Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:20:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6083 times)
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:32:14 AM

Before investing in ICO, projects need to be carefully analysed. It is advisable to communicate with the organizers and developers to ask them questions and make sure that it is not a scam.
well, but lately, it all depends on the dev, whether they will work on the project seriously or not. well, but I think, now everything is getting better. I hope the people who leave ICO will come back again.

Due to many scam ICO many people have stooped invested in ICO. Also i have experienced that in all the ICO, the price of coins tends to decrease the ICO price when the coin come to exchange. So there is no point buying a coin at higher price in ICO.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:52:30 AM

Before investing in ICO, projects need to be carefully analysed. It is advisable to communicate with the organizers and developers to ask them questions and make sure that it is not a scam.
well, but lately, it all depends on the dev, whether they will work on the project seriously or not. well, but I think, now everything is getting better. I hope the people who leave ICO will come back again.

Due to many scam ICO many people have stooped invested in ICO. Also i have experienced that in all the ICO, the price of coins tends to decrease the ICO price when the coin come to exchange. So there is no point buying a coin at higher price in ICO.
they scared if they suffering loss again.many unusefull ico .most of them now just want to collect money and their product could not adopted in future.

sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:29:46 AM

many bounty hunter do 'when lambo' and its disturb the other member. they have high expectation for their advantage, thats earn much money. damaging some token value to make profit is bad idea. at least, investor got loss.
many investor quit to be investor because its not like past that have high percentage make profit as long as you know the right

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Kurevazeyo

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:00:53 PM

Many ico have die and any investor lost their money with ICO project investment, many time I got ico have scam with thousand reason, some ico scam because lower interesting or investor and many ico scam by fake and untrusted of ico owner.
Because many ICOs are scam, making fears that their hard work is not paid. The reasons are various, but the end is fraud. There is statistical data from Tokentops which states that most ICOs have become SCAMs and confirmed failed. The reason that often occurs is that the ICO offers the lure of ROI (Return of Investment) with a level that is too high.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:14:45 PM

I feel the same with you about ICO, because I also stopped attending ICO, but the reason I was different from you, I stopped because I wrongly chose ICO, so I lost a lot of money, since then I stopped attending ICO.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:12:58 PM

That's the harsh reality of ICO's some of them may succeed and some may fail. Its even more bad if we invested in a shilled ICO's without our knowledge or without knowing what product they will offer, Its always investors due diligence. In a year potential ICO's can be counted in fingers, so its  better to study them very well. Unlike the past year some ICO's now are matured and glad that regulators are here to watch them before they take off.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:40:53 PM

If we want that people should return to ICO and invest in ICO, then there need for a regulation for ICO to be implemented. Once people know that ICO will not scam, many people will again start investing in them.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:31:46 PM

Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
I think that those who invested this year in ICO projects or participated in ICO bounty campaigns have earned almost nothing, and maybe they have suffered losses. This year was a very unfortunate year both for ICO and for bounty hunters. Of course, individuals may be more fortunate, but I think that this is rather an exception to the general rule.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:01:51 PM

many ico failed this year and I don't think they should be able to enter easily in this forum from the start, I see that there must be terms and conditions that are not too easy for media promotion, this forum is also very necessary to do so. investors are very confused because there are too many ico with similar projects and some of them even intend to cheat, this is the strong impact of the emergence of being too free so that the quality of sales is greatly reduced.
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:03:42 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
It is good that you realized problems with investing in ICOs in time. Coins and tokens usually lose their value after ICO this year when they reach exchanges, so you probably made good decision. But there always will be gems which we should look for. For example, in September UBEX ICO was great opportunity for fast 3x, 4x and even 5x on your investment if you sell at right time, but after initial hype value UBEX token declined 40% from its ICO phase price.

BTC
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:20:07 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
Actually I am not a vivid supporter of ICOs because aside from the risk, I have no enough capital to pay for this project. I am really contented to join bounty and signature campaign here because it does not need money for capital and then I have learn so much from this kind of task.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:09:37 AM

many ico failed this year and I don't think they should be able to enter easily in this forum from the start, I see that there must be terms and conditions that are not too easy for media promotion, this forum is also very necessary to do so. investors are very confused because there are too many ico with similar projects and some of them even intend to cheat, this is the strong impact of the emergence of being too free so that the quality of sales is greatly reduced.
Day after day, month after month I become increasingly convinced that ipo is better than ico. Many team projects are wanting to get some money for themselves in ICO, they even want to reward themselves with some big percentage of their tokens. This is very spoiled.
Thats why we see that the current amount of funds needed of some ICOs are much much bigger than before early projects like Ethereum.
OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:24:49 AM

Many ICO have scam and many owner run away after their ICO success its why you have left and quick from ICO investment project, many regulation after ICO success by the owner and always delay for listing their coin at the exchange market.
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 05:50:56 AM

after a certain time I think that ICO be a lottery, even with ranked, information, whitepaper, good design..., even so it could be a scam and you lose all your money, ICOs are destroying a part of the crypto community, but soon I hope have a solution for these thieves disguised as projects!
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:19:15 AM

Everybody is in here bashing ICOs, maybe they should look at the statistics. By Q2 this year ICOs had already eclipsed the funding seen throughout 2017. There is actually MORE money being invested in ICOs overall this year, of course the amount per ICO is lower due to the sheer number of ICOs, but we can hardly say that ICOs are dead, as that's obviously not true.

In some other point of view was true and correct. Particularly, ico this year really became not good to anyone in this field of industry. it is totally the scam ico arise, although I am not saying that all ico is scam of course not. Due to I still do believed that there is still ico out there were I could say its a legit one. But if anyone will continue to bash ico better for them to get out of here, besides they are not force to stay here for a long time.
Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:02:10 AM

Exiting the ICO investment is very correct. Now ICO has become the grave of everyone. Only a few ICO projects can make investors make money, and many projects will make investors bankrupt. So leaving the ICO is wise.

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:27:26 AM

ICO in my opinion is not profitable for now if you are looking for a fast return of your money those times are gone wherein after ico theres a 5x-10x profit when listed but with so many shit ICOs and shit projects happening everyday which totally killed the market and many investors lost money on it, if the price  after listing on exchanges will be regulated theres still hope in ICOs but for now ICO is dead. 

trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:58:37 AM

I completely support you, we can’t trust any ICO anymore, because there are too many reasons why we can’t do this and once you have indicated many of them, now fewer and fewer people trust in any ICO because they are just beginning to delve into this sphere. I believe that when the cryptocurrency will start to be regulated by the governments, then all ICOs will be official and then ICOs will probably gain great popularity again.
viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:51:26 PM

after a certain time I think that ICO be a lottery, even with ranked, information, whitepaper, good design..., even so it could be a scam and you lose all your money, ICOs are destroying a part of the crypto community, but soon I hope have a solution for these thieves disguised as projects!
so this why we need regulation to ICO's too.only real project that could run ICO in cryptocurrency market.at this moment too many ico that actually useless for us.

jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

• massive hardcaps

As per the research report i read on LinkedIn someone posted it few months ago he mentioned that 85% icos are just for raising money and they don't have potential product for future development and for benefits for stakeholders.. one more thing most of ICOs do not able to give any profit from investment. that's why I don't want to invest in any of ICO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: