Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:38:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin remain dominant  (Read 2660 times)
nuggetbram

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:26:15 AM

There is no competition yet for bitcoin all other coins are far ahead of bitcoin in terms of pricing, trading volume, and hype. I can say that this year and the next 2 years will still be owned by bitcoin but after that no one knows.
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:33:18 AM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.

Absolutely yes Bitcoin is still Dominant even if there's so many crypto would come up but still Bitcoin is the primary vote for all users regardless to many obstacle that  experienced of bitcoin price recently. but now try to visit the Site below. wow its amazing only one moth from the the price dump then continuously head away towards the higher level price. thanks god!

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btc/overview/USD

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:00:11 AM

If it becomes widely used, it will soon be in serious shortage.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:02:47 AM

I think yes because despite of what happened to bitcoin few weeks ago, it still showing us how dominant it is as its market price is pumping to the top again. No matter what happens, bitcoin will remain as the most dominant cryptos in the cryptoworld.

abhishek_bittu

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:19:09 AM

I think Bitcoin will remain the dominant cryptocurrency for a very long time.

People frequently ask, why won't Bitcoin end up like Yahoo or MySpace, supplanted by a better version that will come along in the future? There are 3 main reasons - the third is one that people often miss.

1. NETWORK EFFECTS are really powerful at scale. Bitcoin is now valued at over $150 B (more than Facebook’s IPO price). It's going to be very difficult to move all those users over to a new network. I.e. there have been better versions of Facebook created, but individuals want to be on the network that all their friends are on. MySpace wasn't actually all that big before Facebook came along, and didn't have a strong network effect yet.

2. BITCOIN IS NOT STATIC - it is constantly improving. Whenever a code change is proposed, if 90% of the miners support it, it gets implemented. In fact, only 15% of Bitcoin's current code base was written by Satoshi Nakamoto. So if an upstart comes along with a dramatic improvement to how Bitcoin works, with no tradeoffs - then Bitcoin can just incorporate that improvement before the upstart gets to scale. Or if there is disagreement, a faction can fork a version off of Bitcoin with that improvement. And as we've seen from the Bitcoin Cash fork, a fork off Bitcoin starts off much larger than any new cryptocurrency starting from scratch.

3. NO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IN CRYPTOCURRENCY (people often miss this). In crypto land, there is no IP - neither trade secrets nor patents. Every cryptocurrency HAS to make their entire code base public in order to earn the trust of new users, so they can't keep their improvement a secret. And on patents… well good luck suing a decentralized network for patent infringement. This is why Bitcoin won't end up like Yahoo. Google had a patent on their page rank algorithm, plus tons of trade secrets. Once it became clear that Google’s search engine was actually better, Yahoo was not able to copy them. Those protections don't exist in cryptocurrency.

So, based on this, I don't see how Bitcoin doesn't end up as the long term winner with >50% market share (and probably >80%). Bitcoin's network effects are already enormous, there is no possible IP protection for an upstart with a better version, and Bitcoin can easily incorporate any improvement. Even with the best execution, I don't see how an upstart can convince $150 B of capital to move over to their network before Bitcoin incorporates their improvements.

You could argue that Ethereum does so much more than Bitcoin. But Ethereum comes with major tradeoffs to its function as a currency. Ethereum is a great platform for decentralized applications - and that is its focus. To be that, it sacrifices security (due to its complexity), and then it also doesn't have a limited supply. I think Ethereum will continue to do well as a platform for decentralized applications, but because of its tradeoffs, it will never become the leading decentralized currency. I personally believe the killer app in decentralized blockchains is *currency,* so I therefore think that the winning pure currency will end up being far larger and more valuable than any other blockchain platform
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:50:24 AM

Bitcoin will continue to dominate the entire cryptocurrency world for some years before another coin overtake it. It will also remain to be the primary means of of exchange because of its popularity and majority of exchanges are using it buying altcoins. This dominance of bitcoin might face stiff challenges in the future from well known altcoin which has better features like utility and functionality.
TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:05:50 AM

Bitcoin will still be the most dominant coin for more years.
Its popularity increases with time and its improving, and because it is the based of most cryptocurrency exchanges. Every altcoins, are paired with bitcoin becomes its functionality. It is decentralized and many people believe in it.
joanshu

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:00:49 AM

There is no doubt on bitcoins being the most dominant cryptos as it has already proved it being the most powerful cryptocurrency in the world of digital currency and it will continue to stay the most dominating currency on the long run.So far there is no crypto created which can dominate bitcoins if you check out for yourself you can find out that bitcoins are the first digital currency which was created and which took over the digital world and still ruling the crypto world even though lot of cryptos came up after the launch of btc it still strive to be the most dominating currency and will continue to maintain its dominant position as it is the only currency which has more popularity than the rest cryptos which itself is a proof of being the dominating the digital world of investment.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:04:32 AM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.

Bitcoin will dominate the cryptocurrency world forever because once the last wave of btc is done then bitcoins will be more expensive since it was hard to mine bitcoins today because of the competition of miners. The best thing to do is hold your coins today to earn more profit in the future.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:12:57 AM

Bitcoin will ever remain the dominant coin in the cryptocurrencies world as long as digital and decentralized currency is concern, bitcoin is the founding father in the cryptocurrencies world so as that bitcoin is the foundation of digital currency. Bitcoin has no other coin competing with and take your time to study the movement of price in all other cryptocurrencies once there is a change in the price of bitcoin it automatically affect all other coin too.
Englebabylove

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:22:13 AM

I think bitcoin will always be king. Now there are some altcoins, and they're doing very well, well beyond bitcoin, but I don't think they can replace bitcoin. The status of bitcoin is not just about price, it is the belief of all latcoins, which other altcoins cannot do.
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:31:59 AM

I recommend that everyone invest in projects, check projects read his reviews and then just invest.
Babyboy423

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:43:12 AM

It depends on utility and functionality in the long run. Currently, ethereum is used as a contact enforcing tool which makes it good for escrow, betting and fund raising. Bitcoin Cash is fast and cheap, useful for currency and transaction purposes. Bitcoin is used as speculation and as a pairing to convert fiat to crypto and alts. However, Bitcoin cash is gaining momentum and merchant adoption, hence there is a very very high possibility it will be a new pairing standard to replace Bitcoin for fiat entry into crypto and alt. So it's will be interesting to see what holds for both coins in 2018.
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:56:01 AM

It depends on utility and functionality in the long run. Currently, ethereum is used as a contact enforcing tool which makes it good for escrow, betting and fund raising. Bitcoin Cash is fast and cheap, useful for currency and transaction purposes. Bitcoin is used as speculation and as a pairing to convert fiat to crypto and alts. However, Bitcoin cash is gaining momentum and merchant adoption, hence there is a very very high possibility it will be a new pairing standard to replace Bitcoin for fiat entry into crypto and alt. So it's will be interesting to see what holds for both coins in 2018.
I think in my own opinion. It will still be dominant than any other cryptocurrency because as we all can see, the price of bitcoin is really high than any other crypto and also the volume is higher than any other crypto. Yes, the price of bitcoin dumped but then I believe that it will fall into slowest price because it is normal. Bitcoin is volatile.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:13:18 AM

It is obvious the dominance of bitcoin will continue to increase being a new technology that enhances payment for goods and services, having a feature of digital currency and it's ability to bail out bad economy of some countries e.g Zimbabwe, Venezuela,  the decentralized feature of bitcoin has made it popularity to increase due it' s anonymous transactions
Tszone

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:37:48 AM

sure bitcoin will remain dominant, no other coin has the potential bitcoin has, that is why lots of investors keep investing in it regularly. it is the number one coin in the world. invest today
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:15:53 AM

I think bitcoin will retain its dominance over the other coins and tokens in terms of price and demand. As far as I know, bitcoins are still reigning nowadays and I hope it does for a long time. With a price trend still going up, I still can see that bitcoins will dominant for a few more decades.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
pat231

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:49:26 AM

Yes, it has all the possibilities. It grows well too.

Read the article for more >>>>> https://toughnickel.com/personal-finance/Will-Bitcoin-Be-The-Leading-Cryptocurrency-In-The-Long-Run

[ CENTRA ] Creating a World Connected to Cryptocurrency
▚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▞
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:54:32 AM

Yes of course no one would replace bitcoin.Its really dominant for all different ways which make myself so proud of.Even if many crypto coins now that exist but only bitcoin remains on the top list and you can see that in coinmarketcap list.Its very perspective that in the years past by we can conclude to ourself that crypto coins especially bitcoin will never been fade.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:17:36 AM

From what I see it. It could stay as the king as long as people keep supporting it and the technology behind it is always updated to the latest and not behind. There's a chance that a new coins would emerge and be more dominant in the future, but it would take some time for that to happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: