Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Blockchain Survive Without Bitcoin  (Read 3723 times)
currencydesigner123

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:54:43 PM

It's no doubt that bitcoin can't exist without blockchain, as this is the cryptocurrency money's characterizing highlight. It has pretty much been around since the inception of the digital currency. The beauty of the blockchain protocol is that it ensures that once a certain level of acceptance, and therefore value, has been achieved, altering the record for nefarious purposes would always demand more computer power (and therefore expense) than the rewards warranted.
deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:55:10 PM

To be honest, bitcoin has the major role why blockchain is known now, but i believe it will survive without the bitcoin. there are many fascinating and interesting projects blockchain has to offer that can maintain its position in the market.
it is true, but altcoin that will replace bitcoin is not necessarily the same price as bitcoin and not necessarily liked by many people

Agreed on the fact that though BITCOIN make BLOCKCHAIN so popular but now BLOCKCHAIN can survive without it because no matter the altcoin is as popular as BITCOIN or not but it will not affect the value of BLOCKCHAIN.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:06:29 PM

yes it is, blockchain can live without because they are manny perspective coins that grows up fast, be reasonable
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:43:39 PM

You should know that Bitcoin does not own the technology rather the technology owns Bitcoin. Thus without the technology, Bitcoin is nothing. The technology is actually the selling point as many projects are using it now.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Serious Miner

Activity: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:49:20 PM

Yes, Blockchain can survive without bitcoin. The blockchain is a technology, who produce a chain to make coins, maybe. I don't know many things about blockchain technology, how it works. But without bitcoin, blockchain technology will not work as before, i think.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:58:41 PM

Blockchain can survive and will survive without BTC, Block chain is just an open ledger upon which BTC transaction are displayed, nothing attaching it to BTC.

Bitcoin to the moon
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:01:30 PM

Blockchain and bitcoin goes hand in hand  but technically yes. Blockchain can survive without bitcoin since blockchain is only a ledger for btc transactions
But what is the use of blockchain if bitcoin is gone already right?
So go back to my first statement. Blockchain and bitcoin goes hand in hand

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Kahoy01

Activity: 481
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:13:30 PM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

The question however is, can blockchain succeed without bitcoin?
I think blockchain not only suits best to bitcoin but also to different technologies out there that require high security features. Most especially social media sites which is the usual targets of hackers to induce invasion of privacy and at some point extortion. Another service that may need blockchain is the banking industry to add another layer of security.

jayo89

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:14:34 PM

I think that the blockade is already used in many areas, for example, the greatest distribution was in business. Many countries are already beginning to develop their own crypto currency. I think that in the first blockade will continue to develop, and secondly I doubt that bitcoin will disappear in the near future!

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:40:15 PM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

Of course yes! Bitcoin uses the Blockchain technology and this is how and why investors indeed love bitcoin. There are a lot of end results in using Blockchain technology to Bitcoin and that is how banks and government sees it. Some of the banks and government does not see bitcoin as a competitor in as a cryptocurrency, to become a enemy of FIATs but what they see is the potentiality of the technology behind bitcoin, the blockchain technology.
asabed256

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:46:52 PM

Blockchain has been accepted already and governments and corporate individuals and companies are spending millions of dollars to explore the benefits of this technology. Most college students in the tech area are directing their steps to the AI and blockchain area.
ayambawang

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:03:01 AM

I think it is impossible and it will be very difficult like falt money if the dollar loses as a standard and their reference, blockchain will lose its balance and reduce the interest of investors because btc is like a powerful magnet that attracts everyone to join in blockchain, and the existence of btc one of the reasons strong because btc has proven that he is a reliable crypto currency

300pips

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:06:43 AM

When you say blockchain,  bitcoin is already embed there. When bitcoin dies majority of alts will not survive.

Google (http://www.google.com)
Advicerabi

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:57:02 AM

Yes of course, because bitcoin is a product produced from a technology called blockchain. And without bitcoin blockchain can make other coins with the sophistication of the technology.
Nithini De silva

Activity: 153

Filtering Good!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:00:41 AM

Sure. Bitcoin is just a one project runs on Blockchain. Without blockchain - No Bitcoin without blockchain there is no way to exist bitcoin!

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
Ch01ce0N3

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:04:24 AM

Bitcoin is the opening gate of the birth of blockchain technology. Blockchain is inspired and motivated by the existence of bitcoin, thus developing a platform or service based on blockchain. So without bitcoin, blockchain would not work. That's in my opinion

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
ListenMiss

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:39:20 AM

Blockchain has survived without bitcoin before now. Blockchain technology is only created as a solution to solve bitcoin issues. Infact bitcoin need blockchain to survive rather blockchain surviving because of bitcoin.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:03:44 PM

I think yes, blockchain is a virtual market wherein they sell lots of electronic currency that are available to sell.
Therefore the blockchain market is not dependent in the company of bitcoin and can exist alone. Not all things will falls down when bitcoin gone.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:32:03 PM

Blockchain technology is where Bitcoin is implemented and i guess that it can survive with or without it. Blockchain technology is a series of blocks that has different hash before we can access the next Block. I guess Bitcoin was made because transactions using Blockchain Technology is very secure and it is not that smart to hack it. You will at least need to be so persistent to achieve what you want in hacking Blockchain.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
MartinAK

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:35:54 PM

Blockchain as a revolutionized technology is equipped with a lot of qualities which is not a hindrance for securing Bitcoin. This really proves that blockchain can survive without Bitcoin. The issue related to it is that most new crytpocuurencies creeping into the market is focusing largely on bitcoin as a standard and thereby granting the large notion that blockchain cannot survive without bitcoin. Notwithstanding that, blockchain serve several functions which are not coherently dependent on bitcoin such as data securing. But I believe for now, blockchain is thriving largely based on bitcoin popularity but in a nutshell, I trust blockchain can survive without bitcoin. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: