Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75863 times)
jinyoubei

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:19:36 AM

It's a good time to pick up some shares from btct.co now, and waiting for transfer.
crumbs (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:23:39 AM

It's a good time to pick up some shares from btct.co now, and waiting for transfer.

Tempting.  Like looting the Titanic before it goes down.
jinyoubei

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:27:43 AM

I have feeling that if I do this right, 100% profit or more 2 weeks later.

Tempting.  Like looting the Titanic before it goes down.
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:34:40 AM

I have feeling that if I do this right, 100% profit or more 2 weeks later.

Tempting.  Like looting the Titanic before it goes down.

Possible, i'm having a hard time picturing how this whole thing will be orchestrated by Ken & Ukio.  Ideas?
jinyoubei

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:46:40 AM

I have no idea...

But I am not sure I will buy ActM on btct.co, you can get this price or lower on bitfunder.
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:50:52 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 12:34:17 PM by crumbs

I have no idea...

But I am not sure I will buy ActM on btct.co, you can get this price or lower on bitfunder.

Yeah, the the transfer mechanics definitely should be interesting.  If this: 7,462   ฿0.00134002    is you, good luck.

Edit: Newar too late! 
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:15:30 PM

It gets better:
@Ken, but you are US citizen no? Will that be an issue?

No, it is owned by the AMC (Belize) right now; however, it will have to be spun off to a different corporation before it can start operations, as AMC does not have the proper license to hold 3rd party funds.

If the humor in this isn't immediately apparent...
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:16:32 PM

Oh crumbs!
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:24:20 PM

Oh crumbs!

Lol, is this you? 6,666   ฿0.00150001

Edit for numerologists: 6666*.00150001 = 9.99906666 Cheesy
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:25:18 PM

Oh crumbs!

Lol, is this you? 6,666   ฿0.00150001

Nope. :p
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:31:44 PM

So i heard Ken's starting his own exchange Smiley  You all in?  Imagine the graphics...
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:33:24 PM

So i heard Ken's starting his own exchange Smiley  You all in?  Imagine the graphics...

Well I do prefer getting on BF or HL in the immediate future.

However if Active started hashing and could pay some top-notch designers and do the whole thing professionally it could be a good idea for the far future.
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:44:00 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 03:08:35 PM by crumbs

So i heard Ken's starting his own exchange Smiley  You all in?  Imagine the graphics...

Well I do prefer getting on BF or HL in the immediate future.

However if Active started hashing and could pay some top-notch designers and do the whole thing professionally it could be a good idea for the far future.

I'm not sure if Ken's open to hiring top-notch designers.  He was offered an acceptable site, free of charge, and turned it down.  The given rationale was incompatible backend, but the amount of commerce done on existing site could easily be handled by one of the other Slaughters, with a #3 pencil & a stickums pad.
In other words, unlikely.

There's more to ActM than just a veneer of incompetence.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:19:50 PM

ActiveTrading?  The mutant offspring of Picostocks and goatse!   Shocked

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:16:51 AM

There's not much left to say about ActM.
It was a decent joke, but, lacking a plausible plotline & a coherent story arc, it failed to translate into a watchable sitcom.

Granted, The Fates were unkind, twisting ActM's temporal thread into the Gordian Knot better known as "clusterfuck" to the denizens of these boards.  The cast has soured, dumbstruck by grief & embittered by poverty.

And, when it seemed like things couldn't get any worse, our heroes barfing up the last of delicious kool aid, Da Pigs pwnt the party.  Sending dry-heaving investors scurrying for the rickety shelter of Bitfunder.

Uncool, pigs!
Y U be hatin' on free marketz?

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:21:16 AM

Crumbs, why would the stock be appreciating at this time? We can only fully tell where we stand once the chips arrive. Then we can tell if this company will be a dud.

You know most of the decline in ActM is because no investors here can focus for more than 20 minutes and want immediate results. You may be right, ActM could stink, but at this point we can't really tell. If we get hundreds of TH/s in November that might be enough, it might not.
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:56:36 AM

Crumbs, why would the stock be appreciating at this time? We can only fully tell where we stand once the chips arrive. Then we can tell if this company will be a dud.

You know most of the decline in ActM is because no investors here can focus for more than 20 minutes and want immediate results. You may be right, ActM could stink, but at this point we can't really tell. If we get hundreds of TH/s in November that might be enough, it might not.

No, at this point we can't really tell, but as the ActivMining story unfolds, more and more ugly factors come into the light.
In the best-case scenario, if the chips do materialize, and meet design specs, and this happens on schedule, the overall profitability of ActM is still uncertain.
Among a slew of problems, Ken's unwillingness or inability to function as a real corporation, assigning tasks & delegating authority to others -- is a huge one.

Without getting lost in the details, if a tide floats all boats, it also grounds them when it goes out.  Get ready for low tide. <<Biggie Undecided

Edit:  Of course, the short attention span you talk about also plays into this, *as is banking on that same attention span & lack of reasoning skills*.  You know this.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:00:12 PM

No, at this point we can't really tell, but as the ActivMining story unfolds, more and more ugly factors come into the light.
In the best-case scenario, if the chips do materialize, and meet design specs, and this happens on schedule, the overall profitability of ActM is still uncertain.
Among a slew of problems, Ken's unwillingness or inability to function as a real corporation, assigning tasks & delegating authority to others -- is a huge one.

You are right about that. Thanks for a reasoned reply Crumbs Smiley

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:31:18 PM

Reasoned?  Activeminer's 28nm chip is being developed by easic, we know that, it is on easic's website. easic isnt a small bunch of amateurs, there is absolutely no reason to believe they wont pull this off easily. As for the CEO's capabilities, Ken may or may not be a marketing guru, but at least his websites work and when BTCT closed not only did he manage an orderly migration to bitfunder in next to no time, he said they had foreseen the closure of both exchanges and had already developed  their own trading platform that would operate from Belize if the need arised. Now thats what I like to see in a CEO: foresight and bold actions.

Now compare that to the labcoin boosters who bet their money on a very inefficient 130nm chip thats supposedly developed for free in a university by a student no one's ever heard off,  is being deployed by a company who's CEO  does internet sales of mobile phones, but doesnt have a public website. A chip they claim 2TH of which is deployed since a few weeks, but of which no pictures, no video, no nothing has been shown. The only "evidence" is that they are sometimes mining at ~800GH at a pool, but most people suspect that is obtained with avalons and bitfury's that Theswede is known to have bought.

Oh and they have a future  65nm product under development; the only guy working on it is only working on its IO periphery, he doesnt know who will do the rest, and claims he himself is probably not capable of designing the core, is not aware of the 130nm chip, has no clue of a timeline for the 65nm one  other than that he expects his part of the design to be ready this year.

Yeah. By all means, sell your Active miner shares and buy some labcoin.

activeminer may or may not succeed, but Im quite confident its a very serious attempt with fairly good odds.
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:59:31 PM

Reasoned?  Activeminer's 28nm chip is being developed by easic, we know that, it is on easic's website. easic isnt a small bunch of amateurs, there is absolutely no reason to believe they wont pull this off easily. As for the CEO's capabilities, Ken may or may not be a marketing guru, but at least his websites work and when BTCT closed not only did he manage an orderly migration to bitfunder in next to no time, he said they had foreseen the closure of both exchanges and had already developed  their own trading platform that would operate from Belize if the need arised. Now thats what I like to see in a CEO: foresight and bold actions.

Lolz.  Foreseen?  Burnside *told people* that he would be closing his site to American investors when the news of Pirateat40 FinCen case hit.
Allow me to quote:
"Probably I'll have to close it to US participation though as well."  See here.
I commented on it *in ActiveMiner thread* (see here).
At that point, everyone with more neurons than a fruit fly *knew* that the exchanges were going to fold, one way or another.  Sure, he was asped by the mighty interwebz warriors, and posted a limited retraction the next day, but those whose synapses weren't fused by syphilis germs got the message loud & clear.

Now compare that to the labcoin boosters who bet their money on a very inefficient 130nm chip thats supposedly developed for free in a university by a student no one's ever heard off,  is being deployed by a company who's CEO  does internet sales of mobile phones, but doesnt have a public website. A chip they claim 2TH of which is deployed since a few weeks, but of which no pictures, no video, no nothing has been shown. The only "evidence" is that they are sometimes mining at ~800GH at a pool, but most people suspect that is obtained with avalons and bitfury's that Theswede is known to have bought.

Oh and they have a future  65nm product under development; the only guy working on it is only working on its IO periphery, he doesnt know who will do the rest, and claims he himself is probably not capable of designing the core, is not aware of the 130nm chip, has no clue of a timeline for the 65nm one  other than that he expects his part of the design to be ready this year.

Yeah. By all means, sell your Active miner shares and buy some labcoin.

activeminer may or may not succeed, but Im quite confident its a very serious attempt with fairly good odds.

What in the world makes you think that those with money on Labcoin believe it will succeed?  Labcoin is getting traded like the proverbial read-headed stepchild.  It's used as poker chips.  Everyone is playing musical bag-o-dick.  Learn to gambling, pl0x.

And what makes you think that people divesting from one idiotic playvestment will instantly invest in an equally lulzy one? Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: