Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin remain dominant  (Read 2660 times)
P60

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:43:57 PM

personally I think that btc will remain the most dominant coin because if any other coin has the potential to do it and does it we will have a huge crash or a huge panic in market and decentralization mentality may be threatened.
Even though the price is low, Bitcoin is still the most dominant cryptocurrency; it is still a the most profitable coin in the market. And it will be more profitable when the price rises.

19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:55:19 PM

There is nothing definite in the very tight crypto competition, as we know that there are currently over 1600 coins and tokens and all compete to number # 1, I'm sure that someday there will be better coins than bitcoin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Zachwolf

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:08:39 PM

I think it will at least for the upcoming few years.

The issue is that almost all other cryptocurrencies are heavily dependant on BTC, and whatever happens to it, the rest will also experience.

I noticed during the market crash. The rest of the altcoins were behaving almost like BTC, going up and down in accordance with the BTC pump and dump.

Thus, I believe BTC will continue staying dominant unless another coin really proves being better than BTC, and beats BTC.

Although bitcoin are not in good condition due to it's low value it is still dominant because it is alive and exist in crypto world. Permanent in the top even though their are many tokens existing now.
signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:14:20 PM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.
I think bitcoin will be the dominant coin because I think bitcoin using technological advances and the development of time and bitcoin pioneer cryptocurrency so will be dominant future
Thenuka99

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:03:52 PM

Simply yes, It is the first crypto coin recognized by the world, and it is still the controlling factor of almost all the ALT coins, something we've seen over and over when BTC price goes down, ALT's follow and go down, when BTC price go up they follow and go down, so it's pretty safe to assume that BTC is the Dominant factor for cryptocurrency.

There may be competitors like ETH and NEO with all the ICO's based on them, but with the circulation of bitcoin they will have always have to stay behind BTC.
Holapola

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:11:50 PM

I think bitcoin will dominate at least 3-4 more years, since most investors believe only bitcoin, but that it will be displaced by 100%.
brownaxe20

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

As far as I have observed still bitcoin remains dominant over other altcoins. The support with bitcoin is still high though other altcoins are gaining popularity but when looking at the graphs on exchanges we can clearly notice how the trends follows that of bitcoin. Maybe this is because bitcoin is still the most popular coin due to being the first cryptocurrency to exist and was successful despite being affected by so much FUDs.
KobeBriant 24

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:42:06 PM

Bitcoin has always been the most dominant coin, at least on this market, and that is not going to change, not even if it stops being the number 1 in a near future

Maximus1973

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:43:10 PM

Bitcoin will remain dominant since there will be more people hodling it.. It will still be the pair of all cryptos..
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:46:19 PM

As bitcoin has been getting a lot of investors attention all around the globe, compared to other altcoins. So, it would remain dominant for some time in future too.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

Bitcoin will surely remain the dominant  coin for a long time to come because it is pole long ahead of all the other altcoins both in price and market share volume. Despite the scalability issues with bitcoin it is still ahead.
tony kurniawan

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:52:25 PM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.

Bitcoin will remain dominant, although crypto is unstable and bitcoin prices may fall low, but I think the bitcoin will increase again. I do not think anyone can beat bitcoin.
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 06:53:59 PM

Bitcoin will always be dominant in the cryptosphere.There is however the chance that ETH can be the number 1 crypto maybe in the not too distant future as a lot of projects are adopting the ETH as the platform of launch.There are more ERC-20 tokens(by percentage) now than there were a year ago.
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:05:10 PM

Bitcoin is already gradually losing its dominant role among the crypto currency. In the future, I think this trend will not only continue, but will also intensify. Now bitcoin will continue to lose its popularity regardless of whether it will grow in price, or fall.

Gamblet

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:06:30 PM

I hope with the popularization of Lightning  Network the situation will change. Perhaps this can give rise to a new bull trend. Most of the top projects this year did not really do anything important. Maybe because of this the market is so weak.
FasT09

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:10:14 PM

Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term?
it is certain that this bitcoin will remain dominant and will remain the first time remembered by everyone on earth, Although the price of BTC decreases but a few weeks or months will recover.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:11:28 PM

I'm still yet to recover from my lost! But live goes on anyway. Its one of those things.
Bitcoin and altcoins will definitely raise again, so for the now,  am stocking up my coins.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:18:18 PM

I think that bitcoin will reign for a long time, just to see that it is the currency most known and that no other comes at least close to its dominance. The btc governs the market, directing it to consistent highs and lows.
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:20:00 PM

dominance you say? what makes people think that other coins would later have dominance over bitcoin, is it because of the long bears? bitcoin has been number 1 and so it would remain, no matter what.
locsta123

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:25:08 PM

I think bitcoin needs to implement a faster transaction system for it to remain dominant and competitive either that or it will be seen as "digital gold" as a lot of people are saying where you can store your value and won't be used so much for day to day transactions. It takes on average about 20min to make a transaction that is really slow in todays standards of electronic payments. It needs to be on par with visa/mastercard which I don't see that happening unless some major updates are made to the network Smiley But that is just my thoughts who knows what the future holds it may remain the dominant coin for the next 100 years or drop to $10 nobody knows Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: