Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:28:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6085 times)
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:52:53 PM

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Got me with this one LOL.

Beside from that admin would reply sometimes when asked about the projects progress with countless "engaging with possible tie ups"

Numerous "new projects" has been promising but none I have encountered with success yet. Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:14:40 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Some people think to quitting ICO because their are a lot ICO are not legit. They are scared to invest their money for the reason they don't want to lose their money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:20:23 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 01:56:10 AM by solkinsolali

I wouldn't actually encourage anybody to quit ICO as it remain the strength of new coins. Come to think of it, if we all decide to quit the ICOs, how will new projects emerge and survive?
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:21:53 AM

ICO campaign is a big help to those companies endorsing new products of the company. Without it, it would be very hard for them to advertise. So for bounty hunters, we are great help for them and we are being paid for. The only problem is ni matter how serious we are doing our job, we don't realized that we were trapped by scammers all around. But i will not generalized it because there are still more ICO that pays. We only have to wait. I will not quit but i will pursue no matter what.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:17:12 AM

Unfortunately, many ICOs do nothing except disappointment. It is very difficult to find a truly successful ICO.

That is the reason they are ICO, they are still offering the coins and no one can ensure a good project that easily since there are a lot of great ICOs with them and investors will be having a hard tine to choose where to invest.

Another problem for me on these projects is that you can't pick a great one since it is hard to choose the legitimate project to the scam project. There are a lot of scam projects out there and investors should really be careful about them. The worst thing is the beginners that don't know how to pick the scams from the legit, they are the one whose being the victims by this scammers.
turtletime

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:24:21 AM

I'm sure there will still be a few hidden gems out there that will go 100x=1000x , but the majority will fail which makes investing in ICOs extremely risk.  High risk = High reward
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:54:43 AM

ICO campaign is a big help to those companies endorsing new products of the company. Without it, it would be very hard for them to advertise. So for bounty hunters, we are great help for them and we are being paid for. The only problem is ni matter how serious we are doing our job, we don't realized that we were trapped by scammers all around. But i will not generalized it because there are still more ICO that pays. We only have to wait. I will not quit but i will pursue no matter what.

There is still a lot of legit ICO who really pays a good amount of token. However, if you don't have an idea how to differentiate between legit ICO and Scam ICO, then that's the time you'll be having a problem after the ICO ends. I will not also quit in ICO because this is my only way I can earn huge profit. Because of ICO, a lot of things have changed in my life, especially in terms of financial aspect.
ronics

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:09:16 AM

Have you made any income from your investments in an ICO? If you just invested in last month in December, it would be very easy to say if a coin would work or not. We really need to help with the improvement of a community, it is better to make sure the coins are really listed in many changes and are also very difficult to work so little care.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:27:49 AM

the best ico in last year if compared than 2018.
a lot of ico make people 'rich', every member can join, you can make shit and burst post, fast moving to market, more and more.
this is crypto, sometime it easy sometime its difficult. many people still hope and try for many ico.
every person have different idea. maybe you can try on trading or mining
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:39:49 AM

Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
Yeah same with mine also I am indeed would like to invest in an ICO as it could moves faster and higher compared to those established cypto in the market. And for one to be successful then definitely you should not work on your own. I have my friends that could also help me to get good ICO and they are also after with our suggestions like we were able to achieve through teamwork.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:07:25 AM

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
Yeah same with mine also I am indeed would like to invest in an ICO as it could moves faster and higher compared to those established cypto in the market. And for one to be successful then definitely you should not work on your own. I have my friends that could also help me to get good ICO and they are also after with our suggestions like we were able to achieve through teamwork.

thats good for the both you because you arent afraid of the risk that ico can give .

in my case , im totally opposite because im scared of the ico's ever since i got scammed by them . now im only sticking out on some trusted cryptos such as bitcoin and etherium because i dont wanna loose my hard earned money .

i  have a good plans for them and that is to grow them gradually as much as possible so that i can use them to improve my life and to give my family a good and brighter future .
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 07:07:54 AM

I would also add, before ICOs were invented, the number of startups actually ending up doing something disruptive or "making it" were very slim.

Now with ICOs is the same, even if they are using a promising new technology like blockchain, so don't be fooled.

nokat

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:23:51 AM

With the quitting of ICO's,I came to a final judgement that most of them are scam and it pains me getting an interest to invest in one particular ico I trusted and at the end was declared as scam.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
geberger

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:32:25 AM

ICO was a way to get nearly free money but the times have changed, yes, for me it is obvious that they doesn't work well now, their era is coming to an end probably.
Ico are great plat form if you want to make more money i my self  taking part in ICO to make more money.
jjohnathn

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:35:34 AM

ICO was a way to get nearly free money but the times have changed, yes, for me it is obvious that they doesn't work well now, their era is coming to an end probably.
Anyways You should not quite the ICO job just get some reviews before putting your invest if people gives you positive reviews invest it because only risk can gives you profit.
blackbold

Activity: 384

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:03:57 AM

are you not afraid of ICO projects which are scams and getting failures, I experienced a lot of failures even though I followed the pre-ICO phase, which made me stop to join the ICO
promich21

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:45:09 AM

I know mostly ICO are scam but if you have experience and knowledge you can get some info about that ICO. I caught many fake ICO with my experience.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:13:34 AM

Well to be honest, I've seen alot of ICOs that perform very well in the market. I've even invested on some. I have to admit there were some hit and miss but overall the returns are great. You just have to read about the ICO snd rrally learn the coin itself and not just gun ho yourself into the ICO and whine about it when you lost.

jjohnathn

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:26:45 AM

I don't care for ICO from the begin, I think a ton of undesirable investment, however I like cash, I be normal seekers and furthermore set up the base price after ICO showcase , and offer it when costs take off.
jimskiy

Activity: 574

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:44:28 AM

You can talk all of ico is scam and you have quite from ico project, just few and small of ico have running so far is scam, many ico was success and have profitable for investment. we can’t say all of ico are scam and have leave for ico project.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: