Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:40:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Blockchain Survive Without Bitcoin  (Read 3719 times)
lespahten

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:37:25 PM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

The question however is, can blockchain succeed without bitcoin?
Blockchain technology has not only produced bitcoin but almost all coins. Yes we know that bitcoin is the king of coins but even if bitcoin went down there are still other coins than can take over. We have altcoins right now that have potential to over throw bitcoin as the number one coin.

The technology will only die if there will be a more superior way to replace it.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:44:46 PM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

Yes it will! The blockchain technology is so much powerful and it is the reason why many investors are continuing to use and to buy virtual currency. I am sure that the blockchain can survive even without bitcoin.

Jihuny23

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:58:45 PM

Yeah, it is very likely once that blockchain can survive without bitcoin. Now it's been proven by the blockchain itself. Blockchain can already stand for basic platform ethereum and others. Meaning bitcoin is not something that is important for blockchain. This blockchain is a standalone technology that anyone can use anywhere without bitcoin. So if you do not have bitcoin then you can take advantage of blockchain technology through other platforms. But, if it is reversed whether bitcoin can survive without blockchain then the answer is no. Bitcoin can not survive without the underlying blockchain technology of bitcoin.
pjr77

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

blockchain itself is an independent technology, therefore, rather bitcoin can not exist without blockchain, and not vice versa.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:20:52 AM

We all know that Blockchain is an international crypto exchanger where millions of people transacts their crypto currencies every day but we are also aware of this fact that bitcoin is the backbone of all the crypto currencies and I think it is the bitcoin only because of which all other crypto currencies became popular and bitcoin is the superstar of all the crypto currencies so I don’t think that not only Blockchain but all other exchanges could not survive without bitcoin.
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:23:59 AM

I think it will survive easilly because it's not even close to be the one and only having their own blockchain, There are also Ethereus, NEO, EOS, Waves and etc. Every project is having it own blockchain.
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 07:31:42 AM

Blockchain is the technology  that supports bitcoinus. Bitcoin is more like the product while blockchain the process (if my analogy is appropriate) .it is possible to focus more on the blockchain in theory but in practice not the case. We will always have bitcoins
leoasdnedc

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

Sure yes, blockchain will survive even without bitcoin,because blockchain technology is so popular I'm sure that if bitcoin disappear then blockchain will continue to exist and be used for transactions.
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 07:35:48 AM

You made a better simplification  than I did. People seem to think the blockchain and bitcoin  are one and the same. Some day, almost all things will be on the blockchain not necessarily because of bitcoin  but because of it security and its other unctionality
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:39:06 AM

maybe because we know that bitcoin is not the only coin so if bitcoin is gone block chain can still survive with othercoins

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Marcommaso

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:41:58 AM

Blockchain is a general purpose technology to exchange informations and\or values between people, without a central server who give it thrust. Out of cryptovalues world it has a lot of applications, like in the medical field: some experimental sanitary system adopt it to keep up-to-date and online medical files of patients or the business plan of the structure, with a very high level of thrustness. Without blockchain everyone in hospital can access a pc and change health informations about patients. With blockchain, to do a change like this, you need your private key as digital sign.
TricksterX

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 07:52:32 AM

IMHO, bitcoin and blockchain is the different parts, blockchain  is an technology, bitcoin is an brand, people know btc better than its blockchain, so they should be together
waqasanwar95

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:57:25 AM

Bitcoin is only coin who is base of all coins and blockchain will survive without it but it was very difficult to survive bitcoin bitcoin is father of blockchain
Balayashi

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:00:38 AM

That is a tricky question. If you're asking if the BTC blockchain will survive without it, doubt it, since that blockchain was built with a propose. If you are asking about the technology it self, totally. Actually nowdays it already survives without bitcoin.
You have other coins with they're own blockchains, you have framework like hyperledger that allows you to build blockchains without bitcoin etc.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:01:07 AM

Strange question.
Blockchain is technology only.
Survive without bitcoin is possible but this not for cryptocurrency.
Ondre

Activity: 238

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:15:44 AM

I think it will survive even without Bitcoin because with the presence of thousands of crypto currencies in the coin cap market that uses blackchain. Thats the reason why blackchain will survive even without Bitcoin.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:26:53 AM

I think it will survive even without Bitcoin because with the presence of thousands of crypto currencies in the coin cap market that uses blackchain. Thats the reason why blackchain will survive even without Bitcoin.

True, man. But aside from supporting other coins, blockchain can be used for other applications as well. It's already being used in healthcare, engineering and even in the automotive industry. It has so many uses that it will definitely survive without bitcoin. I heard rumors that the goal really is to have a virtual currency in the future. Virtual technology will be big, that mixed realities will be harnessed to create a better world. What do you think of this kind of future?
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:36:31 AM

Strange question.
Blockchain is technology only.
Survive without bitcoin is possible but this not for cryptocurrency.

I guess blockchain Is part of the bitcoin. Base on my research Blockchain was invented by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008 to serve as the public transaction ledger of the cryptocurrency bitcoin.The invention of the blockchain for bitcoin made it the first digital currency to solve the double-spending problem without the need of a trusted authority or central server.

So In my opinion, blockchain cant be survive If bitcoin will gone
tristana443

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:46:26 AM

sure. Bc can die, but blockchain is not. BTC is only a blockchain product, and blockchain is the technology of the future.
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:46:56 AM

no one can know the answer to your question because we can not know for sure the future of the cryptocurrency when it will survive or will develop the most important is to take advantage of the opportunities that exist to gain an advantage in investment
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: