Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:50:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin remain dominant  (Read 2660 times)
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:52:02 PM

I don't see any coin surpassing Bitcoin for at least one year. But after that I can't say as there are many coins with ground breaking technology being developed currently. And Bitcoin needs to up it's game to stay the king and relevant in the crypto markets. There's only so much a first movers advantage can help, but to survive Bitcoin will have to constantly innovate.
Qeupe

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:55:24 PM

Maybe bitcoin will dominate other coins in a certain period of time I think. Not always bitcoin will dominate and be ranked one in rank. Other coins such as ETH have an ability that can almost compete with bitcoin, but to surpass it takes a while for ETH and not in the near future.
MadaraAvenger

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:57:20 PM

There is no doubt that bitcoin will remain in the top of the piramid as there is no other tech that can compete with bitcoin right now. For sure ethereum made a really smart move with smart contracts but I don't see the potential of these to overcome the bitcoin power.

techte7

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 09:23:29 PM

It would be quite hard to say what comes in the long term for anything including BTC. The coin itself and and the ideology of cryptocurrency itself has the opportunity to morph itself into many different levels and types of adaptation in our lives. Its possible efficiency alone over cash and bank transactions is enough to consider easily adoptable in our ever changing world. If it were created to be regulated, centralize and controlled, the ideology of it transformed into something else entirely, could it even then be called the same thing.

vanjava
Copper Member

Activity: 370
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:35:34 PM

I'm sure bitcoin still dominates in the long run and is still a popular amongst others. Because bitcoin is the first crypto to emerge and its price is unpredictable and very volatile.

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:41:39 PM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.
I think so, amidst the crisis being experienced by it right now, we can still see that bitcoin remains dominant. Another thing is that bitcoin is not the only one experiencing the fall, all the other coins do too so we can really say that bitcoin will remain dominant since when other coins recovers, bitcoin will also recover for sure too.

Yes Bitcoin has been always like that from the beginning, those people who are making speculations about the fall of bitcoin is just another normies who have nothing positive to say about the current market state, they just dont know what bitcoin really is and the value of it, Bitcoin has proven its value many times. Of course it will be always dominant.
keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:43:05 PM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.
In my own opinion bitcoin will continue to dominate crypto market as being the pioneer crypto currency it is wifely adopted by every merchants that accepting crypto payment. both short term and long term it will continue to show superiority.
boty

Activity: 1218
Merit: 236

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:53:32 PM

it seems that bitcoin is already dominant for all cryptocurrency coin they make bitcoin as price movement and benchmark. when bitcoin rises then altcoin will also rise and vice versa.

tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:33:08 PM

it seems that bitcoin is already dominant for all cryptocurrency coin they make bitcoin as price movement and benchmark. when bitcoin rises then altcoin will also rise and vice versa.

Yes that is definitely right, and I think that it will remain for a long time that the bitcoin is dominant as long as there is no better cyptocurrency will exist and replace bitcoin.

charlenedave

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:34:55 PM

Yes, I think Bitcoin will remain dominant because right now, there is no other cryptocurrency can beat it to the its place. Also, Bitcoin remains as the most popular one.

fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:43:58 PM

the possibility of bitcoin will become dominant if bitcoin is acceptable to all levels of society and endorsed by all countries as applicable currency

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
brylle34

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:45:12 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 09:16:16 PM by brylle34

Bitcoin is still dominating on digital currency and it will sure still be the king. we all know when bitcoin rise all altcoins and tokens are rising too, and when bitcoin drops it affects all digital currency

This is the 3 reasons.

1. NETWORK EFFECTS are really powerful at scale. Bitcoin is now valued at over $150 B (more than Facebook’s IPO price). It's going to be very difficult to move all those users over to a new network. I.e. there have been better versions of Facebook created, but individuals want to be on the network that all their friends are on. MySpace wasn't actually all that big before Facebook came along, and didn't have a strong network effect yet.

2. BITCOIN IS NOT STATIC - it is constantly improving. Whenever a code change is proposed, if 90% of the miners support it, it gets implemented. In fact, only 15% of Bitcoin's current code base was written by Satoshi Nakamoto. So if an upstart comes along with a dramatic improvement to how Bitcoin works, with no tradeoffs - then Bitcoin can just incorporate that improvement before the upstart gets to scale. Or if there is disagreement, a faction can fork a version off of Bitcoin with that improvement. And as we've seen from the Bitcoin Cash fork, a fork off Bitcoin starts off much larger than any new cryptocurrency starting from scratch.

3. NO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IN CRYPTOCURRENCY (people often miss this). In crypto land, there is no IP - neither trade secrets nor patents. Every cryptocurrency HAS to make their entire code base public in order to earn the trust of new users, so they can't keep their improvement a secret. And on patents… well good luck suing a decentralized network for patent infringement. This is why Bitcoin won't end up like Yahoo. Google had a patent on their page rank algorithm, plus tons of trade secrets. Once it became clear that Google’s search engine was actually better, Yahoo was not able to copy them. Those protections don't exist in cryptocurrency.

So, based on this, I don't see how Bitcoin doesn't end up as the long term winner with >50% market share (and probably >80%). Bitcoin's network effects are already enormous, there is no possible IP protection for an upstart with a better version, and Bitcoin can easily incorporate any improvement. Even with the best execution, I don't see how an upstart can convince $150 B of capital to move over to their network before Bitcoin incorporates their improvements.

You could argue that Ethereum does so much more than Bitcoin. But Ethereum comes with major tradeoffs to its function as a currency. Ethereum is a great platform for decentralized applications - and that is its focus. To be that, it sacrifices security (due to its complexity), and then it also doesn't have a limited supply. I think Ethereum will continue to do well as a platform for decentralized applications, but because of its tradeoffs, it will never become the leading decentralized currency. I personally believe the killer app in decentralized blockchains is *currency,* so I therefore think that the winning pure currency will end up being far larger and more valuable than any other blockchain platform.

credits to Peter Livingston
Moonbill

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:55:48 PM

Of course, I think bitcoin is a promising and stable money for everyone. With bitcoin technology, it is really safe and a good choice for everyone's future and true bitcoin. It is a good source of income for everyone.
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:17:11 AM

Well for the next 5 years my guess is it will. However, there will be new cryptocurrencies hitting the market and they will rise to the top (basically in terms of market capitalization) Obviously , there are many advanced and superior technologies (or cryptocurrencies) that are way ahead of bitcoins at the current time, so I am thinking that some of those will soon catch up! So technology wise and market capitalization wise there will be other coins/tokens taking the lead, however bitcoin will always be remembered as the first every cryptocurrency!
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:23:06 AM

For now, i can say yes because Bitcoin does not have any tight competition on the market although Ethereum appears to be its direct competitor. The gap between the market caps of Bitcoin and Ethereum is a very wide one which will take years for Ethereum to get close and even by that time, Bitcoin will be way ahead.
leoleobeck

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:11:32 AM

Definitely. Bitcoin would still dominate the market maybe 5-6 years from now depending on the circumstances of cryptocurrencies in general. I think bitcoin lacks alot, especially on security, and it has high transaction fees, and a very slow transaction, sooner or later bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency.
ChaChaiTL

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:52:58 AM

In the pre-digital world, bitcoin is a long-lived currency and is priced higher than ethereum or rippe. If supported by investors, perhaps bitcoin will be the main currency for them. We can freely invest in them
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:02:26 AM

I think bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin in short term. We don't know what will happen in the future so I don't think that it will remain dominant in long term. For now, no other currency beats bitcoin so I think it will still dominant in short term.
funkpod

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 02:04:14 AM

short term yes, long term no
blockchain technology is way bigger than bitcoin that one day it has to be independent of that
Dangdingdongbray

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:05:29 AM

Now these new coins into direct competitors bitcoin mwnjadikan [nvestor have more options to invest they want, but today until a few months or years to come, bitcoin will remain the number one as the first choice because it is still the most coins attractive to invest and become a popular virtual currency compared to other virtual currencies today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: