Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:08:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin remain dominant  (Read 2660 times)
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:51:10 AM

For me Bitcoin will remain the dominant cryptocurrency for a very long time.

People frequently ask, why won't Bitcoin end up like Yahoo or MySpace, supplanted by a better version that will come along in the future? There are 3 main reasons - the third is one that people often miss.
I can't say bitcoin will be dominant but It will always remain undefeated and maybe some coins will increase the price but bitcoin will never forgotten and die.
dedens212

Activity: 208
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:11:29 AM

Of course Bitcoin will be the most dominant coin both short and long term. All I know  that until this time Bitcoin still the best investment in the digital world. I do not think there will be another best investment besides Bitcoin.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:18:24 AM

I believe bitcoin will stay dominant among any other cryptocurrencies like most of the people.
Though we should not disregard the fact that new and new technology is developed everyday and someone may come up with a more revolutionary coin ovwer the concept of bitcoin. Or maybe something wild or crazy make cause the downfall of it - no one knows.
Tosg399

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:07:43 AM

I think Bitcoin will remain the dominant cryptocurrency for a very long time.

People frequently ask, why won't Bitcoin end up like Yahoo or MySpace, supplanted by a better version that will come along in the future? There are 3 main reasons - the third is one that people often miss.

1. NETWORK EFFECTS are really powerful at scale. Bitcoin is now valued at over $150 B (more than Facebook’s IPO price). It's going to be very difficult to move all those users over to a new network. I.e. there have been better versions of Facebook created, but individuals want to be on the network that all their friends are on. MySpace wasn't actually all that big before Facebook came along, and didn't have a strong network effect yet.

2. BITCOIN IS NOT STATIC - it is constantly improving. Whenever a code change is proposed, if 90% of the miners support it, it gets implemented. In fact, only 15% of Bitcoin's current code base was written by Satoshi Nakamoto. So if an upstart comes along with a dramatic improvement to how Bitcoin works, with no tradeoffs - then Bitcoin can just incorporate that improvement before the upstart gets to scale. Or if there is disagreement, a faction can fork a version off of Bitcoin with that improvement. And as we've seen from the Bitcoin Cash fork, a fork off Bitcoin starts off much larger than any new cryptocurrency starting from scratch.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:08:55 AM

yes of course bitcoin can be dominant because with bitcoin a lot of coin that follow bitcoin price movement, a lot of altcoin depends on bitcoin price which means bitcoin is very dominant for other cryptocurrency price.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:23:19 AM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.

Definitely not. Nothing stays on top forever. Even bitcoins. The power of time and the advancement of technology will over take bitcoins anytime probably in our lifetime. I'm confident that one day, a more advance cryptocurrency will replace bitcoins and it will be swift.

Elmughni

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:28:12 AM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.

I think, currently bitcoin still dominates cryptocurrency market and goods times for a very long time.
Maybe someday, bitcoin will surely loose in a competitive market and will be replaced by another better coin, but that may be a very long time because bitcoin is still the most powerful currency.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:31:54 AM

Yes. Definitely Bitcoin would be the dominant for all time, this crypto is always the king of the crypto currency market in terms of market cap and price. if you could see the market trend, the price of Bitcoin dominates the whole altcoins. if Bitcoin rises, then other coins rise, if Bitcoin falls, then all other coins falls. This is the proof that Bitcoin rules and dominates everything in crypto world.
wuxiangyang

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:49:16 AM

right now bitcoin is still dominating the cryptocurrency market and perhap for a very long time from now. I believe everything will come to an end, so bitcoin is not an exception. One day in the future, surely bitcoin will be loose in the competitive market and will be replaced by another better coin, but that may be a very long time because bitcoin is still the most powerful currency on the market.
ngamuk tok

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:15:00 AM

Although more and more altcoin is growing but bitcoin will still lead. Bitcoin is the main one, and most ordinary people know the crypto world through bitcoin. If bitcoin collapses, the layman's belief in the crypto world will also collapse.
In the real world, digital money received as a means of payment is bitcoin and most altcoins are just pumping.
Bitcoin price is also always used as a benchmark for altcoin prices, so if the bitcoin price falls then altcoin will also be affected.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:18:30 AM

yes of course bitcoin can be dominant and not only that bitcoin now also has become very good and suitable if made dominant in all price of cryptocurrency.
Badik

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:20:18 AM

Yes it remain,due to his popularity and decentralize bitcoin will not be crash like other coin because is already put his foundation and it stand alone while altcoins are depending on bitcoin even theres a lot of altcoin right now comming from the marketplace but the bitcoin remain on the top no one ever replace it.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:31:19 AM

I've been wondering about this too but in my opinion, Bitcoin most likely will remain as the most dominant coins in long term. Bitcoin is the most well-known coins in the world, the most accepted cryptos in the world and still exist until now after facing a lot of fud. Many altcoins offers better feature but none of them have beaten bitcoin. I'm not saying that bitcoin will be dominate forever but it's hard to replace its popularity.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:22:43 AM

I don't think bitcoin's reign wouldn't take long before something else sits on the mighty throne of king of cryptocurrencies. All things are temporary, even if you're the king for a while now. Long term or short term, bitcoins will be overtaken by something better in due time. It only takes one good day for that alt coin.

adekunleoyediran

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:39:46 AM

i belive bitcoin will remain dominant because its a great means of investment and all other crypto technology are channled through blockchain technolgy its bullt on
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:43:18 AM

Go for bitcoin! Go for the gold. We can say that will be the situation. For this past years, many coins want to surpass the value of bitcoin, but still no one beat it. So i believe bitcoin will still be dominant notbin long term and short term trading. Maybe the value of bitcoin is really an eye sore but we can take this opportunity to buy bitcoin and wait for a while and have our profit out from it.
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:55:35 AM

Yes of course, I do believe that bitcoin will forever remain as the dominant coin both long term and short term. Bitcoin is the first crypto creation and it is tested through times. With so many bitcoin holders around the world, even with the emergence of the new coins, bitcoin still remain on top.
ggh0stt1

Activity: 350
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:00:28 AM

I think bitcoin will remain dominant because as we can see, even if crisis hits it hard, it always fight back and rises again. Now, bitcoin has fluctuate its market price down to 6,000$ mark again but i think it will not reach down 5,000$ mark because during the past three trips when bitcoin hits 6,000$, bitcoin always fight back and rise again since that mark.
ZazaG7

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:07:03 AM

on the off chance that you mean genuine predominance when you say strength then yes. there is nothing contending bitcoin so there is no purpose behind it not to remain prevailing! the traders all receive bitcoin, everybody on the planet knows bitcoin, any individual who needs to contribute or make an exchange utilizes bitcoin. at that point after they did that some of them may investigate altcoins to make some benefit since they get pumped pleasantly.

be that as it may, if by strength you mean the phony predominance which is getting to be well known nowadays with showcase top then no bitcoin will most likely soon have under 1% of the aggregate market top on the grounds that the rate at which shitcoins are being made is staggering and each time some useless shitcoin with 100,000,000,000 coins is made bitcoin's market top proportion drops and everybody knows it is simple to make these shitco
vlom31

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 08:13:13 AM

I believe for quite some time it will yes !

Mehdi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: