Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private  (Read 45768 times)
ingo49

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:38:33 AM

i wonder what will be moneroV price
it future will probably be like bitcoinggold

I guess you cannot really know, but why bitcoin gold?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
majika

Activity: 64
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:51:43 PM

How does a dynamic block size work without tail emission? (spoiler: it doesn't)

I won't even bother to claim my MoneroV.

Exactly!!..

As for XMV whitepaper its just a copy of cryptonote.org.. XMV has simply proposed a couple of changes to the XMR parameters.
Regarding their cap on supply is a technicality, something of which can easily be addressed with future XMR core changes, if consensus is there!
IMHO, all these forks starting with BTG has done nothing beneficial for the crypto ecosystem but dilute the original forked projects AND to confuse potential investors..
As was once said to me. Take a shit or get off the pottie! Another words.. do something new/radical/on the bleeding edge or not at all.. Dont fuck with something good. 

From what I have seen/read thus far there is nothing radically different about this project!

Heres Monero (XMR) Technical Specs [https://getmonero.org/technical-specs/] Vs MoneroV (XMV) "Proposed" Tech Specs.  Spot the difference.?

XMV:- Total Supply - Capped at 256 Million XMV (Of which about ~5.85% in a coinbase transaction for active development).
XMR:- Total Supply - Uncapped - infinite - then, tail curve: 0.6 XMR per 2-minute block, kicks in once main emission is done, translates to <1% inflation decreasing over time!!
XMR:- Community driven Bounty award fund.! Development - Ongoing/Active..!

XMV:- Proof of Work - CryptoNight (to be modified)
XMR:- Proof of Work - CryptoNight (may change in the future)

XMV:- Difficulty Retarget - Every block. Adjusted difficulty initially after the split.
XMR:- Difficulty retarget: Every block - based on the last 720 blocks, excluding 20% of the timestamp outliers

XMV:- Block Time - Every 2 minutes.  (Same as XMR)
XMR:- Every 2 minutes.  (Same as XMR)may change in the future as long as emission curve is preserved

XMV:- Block Reward - Smooth decrease. Minimum of 6 XMV per block at 184,467,440 XMV in total emission until 256M max supply reach.
XMR:- may change in the future as long as emission curve is preserved -  tail curve: 0.6 XMR per 2-minute block, kicks in once main emission is done, translates to <1% inflation decreasing over time!!

XMV:- Block Size - Dynamic.
XMR:- Block Size - Dynamic, maximum of 2 * M100

XMV:- Privacy - Ring signature / stealth addresses.
XMR:- Sender privacy - Ring signatures | Recipient privacy - Stealth addresses | Amount obfuscation - Ring confidential transactions (Mixer)

XMR > XMV swap will be trackable/Traceable. Read for insight - [https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/]

The general thinking & words from around the campfire is as follows:- Free XMV coins to dump and buy other alts.. BUT what do I know Wink
ingo49

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:32:08 PM

Many new accounts here are defending monero for some reason.
At last we are seeing a fork that actually moves the needle with regards to improving the forked coin.
Cavali7

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:01:16 PM

How can I get an amount of Monero or new MoneroV without having large sums of money to invest?
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:19:44 PM

How can I get an amount of Monero or new MoneroV without having large sums of money to invest?

Ah, the question of the ages.   Cheesy

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
ingo49

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:23:34 PM

By the way, in addition to the recent runs of xmr in charts, a lot more mainstream media talking about the fork!

https://www.investopedia.com/news/monero-tops-350-ahead-fork/

This rise is great for monerov (and monero  Grin ) !
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:27:22 PM

What do you all think of this?

This is the linked article in the post - https://medium.com/@tweetingpauls/beware-of-non-native-forks-of-monero-6f5a0bf1fccf

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Mine24-7

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:36:23 PM

This is the linked article in the post - https://medium.com/@tweetingpauls/beware-of-non-native-forks-of-monero-6f5a0bf1fccf

As long as you move your XMR to a new wallet AFTER the fork, but BEFORE you claim, your XMR is perfectly safe.

This is the first thing you learn about when claiming forks. If you don't know this simple fact, you shouldn't be claiming any fork of any coin.
bestcryptoexistence

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:37:05 PM

This fork is going to send the cost of XMR to heavens!
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:39:03 PM

As long as you move your XMR to a new wallet AFTER the fork, but BEFORE you claim, your XMR is perfectly safe.

This is the first thing you learn about when claiming forks. If you don't know this simple fact, you shouldn't be claiming any fork of any coin.

That's not what I was talking about, I know that thank you. I was talking about the part of the US gov't trying to de-anon the currency?

Thanks

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Mine24-7

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

That's not what I was talking about, I know that thank you. I was talking about the part of the US gov't trying to de-anon the currency?

Thanks
Oh... OK...
The "large amount of private keys allows the recipient of those keys to deconstruct large portions of the XMR chain." part of this post is above my pay grade, but it sounds like total BS to me.

First of all..... How are "large portions" of XMR going to be sent to a single recipient??? I'm going to move my XMR from my old wallet to a new wallet, and I can only assume most people would do the same. There's one thing for sure, "large portions" of people aren't going to send their XMR to a single recipient!!! This makes NO sense.... They would be giving away their XMR.

I guess, maybe, a large number of people might send their XMR to their favorite exchange, claim their XMV from their old wallet, then withdrawal their XMR to a new wallet... But this would spread out the deposits to MANY exchanges, not a single recipient.

Yep.... Sounds like orchestrated FUD to me.
ingo49

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:18:51 PM

LOL if it's the NSA plan i'm bullish tbh - long term hold.
But, it's not the case imho, still will hold.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:33:36 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 08:50:29 PM by owlcatz

Who exactly are the devs of this project? Is the source really closed? I'm not here to Fud, these are real questions. Huh

Funny.. I asked the same exact questions on Telegram and I got kicked. Red flags people, lots of them....  Roll Eyes

I also think whoever came up with this coin name is a fucking retard.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Mine24-7

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:08:16 PM

Who exactly are the devs of this project? Is the source really closed? I'm not here to Fud, these are real questions. Huh
Funny.. I asked the same exact questions on Telegram and I got kicked. Red flags people, lots of them....  Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I didn't mean YOU were spreading FUD. I meant the Medium post was spreading FUD.

There are anonymous Dev's in Bitcoin. As long as there is a lot of peer review of the code, being anonymous isn't a problem.

The Closed Source aspect is a problem. At some point, they'll have to switch to Open Source. There are coins that started off Closed and switched to Open later.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:13:14 PM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I didn't mean YOU were spreading FUD. I meant the Medium post was spreading FUD.

There are anonymous Dev's in Bitcoin. As long as there is a lot of peer review of the code, being anonymous isn't a problem.

The Closed Source aspect is a problem. At some point, they'll have to switch to Open Source. There are coins that started off Closed and switched to Open later.

I'd say it's worse than that - You should not be kicked & banned from a telegram channel for just asking basic questions.  I was told they could not release the source until after the fork due to "dependencies"  .... I call bullshit on that. The wallet is out, right? Where is the source for it?  I wasn't even being an asshole. Anyhow, I think this project is just some kind of scam, so I'll be watching it closely. As for all my XMRV, if I even claim them I will just dump them as shit coins. Roll Eyes

Edit: At least this thread is not moderated, that's about the only sign I see of this NOT being scammy so far.  Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
ingo49

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:19:05 PM

I'd say it's worse than that - You should not be kicked & banned from a telegram channel for just

LOL. I saw you calling an admin a retard just now. Also bombarded with questions they were trying to answer and gave you a full faq page.
Guess they are getting used to it already. 2.2k+ members.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:27:08 PM

I'd say it's worse than that - You should not be kicked & banned from a telegram channel for just

LOL. I saw you calling an admin a retard just now. Also bombarded with questions they were trying to answer and gave you a full faq page.
Guess they are getting used to it already. 2.2k+ members.

I asked a simple question, he gave me a retarded answer that did not make sense, so I simply asked him if he was retarded?  "Can't release source until fork because of dependencies" is really an answer from a Admin? And the wallet is already released? .... The number of silly money grubbing fools kills me sometimes....  Don't bother doing any research, it's all about the "profitz" ofc... Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
ingo49

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:41:39 PM

You clearly don't seem like the patient type. He replied you with more answers but you already 'burst' with cursing. By the way, naming ppl 'retards' ain't cool.
Besides, there is no wallet available so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Here's the answer he pointed out to you -

"The Monero and MoneroV private keys, and by extension the XMR & XMV coins of holders, are completely safe as long as the official MoneroV wallet is being used to claim the MoneroV coins. The wallet’s source code and all other dependencies will be published and open sourced before it is released in its downloadable form."
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:59:47 AM

For me, the key part of the linked article is: "...but MoneroV operators might obtain a significant amount of knowledge about the contents of the Monero blockchain through users giving MoneroV their private keys."

So, what I guess the author of the post is saying is that we have a MORAL responsibility to NOT help (those factions of the US - as implied above by owlcatz.  Where do you find anything about the US?) who are trying to break the anonymity of Monero and that outweighs the making of some (potential) free money.

And, by logical extension, that outweighs whatever IMMORAL activities may have been paid for with Monero.

Kind of reminds me of the old comedic line, "I got mine, now you get yours."

No, sorry, but in my mind, if a valid method exists that exposes vulnerabilities in a system, in this case, Monero via a fork - using standard fork methodologies, then it MUST be followed for the development of the future.  If that means that all are exposed in the past, too bad.  Those who put their TRUST in such a system are fools because they didn't see this coming.  It is more important to accept that this may be a problem for de-anonymizing Monero and plan for the future accordingly.

Implying that one must oppose on moral grounds is antithetical.

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
TalkBitcoinsCom

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:18:45 AM

Scary! After reading this makes me doubtful the security of this fork.  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: