Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Blockchain Survive Without Bitcoin  (Read 3719 times)
Viranz

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:34:20 PM

Maybe at the beginning of blockchain will be messed up when bitcoin is gone. But I'm sure blockchain will improve when they are very prepared or choose a path without bitcoin again.
yvuj101

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:42:17 PM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

The question however is, can blockchain succeed without bitcoin?
A straight answer to your question is yes. But let us look at the relationship between blockchain and bitcoin.

Wikipedia says "Blockchain was invented by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008 for use in the cryptocurrency bitcoin, as its public transaction ledger.[1] The invention of the blockchain for bitcoin made it the first digital currency to solve the double spending problem without the need of a trusted authority or central server."

From the foregoing, blockchain was designed with bitcoin in mind. Therefore, the efficient working of the blockchain is most efficient with bitcoin.

Block chain technology cannot survive without bitcoin almost all block chain processing derived from bitcoin ideas and knowledge other currencies cannot stand strong without the presence of Bitcoin.
Julia Wilson

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:29:52 AM

Blockchain is much more than just the technology behind Bitcoin. Blockchain is a paradigm shift in the technology layers of the world that we live in. There are many use cases or applications of Blockchain in real world.
janhllr

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:33:31 AM

Absolutely it can, and it will. Bitcoin is merely one of the first and most well known uses of the blockchain technology. There are many more possible applications of blockchain technology currently being developed.

The potential impacts of the blockchain are considered so revolutionary that it has been compared to major technological advances like the printing press, telephones, computers and the internet. Check out these exciting companies for example- Ethereum, Provenance, Colony, BackFeed, Ethcore, Enigma.
roll on

Activity: 175
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:44:42 AM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

No. Because bitcoin is just like a personal advertising group that manifest all crypto.
foaman

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:51:01 PM

I cant say that I`m a super expert, but anyway hearing about all this new blockchain technologies I think we will survive, in case
martirosyan666

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:59:57 PM

the blockchain runs other currencies, and with every day that passes this currencies becomes more grounded. so yes obviously the blockchain will survive.
Shadon24

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:10:39 PM

Do you think that one day Bitcoin will no longer need blockchain technology, and vice versa, blockchain technology goes without bitcoin? I think they can exist independently of each other bitcoin can survive without bitcoin
nicpaig

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:18:55 PM

In my own opinion I think it will succeed but we should give credits to bitcoin because as you said it is used as a reference to its success.
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:26:54 PM

Block chain is the technology of Bitcoin, Bitcoin has introduced Block chain to the world. It has made way for Block chain to be acknowledged as a great technology for the future. with that said, we have to also recognize the fact that Block chain technology doesn't solely created just for Bitcoin, it can expand its horizons and I believe it can be successful in any field it may take. For example, the banks are now studying and looking into block chain technology so they can be able to use it, or incorporate it to their current systems for the better. Smiley
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:46:04 PM

We know that the blockchain is that only technology that brought the bitcoin to life which is why it makes sense that blockchain would be able to survive in case the bitcoin disappears.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:58:08 PM

I think blockchain can't survive without bitcoin because it is connected with it. Blockchain also know as the technology of bitcoin through doing transaction or any things you do. But i hope it will happens nowadays because many people used it in the same way many will be affected too. So i hope it will exist long time ago.

Jundel2018

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:03:33 PM

the blockchain runs other currencies, and with every day that passes this currencies becomes more grounded. so yes obviously the blockchain will survive.

Yes blockchain it can survive because it is just where bitcoin is build. But as we all know that the concept of blockchain is paired with bitcoin or shall we say the blockchain is made with bitcoin. Blockchain is not limited with only bitcoin it can be used with saving records such as medical also in apps.
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:10:30 PM

Yes, of course it will because it works; it improves products/services and for the better. It was Bitcoin that was the first use of blockchain technology, it's based upon it, but it certainly won't be the last. We have to remember that these are early days for blockchain and I think some people have compared it to first inventions such as the telephone.

I think hundreds of applications interesting launched in technology blockchain and some of them will get the appeal for sure. blockchain here to stay! bitcoin has play an important role to make blockchain running and put it in a place like right now. but I am very confident that although bitcoin failed in the future, technology blockchain will win.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:12:03 PM

Blockchain is the engine that runs bitcoin. So the two works together and there will no one without the other. Bitcoin will need blockchain to work effectively and also bitcoin has made blockchain technology to be popular.
malbterxic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:27:11 PM

If you look at things objectively, then it becomes obvious that Blockchain already exists regardless of the actions of the BTC, to date, BTC is an excellent tool for traders and market manipulators and nothing more.

meowskie

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:47:25 PM

No, Because blockchain is a transaction of a cryptocurrency which are recorded. And that is the bitcoin, which if bitcoin doesn't exist there is transcation to tthe blockchain.
Elviragreg

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:52:39 PM

I think it could be blockchain technology struggling without bitcoin. Because blockchain technology is created for all digital currencies, not just bitcoins.
Haneul

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:08:14 PM

Of course, the block chain can survive without bitcoin, but bitcoin will not survive and will not work if it's without a block chain. Therefore, block chain and bitcoin both have a very important relationship, for the transaction smoothly. If bolck chain without bitcoin, I think it is impossible, for what appears block chain if there is no bitcoin?
jefrihunter

Activity: 225

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:14:32 PM

well i think of course it will, bitcoin is more like the marketing for blockchain technology which exist even before bitcoin was founded. Although bitcoin did a lot of promotion for the achievement right now, blockchain will still exist and thrive even without bitcoin in the first place, that the blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value and This technology was adopted and improved by satoshi for using it as a backbone of bitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: