here is my site.

But if you need just 5~10 PCB with Stencil, you can save time and money by my item.

You still didn't answer what are you selling :

a) NAKED PCB
b) ASSEMBLED PCB
c) ASSEMBLED PCB WITH A1 CHIPS

end18

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:48:02 PM

a) NAKED PCB
b) ASSEMBLED PCB

answer is A. :-)

you need SMD components.

I'm selling $24 per board. ( b and c are impossible in this price. )
silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:50:20 PM

Here is my site.

a) NAKED PCB
b) ASSEMBLED PCB

you need SMD components.

Why would someone pay 24 USD for bare board from KOREA, when public design is published and transport costs more then it's production ?

If you could scale up assembly price to 24, that would mean something, this way it's a rip-off...

end18

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

a) NAKED PCB
b) ASSEMBLED PCB

you need SMD components.

Why would someone pay 24 USD for bare board from KOREA, when public design is published and transport costs more then it's production ?

If you could scale up assembly price to 24, that would mean something, this way it's a rip-off...

Oh, I don't known your PCB maker's sample PCB production fee.

But in my case, I ordered this PCB before,  ( 8pc sample production 4 day deliver ) is was $200. ( $25 per board ).

If you need small quantity (5~10), It almost same price with sample production.

You don't need to wait production time.

If you want over 10 pc,  you just make your order and wait over a week for production.

I just think someone need this PCB with stencil for small DIY. (It is not a mass production price.)
end18

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:33:29 PM

I see.

You want complete kit.

I only have 10 set of components for me. ( It was $1330 for 10 set. including shipping fee & customs VAT, I order from Digi-key, mouser, LTC)

It will be $357 per board. ( 1 PCB + set of components + 2 A1 chip )
silver71

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

Here is my site.

I see.

You want complete kit.

I only have 10 set of components for me. ( It was $1330 for 10 set. including shipping fee & customs VAT, I order from Digi-key, mouser, LTC)

You are too expensive, maybe it's time to think about some other PCB facility to make you boards and kits ?

Do you need any recomendation ?

end18

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:58:07 PM

I see.

You want complete kit.

You are too expensive, maybe it's time to think about some other PCB facility to make you boards and kits ?

Do you need any recomendation ?

OK, what's proper price per board do you think.
end18

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:18:24 PM

I changed the price $6 per board.

Instead adding shipping fee ( EMS shipping )

My material cost of PCB is $5 and Stencil is $85

And selling it with $6 / $90 each.

Is this fair price?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: