Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75841 times)
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:33:10 PM

^
I understand that you are not a lawyer, no need to state the obvious.  Since we agree that Ken is not a co-plaintiff in this lawsuit, he is entitled to nothing if the plaintiff class wins.  The amount awarded in case of a win will be divided among the plaintiffs.  Of which Ken ain't one.
So...  What is Ken trying to say again?

It is a class action suite and VMC is in the class.

I think he is trying to say this. But I could be wrong.
NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

^
I understand that you are not a lawyer, no need to state the obvious.  Since we agree that Ken is not a co-plaintiff in this lawsuit, he is entitled to nothing if the plaintiff class wins.  The amount awarded in case of a win will be divided among the plaintiffs.  Of which Ken ain't one.

Is VMC a co-plaintiff, or did you assume that since you lost money, you'll automatically benefit from this class action lawsuit?
P.S:  Do you really have IRL lawyer??
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:42:11 PM

^

Is VMC a co-plaintiff, or did you assume that since you lost money, you'll automatically benefit from this class action lawsuit?
P.S:  Do you really have IRL lawyer??

You don't have to be a co-plaintiff. The "class" is everyone who's lost money, and Mt. Gox will be ordered to produce a list of depositors in that class and they will all be given the option to join the settlement or pursue separate claims.

NotLambchop

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:59:39 PM

You don't have to be a co-plaintiff. The "class" is everyone who's lost money, and Mt. Gox will be ordered to produce a list of depositors in that class and they will all be given the option to join the settlement or pursue separate claims.

Just read the filing and I WAS WRONG!!  Sorry.
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:55:44 AM

Why is there being no action taken to recover the alleged $250,000 + lost to MT GOX?

This is the class action lawsuit filed.
Here is the suit contact the court.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/209823896/Greene-v-MtGox (http://www.scribd.com/doc/209823896/Greene-v-MtGox)

Unless the Gox $250k was another lie?

and asking for it in court would be a felony?

If you knew anything about law, in particular class action suites you would know that if the suit is won then the court would direct MtGox to send all the class members the information needed to recover their funds. 

Yep I stand corrected. You're correct.
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:22:34 PM

Hi Ken, Kris committed to come back to me over 2 weeks ago regarding my query, but I haven’t heard back from her nor from anyone at VMC.

I’m one of your very early pre-order customers (order QNSJBYJUB - August 13) and you and I spoke back in November when VMC was planning to delivery gear by the end of Dec, beginning of Jan at the latest. We then agreed on what my miner’s specs were going to look like given the initially ordered machine was no longer going to be sustainable nor profitable due to shipping delays.

Kris then told me a few weeks back that you were finally about to deliver and your posts/updates seems to imply that you’re now at that stage.

The issue here is that while I should be expecting to be one among your early deliveries, I still don’t know what exactly I’m going to receive. Kris committed to confirm within a couple of days from my email what the exact specs would be to fairly allow me to decide whether I want a refund or keep my order, but all I got is silence.

Given I’ve kept faith in you and been waiting for 7 months now, could you kindly confirm how much hashing power does the miner you’re planning to send me has and when should I expect to receive it by? Before you answer, I pre-empt I expect a RADICAL hashing increase from what you offered me in November. 

Thanks
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:21:33 PM

sorry for your loss.
magzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

Hi Ken, Kris committed to come back to me over 2 weeks ago regarding my query, but I haven’t heard back from her nor from anyone at VMC.

I’m one of your very early pre-order customers (order QNSJBYJUB - August 13) and you and I spoke back in November when VMC was planning to delivery gear by the end of Dec, beginning of Jan at the latest. We then agreed on what my miner’s specs were going to look like given the initially ordered machine was no longer going to be sustainable nor profitable due to shipping delays.

Kris then told me a few weeks back that you were finally about to deliver and your posts/updates seems to imply that you’re now at that stage.

The issue here is that while I should be expecting to be one among your early deliveries, I still don’t know what exactly I’m going to receive. Kris committed to confirm within a couple of days from my email what the exact specs would be to fairly allow me to decide whether I want a refund or keep my order, but all I got is silence.

Given I’ve kept faith in you and been waiting for 7 months now, could you kindly confirm how much hashing power does the miner you’re planning to send me has and when should I expect to receive it by? Before you answer, I pre-empt I expect a RADICAL hashing increase from what you offered me in November. 

Thanks

You have the patience of a saint.

you should ne in the official forum asking this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206488.0

Ken will usually get back with a list of excuses followed by promises that will never materialise.

There's a load of us in the same boat.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:48:38 PM

This is how I feel about now.. I wish life was a cartoon. Smiley

http://youtu.be/ZomwVcGt0LE

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:38:24 AM

Why is there being no action taken to recover the alleged $250,000 + lost to MT GOX?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209823896/Greene-v-MtGox (http://www.scribd.com/doc/209823896/Greene-v-MtGox)

If you knew anything about law, in particular class action suites you would know that if the suit is won then the court would direct MtGox to send all the class members the information needed to recover their funds. 

If you lost $250,000 to gox why would you not attend meetings with attorneys as well as other plaintiffs and court sessions to monitor the progress of the class action lawsuit? What a fucking joke it's not 15 dollars over a stick of faulty ram it's $250,000 why are you not the one to file your own suit, the idiot who did this only had $40,000 in gox.  You need to involve yourself in this preceeding as it will benefit the outcome.  Or are you too fucking scared to show your face on anything official again and again and again and again?
cs54

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:39:21 PM

Ken, as a lawyer, it's 'suit' not 'suite' Smiley
sporket

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:15:25 AM

Lulz.  Ken is The Final Boss!

Weekly Update 4/16/2014
MSD Investigation:  I will be talking with our legal council as to what action I can take with the shares in the next few weeks.  I know everyone is ready to start trading; however, I am in a difficult position at the moment.  I am working on solutions to this problem.  Long term for shareholders, I think CC is the answer.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:34:18 AM

I dont always bleed money out of every orifice and flush it down the toilet, but when i do... I like to hire a bunch of lawyers because looks legit.
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:09:16 AM

Yep I stand corrected. You're correct.

Magzy.

I will post this here. Your recent post in the official thread stated that the recent announcement had caused you to sell 'all your shares'.

Yesterday, you had mentioned that you were now a shareholder in ActM, indeed you made a fairly lengthly post detailing the sums and why you thought ActM is a great buy.

You also mentioned that you purchased these shares on Cryptotrade.

So it is curious to note that after looking at the recent trades on Cryptotrade that there has only been one sell order today, for a single share at 0.00061.

The above doesn't seem to add up. Perhaps ActM was such a great buy you only decided to purchase a single share?

Strange, isn't it?

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:57:59 PM

Strange, isn't it?

Magzy probably accounts for the 24 hour period of volume when he made that post.

It was several thousand shares, about 3 bitcoin worth.

Apart from that there has been no volume for a week.
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:59:13 PM

Hi Ken,

What is the time frame for listing our shares on an exchange?  Is it days, weeks or months?

I think it will be sooner rather than later; however, it is somewhat controlled by the MSD Investigation.

If there must be a further delay, will you consider completing the verification process sooner and before we have access to our shares? This will create a better mood amongst shareholders and would be a good PR move.  If this isn't going to happen please explain why it is not possible.  If it can be done, could you tell me how soon you could do it.

I am planning on doing the verification process sooner.  There are are number of events which are affecting the process.

Are you able to pay out dividends to bitcoin addresses before the shares get listed on an exchange?  This would also be a good PR move on your part.

At the moment the MSD Investigation is controlling this.

You said you are working on some ideas regarding getting us access to our shares.  Can you explain what these are please?

I can't at this time due to the MSD Investigation as they are reading the forum.

If the MSD investigation is preventing you from listing our shares then can you explain why shares continue to be tradable on two other exchanges and why you didn't cease this activity to when you became aware that you couldn't list the tendered shares from Bitfunder.

The shares on the exchanges were being traded before the MSD Investigation.

If this final question can't be answered for legal reasons, I understand, however I would really appreciate you giving as much info as you can. 

I want to get the shares trading; however, I don't want to pour gas on the MSD Investigation.  I have a number of solutions to the problem, one of which is getting the shares registered.  The problem with bitcoin exchanges are that they are not registered.  So, my thinking is CC.  CC is not an exchange, it is a way shareholders can direct trade shares with each other.  So, my thinking is if I can get the shares registered, then shareholder could use CC to trade direct and the SEC would not have a problem with that as long as the shares are registered.

Thank you.
[/quote]
sporket

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:12:31 PM

You said you are working on some ideas regarding getting us access to our shares.  Can you explain what these are please?

I can't at this time due to the MSD Investigation as they are reading the forum.

Cheesy
drasted

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:42:04 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 01:28:07 AM by drasted

I am planning on doing the verification process sooner.  There are are number of events which are affecting the process.

Can you elaborate in what exactly is affecting the process? You've told us before that the verification site is completed and you just needed to upload it. So what's the issue?
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:21:18 PM

Have anyone else , except Bargraphics , received their Prospector Boards ?

I converted my November Paid Pre-Order to Prospector boards 12 days back .
Its been showing ''Shipped'' Since 2 days , But i have not been provided with any tracking number .

What is the status Ken , Please provide the tracking info .

You should be able to contact customer service with issues like these. I'd be curious to hear how easy it is for customers to get in touch with VMC through the proper channels. Could you try and report back?

I have ask the project manager to have the staff enter the tracking information into the shopping cart.

Guys , I have finally received the tracking number , and it shows ''Picked Up'' .
I got a bit confused as i thought it to be a DHL shipping , But i read it here , that ken stated FED-Ex guys will be picking it up .
So , i tried the tracking number on Fed-Ex page , It worked Smiley

I appreciate it Ken , Sorry to bug you with tons of messages :p

I cant believe this is happening .
After waiting for almost 20 days , I receive only 1 prospector board , and not 5 which i ordered .
Ken , this is really not fair .

You made me wait for so long , i placed and order for 5 Prospector boards and you just send me 1 .
I really can't believe this is happening .

Ken , where are my other 4 boards ?

Guys here are the images of my delivery :- http://imgur.com/a/7Azsb

Ken , this is not right buddy .
I paid you full amount in November , and after 5 months , i get 1 prospector board .

Please , ship the rest 4 cards immediately .

bitlind

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:20:52 PM

MSD is the new NDA I guess  Wink

Enjoy the next few months of this
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: