Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:48:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6085 times)
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:36:00 PM

This is why people are so in haste to get their ROI. ICO's are repeated. They are all the same by now. It will be like ETH or BTC or LTC. They all just make it like that. It will be better if it is a decentralized trading website or a token for a good service like shopping. But they dont go that way cause it is risky and they want the money. Who doesn't?

They are banned in social media because of that also. Investors are being confused and they dont know they are stepping at a fake one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fivefingers

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:40:09 PM

Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

What does it mean to buy pre-ICO? Isn't ICO the first release or salfe of the tokens? Newbie here, and hoping for your kind understanding.
RemBlanc

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:45:11 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

I am new here in this site and I am learning a lot about bitcoin, altcoins and cryptocurrency as a whole. I wonder what will become of it in the next few months if people would start quitting ICO's or even quitting Crypto currencies at all.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:49:19 PM

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

What does it mean to buy pre-ICO? Isn't ICO the first release or salfe of the tokens? Newbie here, and hoping for your kind understanding.

Pre-ICO is before the actually sale when you can get more tokens for cheaper.
Marnihughes82

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:57:57 AM

To be honest, it's hard to make a big profit from the ICO. Requires careful selection of good ICO, potential and most importantly good luck again
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:15:52 AM

To be honest, it's hard to make a big profit from the ICO. Requires careful selection of good ICO, potential and most importantly good luck again

Of course, luck one major factor we need to consider but some times it depend on choosing any ICO because if we fail to choose the right ICO, we cannot make much profits. So it depends on choosing the right coin.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:22:44 AM

You are the one who has the money, of course all decisions depend on you, but for me ICO is a good and profitable thing so I will continue to join and invest ICO, of course the most important thing is selectively choose ICO.
Yoshinoya

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:06:52 AM

I think ICO is a good and profitable thing so I like to continue participate and invest ICO.
But we also need to careful because there so many scam, so we need searching about road map and and read the white paper before we join ICOs.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:35:23 AM

All of the ICO project are very popular in the past year, many people have made a lot of money in the past year, but this year I attended several ICO basically on the break, I consider whether attend the ICO recently, because of too difficult to find a good project.
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:37:51 AM

I think ICO is a good and profitable thing so I like to continue participate and invest ICO.
But we also need to careful because there so many scam, so we need searching about road map and and read the white paper before we join ICOs.
I agree that there are still many profitable and potential ICOs to make money grow faster, the important thing is we have to make sure the ICO has a high rating so that it is likely to reach hardcap and success.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

peninglalat

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:53:18 AM

no pain for gain a profit. surely it was like a gamble but if you pick a good icos you will sure to hit a jackpot. at the moment of the market still low I think most of icos will falling down. there was no guarantees at all if we always hope icos are will going to the moon.
Dhimas Kanjeng

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:42:58 AM

Many people are thinking and traumatized by joining ICO and getting scam, but I have to tell you all that there are still many legit and profitable ICOs so you have to choose a potential ICO.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     COVEX  |  One Stop Trading Platform      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|  |  |  |  Fast & Reliable  |  Real Time  |  Secure  |  Sharing Fees  |  |  |  |
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook     ██  PRE-ICO: MAY 12TH  ██     Twitter  Reddit  Medium
psycox

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:48:48 AM

some people have been out of ico because peacocks no longer believe in ico. they have a lot of memap that it is just a scam and also many issues against ico
popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:57:15 PM

it's kind of a gamble, Sometimes you loose and sometimes you win, this investment is risky. now There are many ICO's and most dependent when they complete the sale. Sometimes people just buy and sell without researching what will happen next, not taking into account the bad things will happen.

Bro, if you spend much time to learn everything about upcoming ICOs, when you read their whitepapers, and get the information about the team, it will be not gambling.
DustanPorter

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:08:18 PM

At this stage, almost all ICO are in minus, even the effect ai, not to mention the ordinary. Now is the time of stagnation for everything.
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:15:57 PM

[/quote
All i know ICO's are good, they are potential to bring millions of profit, But bad news some of the ICO's sprouting are scam. Some are always promising but when the time comes, Nothing happens, They don't even bring integrity to their promises,
Gery_jerry

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:35:24 PM

.I have seen this market is already crowded when it comes to projects which I do saw that they are just purely copying to each others idea as long they do able to represent something on the public that will able to make some funding but not totally minding on the total essence of a certain project this is why as an investor we should really be keen on everything.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

Very true. Most of your points are valid but remember that there are always good nuts in every bad nuts. There are ICOs that have very good prices even after main sales. But it seems the trend is changing now. It isn't any ICO that can make it. Some have even extended their sales for over  months. Investors are getting vigilant so I think things are getting better
CheraFaye

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:04:57 PM

Yes, your point of view is correct, I think 2018 ICO prices are falling, which found no ICO price is rising, perhaps because of the encryption market is very weak.

But I'm not going to give up ICO, I still invest in ICO.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:26:46 PM

personally i am prefer buy coins/token in market.following ico with some discount is not guarantee for us to get profit.usually price dumped by some people that hodl much tokens.it can be from bounty hunter or investor that join at private sale session.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: