Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:36:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75841 times)
mainline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:58:43 AM

There's only one thing you must beware more than reminding Ken that he's a drunk - don't question the wisdom of the Belize Virtual Identity!*

Ken feels his Belize registration is the ne plus ultra of business acumen - the masterstroke of high finance wit.  It makes him invincible to Da Man and irresistible to the womenz.  

... I'm a bit uncertain on how a virtual entity representing both itself and its profits works when the company owning the virtual entity is based in Belize and the virtual entity is doing business in the United States of America.  Would the virtual entity preorder miners from its and its profits' owner?

*You accidentally misquoted Ken in the the emboldened text.  The term Ken favors is "Virtual Identity."  I know, i know - but that's Ken.  Gotta keep it authentic for the tourists...
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:52:08 PM

Funny, I just noticed this bit about account setup at UMC.  I really doubt that UMC would build masks for a customer without an account, so that means no 55 nm tapeout yet.  Based on Ken's promptness on getting shares tradeable, I guess he'll tape out in May.  If they have the money...

Weekly Update 2/5/2013

This last week has been very busy with our Project manager and engineers working with eASIC on our 28nm custom chip.  We have receive the first results back and the chip is expected to run at 30 GH/s, we are working on improving this number.  Also, we have received the quote on our PCIe board and our project manager and engineers are meeting with eASIC and our board engineers this week to keep our project on track.  We are also meeting with UMC to finalize our account setup.  We are also thinking about going to a 20nm custom chip and skipping the 28nm, if we can get it produced fast enough.

I wondered about that as well. We were supposed to have taped-out in mid January.
Desmond.Paris

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:33:47 PM

So this is where the cyber scum and haters post. 

Ken surely needs to know that this here is where all his detractors live.

Who among you is talking with the lawyers for the class action suit?
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:57:53 PM

So this is where the cyber scum and haters post.

No, here is where the smart and wit people post. The clueless and delusional people post in the moderate thread. No one here is interested in a lawsuit because no one here did invested in that predictable failure.
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:24:02 PM

As I have explained many times, it's the "get investors money and sit on your ass" scam. It's pretty much what Labcoin actually did, though they were much lazier, eventually gave up and went "outright scam".

Just ask yourself, what is kslaugther bringing to the table, exactly? Right from the start it was evident the guy did not know what he was doing but moreover didn't care.

More fun:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110201184304/http://milliondollarwebhosting.com/
This is... axs.net, previously known as can2it.com https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206488.msg2438643#msg2438643 http://www.axs.net/dedicated.html
I'm not sure if MDWH was his attempt to sell the business, or if he bought it.
But look at this joke:

I wonder how godaddy pays for those "Super Bowl Ads".  Hint: Maybe their massive web hosting business.
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:45:55 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 08:25:16 PM by EduardoDeCastro

Indeed the mention of Peltier is laughable when all the rage is cooling efficiency.
Competitors are using liquid cooling.
Some farms even use immersion cooling.

In Ken's defense, by "active cooling" he must've meant "heatsink with powered whirligig."  "Passive" being the ghetto version, without.
Alternative:
"Active Cooling(tm) by Active Mining."

http://s18.postimg.org/4uwnap69l/Capture.jpg

Edit @Ken: So what happened to your web hosting gig?  Verizon told you to upgrade to business DSL plan if you're going to run a server, or did your neighbor finally password-protect his wifi?
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 08:03:00 PM

Yes, and anyone can become GoDaddy by buying a hosting business.
Are you for real?

Why don't you try it.  It is better than your "Blackmailing Business".
nyc77

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:18:05 PM

Are you for real?

How about you go make a photo of a bench or something.

Because even trolling the forums 24/7 is better than what youve been up to until now.
EduardoDeCastro

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:26:21 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 08:40:09 PM by EduardoDeCastro

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic...
Investors and Titans Of Industry!
Your CEO is trolling Pankkake in crumbs' thread.  Could you give him a holler?
thx
EduardoDeCastro

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:10:48 PM

Lol, Ken locks the "official" thread after deleting my post Cry

So is this thread now as dead as Active Mining?  The cheerleaders got pregnant and skulked off to the invite-only trailer park known as #actm?
Even Ken doesn't drop by anymore, trolling crumbs' thread instead?
This is how it all ends?
Cry
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:12:41 PM

Deleted from the moderated thread:  I guess Ken is getting sensitive about his legal problems.

Hello, is it likely we will be trading before the chips arrive in April?

I won't have an answer to that question until I meet with my securities lawyer.
I can't believe everyone is busy lobbing turds at each other while this is being overlooked.  until we have access to our shares, literally no one in this thread has anything except Ken.  I can't access my shares to sell or collect any imaginary dividends that might be paid out.  We're told Crypto-Trade will be up and running soon, then ActM gets listed on CT but we still don't have OUR shares there, only Ukyo's that Ken is trying to sell cheap.  We're told it's just a matter of getting the transfer script running so the shares can be logged on CT.  Now's it seems that it MIGHT be April at the earliest that we can have access to our shares, and you guys are busy beating each other up over personal attacks and a product that may or may not ever even exist?

Who cares if the product exists or not if we can't even access our shares?  Are you going to get dividends paid to thin air?  Who are you going to divest your shares to if you think it's a scam now?  Forget about being scammed on product development, guys.  We all own NOTHING until we control our own shares again, and so far that seems to be the biggest hoodwink of all.  The Crypto-Trade transfer needs to happen YESTERDAY.  Pictures of vaporware are not worth getting upset over or excited over.  They affect none of us unless we control our shares.  As far as I can see, the only reason the transfer hasn't taken place is because Ken knows the trade price would instantly tank and make his company look like a sham and scare away any hope of even recouping costs, forget about turning a profit.

If anyone (particularly Ken) would care to clarify this delay, I would love to hear it.  Until then, I don't even understand why any of you are focused on product.  If you gave money to a company to make widgets and got a receipt promising you a portion of the revenue, what difference would it make how well the widgets performed if your ownership shares had disappeared into thin air?  Our "investments" only exist in Ken's head at this point.  Do you trust him to give them back to you?  I'm not too sure anymore.
I can 100% guarantee you that no lawyer will ever advise a client to continue breaking the law.  Ken will return from his lawyer to very sadly inform you all that he is unable to register your shares at crypto-trade.  Actually it will be your lawyer as he will use your money to pay for the advice that screws your last chance of bailing out of this mess.

It's awfully convenient that this happens immediately after Ken raises another $100k or so for himself selling shares, don't you think?
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:40:46 PM

Lol, Ken locks the "official" thread after deleting my post Cry

So is this thread now as dead as Active Mining?  The cheerleaders got pregnant and skulked off to the invite-only trailer park known as #actm?
Even Ken doesn't drop by anymore, trolling crumbs' thread instead?
This is how it all ends?
Cry

I guess they figure the path to success is Chinese style censorship.

The trouble with creating an echo chamber is that you quickly end up only talking to yourself.
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:01:50 PM

I find the following disconcerting:

I don't see how we can have a legitimate discussion regarding the two chips.  Both chips are nothing but specifications at this point, but one set of specs is coming from an established company with a proven track record of delivering actual products, while the other is simply specs.  I hope we end up shipping product on the date that has been announced, but history is not on our side.

You can't assess your position in a race if you're not even running yet.  I am more interested in acquiring some concrete evidence of anything Ken has announced to us before I worry about our position in the field.

If you are still unsure of the 55nm tape out then you aren't in the position to discuss this.
For those of us that know that the UMC 55nm chip has achieved tape-out, what do you think about the chips? I've heard some EEs sincerely doubting the AM offering's power draw, but I don't know enough to weigh in. Is what FC claims possible?

Also, word on the street is that the UMC 55nm is being produced at sub $1/GH. What is a reasonable profit margin for these chips?

With all that has happened, it is only rational to demand documentation. Yet there still hasn't been any poof of a 55nm tape-out, with Ken stating that he has zero documentation.

No NDA this time, so what's the deal? It's not 'trolling' to ask these questions.

Quote from: kslaughter link=topic=297503.msg5127415#msg5127415
I don't have any documentation on the tapeout.  This was for the shuttle run and prototypes which we have canceled and have now changed to the production run.  See my weekly update for the wafer delivery dates.

EduardoDeCastro

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:16:44 PM

No NDA this time, so what's the deal? It's not 'trolling' to ask these questions.

Quote from: kslaughter link=topic=297503.msg5127415#msg5127415
I don't have any documentation on the tapeout.  This was for the shuttle run and prototypes which we have canceled and have now changed to the production run.  See my weekly update for the wafer delivery dates.

I guess it was a handshake deal?  /sarcasm
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:21:07 PM

I love how the morons locked the main thread. Can this thread be renamed to "Official Active Mining is a giant fucking scam thread" ??
EduardoDeCastro

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:18:00 PM

#Pankkake:  Oh, come on, you don't like this?  It's more of a shop than a render, but it has a certain naif charm all of its own.

http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/img/p/5/5/55-large_default.jpg

*And it's still available on Ken's website, though the project has been canned for a while...
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:05:54 AM

Are you for real?

Even a blackmailing business seems more legitimate than the disgusting shit you've been doing

tslimx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:15:28 PM

Kinda done waiting to dump my shitty shares, think i want my full btc back. Nothing to stop me from going to Springfield an making him give mine back the hard way.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:22:07 PM

Kinda done waiting to dump my shitty shares, think i want my full btc back. Nothing to stop me from going to Springfield an making him give mine back the hard way.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475555.msg5243841#msg5243841
sporket

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:33:31 PM

Code:
[14:51] <minerpart> Bargraphics did you just boot me off  #actm?
[14:52] <minerpart> ?
[14:53] <minerpart> So are you denying me access to #actm Bargraphics?
[14:55] <minerpart> ?
[14:58] <minerpart> Bargraphics can you let me back into #actm?
[15:03] <minerpart> Bargraphics why are you banning shareholders from the #actm thread. I was having a calm conversation with you and you barred me. How grown-up is that? Do you think it's reasonable to bar shareholders because you don't agree with their views?

Welcome, minerpart!  Got teh boot from your support group, Activeminers Anonymous?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: