Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:13:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75856 times)
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:46:28 AM

It is very simple, under the rules of the forum if you ask a poster not to post in your thread, he should start his own thread.  I have ask Entropy-uc not to post in my thread.  He has his own thread and this one to post in.

This forum doesn't have a lot in the way of rules!!!

K, thanks for the explanation.
shaofis

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:36:01 PM

He deleted that post and not mine? How odd. I expected my posts to go bye bye. Maybe sometime in the future they will disappear.

How telling is it that he attacked me (and effectively all of the people who had helped a lot, including vbs) rather than answer the question? Disappointed.

It is very simple, under the rules of the forum if you ask a poster not to post in your thread, he should start his own thread.  I have ask Entropy-uc not to post in my thread.  He has his own thread and this one to post in.

Ken,

All this drama is doing you no good; surely you can see that. You claimed to have shipped... fess up and admit what you shipped or backup and tell the truth.

Please stop discounting this. What was shipped isn't even important, it's a baseline for your trustworthiness.

Shao
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:36:52 PM

He deleted that post and not mine? How odd. I expected my posts to go bye bye. Maybe sometime in the future they will disappear.

How telling is it that he attacked me (and effectively all of the people who had helped a lot, including vbs) rather than answer the question? Disappointed.

Ken deletes my posts that clearly point at the legal problems his actions have created.  I suspect he spends far more time talking to regulators and lawyers than he does working on actually making anything at this point.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:12:19 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 12:30:16 AM by Entropy-uc

LMAO at the morons who invested in this right now.

They are jumping around excited because their alcoholic CEO just paid to tape out a 55 nm design.  When they were promised 28 nm chips 5 months ago!  Now he buys out some schmucks who realized that you can't build miners on 55 nm for the retail cost of Cointerra's 28 nm systems, and the investors are happy.  Good god you people are stupid.  Do some math.  Antminers are selling at $8 / Gh/s TODAY.  And you supposedly have $6M in backorders at $15 / Gh/s that you are going to fill in 3 months?  Every one of those people is going to realize they can have twice as much hash today rather than many months from now and demand refunds.

Sigh.  MPOE-PR is right.  It's just the natural process of stupid people with money returning to their natural state of poverty.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:39:17 AM

The questions that will not be asked:
  • how much did the acquisition cost, and who are the guys who got it? (wouldn't be a surprise that they are related to our friend kslaugther)
  • how is it going to fit on single slot pci express miners with no active cooling?
  • would it have been better to refund all that was left to investors? oh wait, how much is left?

The only good news is that trading should happen and those that didn't appreciate being lied to for six months will be able to get out; though it will only be through scamming bigger fools.
If only they just kept their bitcoins...

#3 is the only relevant question.  Even if it was free, a 55 nm design isn't worth the engineering costs to tape out, design boards and firmware for.  55 nm asics cost more to produce per Gh/s than you can buy hardware from 28 nm suppliers at retail prices today (and last October for that matter!).  Spending money on 55 nm guarantees you a loss compared to direct ordering from Cointerra.  It does give Ken a way to save face.  He wasn't incompetent and or lying when he said the RTL was done in June of last year, he was collaborating with a stealth start up!
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:43:27 AM

• how much did the acquisition cost, and who are the guys who got it? (wouldn't be a surprise that they are related to our friend kslaugther)
  • how is it going to fit on single slot pci express miners with no active cooling?
  • would it have been better to refund all that was left to investors? oh wait, how much is left?

The only good news is that trading should happen and those that didn't appreciate being lied to for six months will be able to get out; though it will only be through scamming bigger fools.

#3 is the only relevant question.  Even if it was free, a 55 nm design isn't worth the engineering costs to tape out, design boards and firmware for.  55 nm asics cost more to produce per Gh/s than you can buy hardware from 28 nm suppliers at retail prices today (and last October for that matter!).  Spending money on 55 nm guarantees you a loss compared to direct ordering from Cointerra.  It does give Ken a way to save face.  He wasn't incompetent and or lying when he said the RTL was done in June of last year, he was collaborating with a stealth start up!

Want to place a wager?
Entropy-uc

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:12:05 AM

Want to place a wager?

I already placed my bets.  And they are paying off.

How did your bet on Terrahash work out?

Out of pure macabre curiosity what is it that you want to bet me about?
Bargraphics

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:37:24 AM

#3 is the only relevant question.  Even if it was free, a 55 nm design isn't worth the engineering costs to tape out, design boards and firmware for.  55 nm asics cost more to produce per Gh/s than you can buy hardware from 28 nm suppliers at retail prices today (and last October for that matter!).  Spending money on 55 nm guarantees you a loss compared to direct ordering from Cointerra.  It does give Ken a way to save face.  He wasn't incompetent and or lying when he said the RTL was done in June of last year, he was collaborating with a stealth start up!

Want to place a wager?

I already placed my bets.  And they are paying off.

How did your bet on Terrahash work out?

Out of pure macabre curiosity what is it that you want to bet me about?

Sorry I should have known I would have had to literally spell it out for someone like you, even though I did bold it.
55 nm asics cost more to produce per Gh/s than you can buy hardware from 28 nm suppliers at retail prices today (and last October for that matter!).

Don't worry about the bet, I'm just making a point that you cannot back up your mouth with actual money. But maybe you are so extremely out of touch that you believe that statement to be true.

As far as your Terrahash jab, do you really think $30,000 in USD matters when I've made over 650 BTC from mining with KnC?

Let me know when you want to play catch up with me.
Bitdust

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:37:13 AM

Don't worry about the bet, I'm just making a point that you cannot back up your mouth with actual money. But maybe you are so extremely out of touch that you believe that statement to be true.

As far as your Terrahash jab, do you really think $30,000 in USD matters when I've made over 650 BTC from mining with KnC?

Bargraphics:
Backing your idiocy with coin is cute in a boyish sort of way,  It has a charm that's absolutely adored by certain confirmed bachelors and aging Hoboken housewives.
But here, in a forum all about money, it lacks a certain ... je ne sais quoi.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:34:58 AM

Bargraphics:
Backing your idiocy with coin is cute in a boyish sort of way,  It has a charm that's absolutely adored by certain confirmed bachelors and aging Hoboken housewives.

so because one brand thats not the topic of this thread made a profit, a $30,000 loss is negligible?

fools and thier money

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Bargraphics

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:21:17 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 04:51:33 AM by Bargraphics

Bargraphics:

so because one brand thats not the topic of this thread made a profit, a $30,000 loss is negligible?

fools and thier money

Hah that's a good one.
You must be telling some sort of joke considering neither company mentioned was the topic of this thread.

Kids these days...

Alright I've had my fun with you losers. Back to watching the circle jerk of wannabe bitcoin gurus in here. Have fun guys.
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:58:39 AM

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:13:01 AM

It is very simple, under the rules of the forum if you ask a poster not to post in your thread, he should start his own thread.  I have ask Entropy-uc not to post in my thread.  He has his own thread and this one to post in.

Ken,

All this drama is doing you no good; surely you can see that. You claimed to have shipped... fess up and admit what you shipped or backup and tell the truth.

Please stop discounting this. What was shipped isn't even important, it's a baseline for your trustworthiness.

Shao

Ken is surely aware of the deceptive nature of his words. Whether he is covering his ass legally, covering up delays, or just pulling a con, he appears to know what he is doing in terms of 'keeping it grey.'

Thumper650

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:58:51 PM

Active Mining, An Historical Perspective

Part The I, or How VMC Came To Be.

A long, long time ago, in a magical land called Missouri, lived a man of God named Ken.
Every evening Ken poured himself a jelly jar of Gordon's Gin and prayed:
"I try and try, God, but my best plans turn to fail and aids.  Thanks for nothing!"

And so he lived, until one night the jelly jar slipped from his hand, rolled, shattered, the air in the room shook, shuddered, shimmered, and *POOF!* - OMG, a magical faery!

"OHAI!" said the faery.  "How's all that drinkin' and prayin' working 4 U?"
"Piss off" mumbled Ken.
"Language!  The name's IPO, and I'm here to help.  Tomorrow night, pour off three fingers of Gordon's, drink the rest, log onto Bitcointalk, and tell the bitpeasants there just what you saw.  Don't forget to mention my name."
"Which is?"
"IPO. IPO IPO IPO IPO!  Remember my magical name, FFS!  If you can spell it, you'll be rich!"
And *POOF!* the faery was gone.

___STAY TUNED FOR PART THE II___
tslimx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:02:21 PM

I wish my shares were on paper, so i could wipe my ass with them.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:13:35 PM

I tried to get a substantive discussion of the value of Activemining going on the moderated thread.

I think the stock is a sell over 0.00001, and showed why.  Sadly I couldn't get any logical responses from the bulls.  But Ken stepped in to save the day with the delete button.

Look for Ken to log out soon and Zum to start posting again.  :-)

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Actually there are 25M shares, 10M is just the public share number. A 0.01 share price would value it closer to a quarter billion USD.

If you are using Dividend Yield as the core valuer of recieving shares you can discount the 15Mill private shares as they are not recieving any dividend. And they will not recieve any dividend until 25-50Mill USD has been paid out to investors. The full 'market cap' figure is thus not reflective of investor value. Shareholders invest for capital gains and dividend payout so the 15Mill are irrelevant until the guaranteed 0.0025 BTC per public share is paid out. At that time there will be a revaluation by the market.

0.0025 x 10M x $1000 BTC is $2.5M US.

So if you want to get to a valuation higher than that you do have to account for the full number of shares. Mr.Teal is correct.

Ken is trying to sell shares at a $250M valuation for the company.

You are a horrible pessimist and think that 6 Avalons, a few benches and empty promises from a failed, alcoholic salesman is worth $100M
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:52:54 PM

Entropy we know* that the price on Crypto-Trade is unreal. Like an actually unreal price point that we won't be seeing anytime soon, if at all. Trying to convince the main people who try to pump the price isn't really a good use of time or effort.

No one is going to buy a share for over .0005, and I will not be putting up bids (if any) till we go down to .00005 or .00007 as I think this is a reasonable place for me to get in more than I have. Now I know this is overvalued in your opinion but I am factoring in the chance that this company my succeed, and the spare BTC I have laying around due to the lack of other stuff to do with them.

Now I would just like to state a very important point. I am not calling you a troll, or a fudster or anything. You have admitted to being against the company, you have stated that you don't own any shares and that Ken is incompetent. I understand where you are coming from and I have taken what you said at face value.

There is one thing that people in this forum are very paranoid about; people with shares facading a very bullish appearance about the company to pump the price and people without shares facading a very bearish appearance about the company to crash the price. Now I am not stating that you are doing that, and I really don't care what the price is because I have little desire to sell and less desire to buy but, you are appearing as the later in the moderated thread and it is going to cause people to mistrust you.

No one really thinks the company is worth $250M or close to that.

* Shareholders
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:10:22 PM

I tried to get a substantive discussion of the value of Activemining going on the moderated thread.

I think the stock is a sell over 0.00001, and showed why.  Sadly I couldn't get any logical responses from the bulls.  But Ken stepped in to save the day with the delete button.

Look for Ken to log out soon and Zum to start posting again.  :-)

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Actually there are 25M shares, 10M is just the public share number. A 0.01 share price would value it closer to a quarter billion USD.

If you are using Dividend Yield as the core valuer of recieving shares you can discount the 15Mill private shares as they are not recieving any dividend. And they will not recieve any dividend until 25-50Mill USD has been paid out to investors. The full 'market cap' figure is thus not reflective of investor value. Shareholders invest for capital gains and dividend payout so the 15Mill are irrelevant until the guaranteed 0.0025 BTC per public share is paid out. At that time there will be a revaluation by the market.

0.0025 x 10M x $1000 BTC is $2.5M US.

So if you want to get to a valuation higher than that you do have to account for the full number of shares. Mr.Teal is correct.

Ken is trying to sell shares at a $250M valuation for the company.

You are a horrible pessimist and think that 6 Avalons, a few benches and empty promises from a failed, alcoholic salesman is worth $100M

Lol. Your idea of a 'substantive discussion' is to abuse Ken Slaughter and throw silly conspiracy theories around that anyone who challenges you is related to the CEO.  What an absolute joker you are.  You are more than welcome to start an adult conversation anytime you want and you will be embraced.  The problem is that it's beyond you to do that.  I stress;  make a mature inoffensive  constructive criticism and we can engage in a grown up conversation.

By the way, I am in Scotland in the United Kingdom and have never met with or spoke to any Slaughters in my life.  The only contact I have ever had is through this forum using PM's and they wouldn't even add up to ten.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Entropy-uc

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:11:24 AM

Entropy we know* that the price on Crypto-Trade is unreal. Like an actually unreal price point that we won't be seeing anytime soon, if at all. Trying to convince the main people who try to pump the price isn't really a good use of time or effort.

No one is going to buy a share for over .0005, and I will not be putting up bids (if any) till we go down to .00005 or .00007 as I think this is a reasonable place for me to get in more than I have. Now I know this is overvalued in your opinion but I am factoring in the chance that this company my succeed, and the spare BTC I have laying around due to the lack of other stuff to do with them.

Now I would just like to state a very important point. I am not calling you a troll, or a fudster or anything. You have admitted to being against the company, you have stated that you don't own any shares and that Ken is incompetent. I understand where you are coming from and I have taken what you said at face value.

There is one thing that people in this forum are very paranoid about; people with shares facading a very bullish appearance about the company to pump the price and people without shares facading a very bearish appearance about the company to crash the price. Now I am not stating that you are doing that, and I really don't care what the price is because I have little desire to sell and less desire to buy but, you are appearing as the later in the moderated thread and it is going to cause people to mistrust you.

No one really thinks the company is worth $250M or close to that.

* Shareholders

My posts were in response to someone who claims to be a shareholder who thinks the stock is worth that much.  I really don't care what anyone here thinks of me.  I come to keep up to date on bitcoin every few months, and sometimes I stick around for the entertainment.  Mostly I think browsing the forums here is bad for my personal wealth because observing the blatant scams and the fools who fall for them makes me want to sell bitcoins, which has always turned out to be a bad idea.

I hope your shares actually start trading soon and that you get out of this mess as best as you can.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:31:00 AM

Huh Ken mentioned additional hashrate came online in November, what machines were those?

CEX.IO
Yet another way to mislead shareholders.

That wasn't even the worst of the BS in this weeks hand waving.  But it was among the funniest.  CEO of super low cost mining hardware outfit goes out and buys the most expensive hash rate possible.  That would only make sense if you knew you were never getting your own hardware, or you wanted to deceive people.

I'm bored with this soap opera again.  Watching sock puppets talk to each other all day has limited value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: