Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:15:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75844 times)
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:35:43 PM

Painfully obvious shill added to ignore list. Roll Eyes

Don't bother drasted...you're wasting your time.
sporket

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:36:47 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 03:50:19 PM by sporket

FIAT wired to the company was kept in FIAT. All BTC on Gox was from BTC pre-orders - no FIAT was sent there. ...

If fiat was kept in fiat, fiat-paying customers would be refunded by now.  They are not.

CoinDesk article detailing Ken scamming a hardware reviewer: http://www.coindesk.com/mining-hardware-companies-miners-roundup/
TL;DR after CoinDesk guy asked for a refund:
The cheque was sent back with an accompanying letter clearly stating the correct spelling of the recipient’s name, just to be sure.

However, mid-March a new cheque arrived containing the same misspelling and, this time, it wasn’t signed either. At this point I started to wonder whether these errors were being done on purpose to delay the refund.

Declining my request to have the funds wired to my bank account instead, VMC will now be sending a third cheque (after receiving the unsigned one back from me).

So, maybe with some luck, some four to five months after applying for a refund, I will actually get my money back.

@solarion:  The money you have invested in Ken is gone, ignoring people won't change a thing.

EDIT:  VMC thread in Scam Accusations:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504424.0
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:45:58 PM

explain to me where i'm incorrect:

1. customer pays in fiat.

2. Customer requests refund in fiat.

Where does mtgox come in to this. MtGox has nothing to do with this. The user asked about refunds from fiat purchases, Ken is the one who brought up MtGox as the reason for not giving the refund.

Wow why are you all so dumb in this Troll thread Huh

Look this is my view and my view only and it's how I would run the company and I think this is EXACTLY what has happened:

The FIAT paid by customers has been put into a pot to actually pay for the equipment they will be getting (I know that might sound strange to you!) and for future mining hardware development. So this FIAT has been assigned and is being utilized to run the company. The BTC COINS paid by customers were assigned to the refund pot. Got it so far? Two pots, two different uses. So when the refund pot was frozen the company had to make alternative arrangements. You can't just pull a load of money out of one side of the business (R+D for example) to pay for refunds if those FIAT funds have already been assigned to R+D. So the freezing of the refund pot on Gox has caused the books to be realigned. THIS causes disruption, takes time and needs to be costed. It's called having a business plan and sticking to it.

NOW GET A BLOODY LIFE!!!
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:46:58 PM

Were the orders paid for in fiat converted to bitcoin and left on mtgox or not?

If the answer to that was yes and yes (which it isn't) what's the problem you see exactly? It's incredible that you can try to make this company look bad due to the failings of a scammer in Hong Kong! Hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars were on Gox when it closed. You are deliberately being STUPID to suggest something out of the ordinary was happening. Thousands of people and businesses were doing the same. The specific MTGox payment service being used by Ken as a business customer was obviously working and efficient and there was no evidence implying that Gox was about to close down. They are the facts.

FIAT wired to the company was kept in FIAT. All BTC on Gox was from BTC pre-orders - no FIAT was sent there. When the BTC value went through the roof it was clearly a good idea to use some of that increase in value to pay refunds. BTC went up by several times, so that boost in the value of these coins was being utilised to pay for the refunds. It's very very VERY simple to understand. Do you really not get it yet?

No issues here. Move on you creeps.

those coins weren't being used because Gox wasn't sending people fiat. And you could have done exactly what you said by holding the coins yourselves. Lots of people got screwed by gox, I would hope that people trying to run businesses in this world would have been smart enough to avoid that.
sporket

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:48:19 PM

@minerpart:

Stop sperging or else Thorazine. Angry
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

So you have the answer now Trolls, you can go back to sleep now. I wouldn't advise any of you to actually try to run a business of your own you clearly have no clue.

Nite nite!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
drasted

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:57:01 PM

The FIAT paid by customers has been put into a pot to actually pay for the equipment they will be getting (I know that might sound strange to you!) and for future mining hardware development. So this FIAT has been assigned and is being utilized to run the company.

And that's what i would expect should happened to it. But it would be nice to hear Ken say it rather than make guesses. And it would be nicer if he answered questions properly instead of blaming MtGox when MtGox wasn't even relevant to the question.
solarion

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:00:49 PM

@solarion:  The money you have invested in Ken is gone, ignoring people won't change a thing.

I invested nothing with Ken. I unfortunately sent funds to hashfast last sept in exchange for a sierra in November. I still don't have any hardware from hashfast 6 months later. I only became interested in this thread and ken's obviously scammy company when I found that others were obtaining hashfast gear from vmc.

...I see nothing to be gained from arguing with shills. ymmv.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:38:58 PM

Looks like you are worse off than me investing in a 'scammy' company. poor you.
solarion

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:44:32 PM

Looks like you are worse off than me investing in a 'scammy' company. poor you.

Thanks for your mock sympathy.

I too sent funds to scammers. Obviously.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:49:24 PM

Your scammer gave our scammer product which he sells to give my scammer dividends. pretty sweet huh.
sporket

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:55:18 PM

Your scammer gave our scammer product which he sells to give my scammer dividends. pretty sweet huh.

You get dividends?  Do tell!
(you can't even trade your shares, afaik Cheesy )
solarion

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:58:04 PM

People seem to delight in the misery of others. Baffling.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:12:26 PM

People seem to latch on to Troll threads and believe the propaganda without doing any research. Baffling.

A scam company shipping in-stock product and giving 300k in refunds. Baffling.
sporket

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:23:33 PM

...and NOT giving $(6,000,000.00 - 300,000.00) = $5,700,000.00 in refunds (Ken claimed that he made $6mil in pre-order sales).

Ken took millions of dollars under the pretext of developing ASICs and building miners. He hasn't done that, but after a year of keeping his family farting through silk with investors' money, he bought 200 HashFast boards to resell.  Pretty much textbook scam Smiley

Of course you, minerpart, are easily baffled.  I suspect such proclivity to confused mental states has contributed to your "investment" in Active Mining.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:34:27 PM

Oh wow you are so right!! So clever! What an enlightening post! You clever boy!!!!!! Not textbook more....TEXTBOOK!!!

what a load of tosh!!!!
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:38:54 PM

He has a good point actually.  Kens recent success is about 0.01% of what we expected when we gave him over $1,000,000 to design a 28nm chip. 
If the eASIC plan is toast, then he has nothing now except a few hashfast boards and a hundred very angry shareholders.
He's just dragging this on, but eventually he has to come up with an explanation as to what happened with our money. 

Knowing that Mycha and Samantha Slaughter were both masturbating in piles of bitcoin, according to their facebook info, then I really don't see where else that money would have went.  His family has obviously profited. 

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

You are another sad little prick. Go play on the train track.

One of your conspiracy theories is proved to be crap and you make up another one. That is proved to be crap and another one comes along! Its boring and very old. Bye Trolls!
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

You are another sad little prick. Go play on the train track.

One of your conspiracy theories is proved to be crap and you make up another one. That is proved to be crap and another one comes along! Its boring and very old. Bye Trolls!

I hope you realize that your full support of this scam could lead to serious consequences for you as well.  I hope you like having your asshole stretched. I have a feeling you would be someones little bitch in prison.  Your unconditional support for ken is very suspicious too.. I wouldn't be surprised if you two are much closer than you try to portray.       

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:40:57 PM

ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!!!!

:-D:-D:-D

You have threatened to shoot someone on here you insignificant little piece of shit. You are the last person who should mention legal justice on this forum. Its all there for posterity and when ACtM shareholders get their divs there will be a lot of them I'm sure who could pool some nice coins and have you uncovered and charged for blackmail and threats to life. You really want to keep your mouth shut and actually I'm telling you to STF up because there are plenty of people who would love to see you face a criminal court. You nasty little man.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: