Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Blockchain Survive Without Bitcoin  (Read 3719 times)
VK.point

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:02:43 AM

are not they related to each other. between blockchain and bitcoin.
the water in the ocean will still exist even without the fish. it looks like blockchain will still exist even without bitcoin. but will be more successful if bitcoin also achieves its success.

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:14:50 AM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

The question however is, can blockchain succeed without bitcoin?
Yes there are many implementations of blockchains that do not use bitcoin, But it really depends on what you define success. If you define success as a permissionless innovation - the ability for any person to be able to build applications or transact with a blockchain without needing permission from another person or organization then yes you need a public blockchain like those of bitcoin ethereum litecoin etc. That's why people often compare public blockchain to the internet. The internet has enabled several billion people to communicate with greater frequency and efficiency in terms of time and cost and most importantly without censorship in most countries. Public blockchains have the same benefits for transactions. A public blockchain is like an intranet only accessible to those who have been granted permission to use it. So if you define success as enabling multiple parties to transact with each other creating operational efficiencies for transactions that couldn't otherwise be achieved through database then yes blockchain can succeed without bitcoin.
hacking13

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:29:08 AM

Technically, yes, there are many implementations of blockchains that do not use bitcoin.  It is a fact that Blockchain Technology was first invented and implemented for Bitcoin. After the successful implementation, blockchain was considered as a revolutionary technology which can bring transparency in the system. Apart from the Bitcoin, there are many industries like banking, insurance, supply chain, etc, where blockchain can be implemented.

So, yes blockchain will do well without bitcoin
wireless1889

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:32:46 AM

Blockchain Technology was driven to fame by its application on Bitcoin Gold due to its encryption that has been considered hacker proof. Bitcoin has been used as a reference to its success, providing a secure network for users.

Probably no, because bitcoin is the most popular coin, and therefore most users are into bitcoin. If the bitcoin will be gone, blockchain will be useless, because its market are bitcoin users, so how will you survive if the market was gone. Bitcoin can drag everything.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:42:45 AM

I think that blockchain can survive without btc as it is much more significant for large companies. it is a system of the future which will be always used and it will continue developing always regardless of coins

dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

I don't believe that blockchain can survive without bitcoin. Both bitcoin and blockchain drives each other and that's why we are able to enjoy it's benefits today. They are inseparable. You can't remove bitcoin from blockchain and expect nothing to happen. It will have a great impact on the technology. There is no way blockchain can be exist without cryptocurrency.
libratiz

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:23:51 PM

Blockchain is a technology that will change how things are done and contrary to the believe that blockchain might not survive without bitcoin, its the other way round as bitcoin survival is reliant on the continued advancement of blockchain and the reason is simple. While a lot of comments and countries have been against bitcoin, which has been about either regulating or banning totally, I have not read any argument against the blockchain technology and even a lot of commendations and continued development in that regard.
Eric Medeiross

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:43:42 PM

I think yes. Bitcoin plays an important role in the success of blockchain technology. However, that is not the decisive factor for the success of blockchain technology. Without bitcoin I think the blockchain technique will still work.
Soneo

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:53:01 PM

I think Now we are looking at ready-made examples of how blockchain technology lives beyond cryptocurrency. I hope in a few years of elections in a democratic country will be held using blockchain technology.
And I think Blockchain will survive without bitcoin in any industry. And bitcoin is the first in it.
Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:58:03 PM

For me, I think blockchain can survive without bitcoin. Bitcoin contributes a lot in the success of blockchain but in the other hand, blockchain can still run without bitcoin but I think the success rate of blockchain will reduce without bitcoin.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Chachen19

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:23:36 PM

Blockchia technology can exist without the need for bitcoin, as dogs can survive without cats, but dogs and cats that also exist will make life more interesting and meaningful. Blockchain can  Survive Without Bitcoin
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 04:33:23 PM

Of course because blockchain world is very big!
Not just bitcoin and crypto, blockchain can be use on many platform such as bank, gaming and etc
Blockchain is not rely on bitcoin and altcoin world

solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:36:45 PM

I believe blockchain can survive without Bitcoin. Some organizations too may soon start using the blockchain technology. That will further lead to further solidification of the blockchain technology. With this, even if Bitcoin cease to exist, blockchain will still live on.
billbear

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:07:33 PM

In my opinion there is already a bunch of projects that can compacted with bitcoin just it is not that popular as bitcoin is, so my thought is that bitcoin is not the core of cryptocurrency anymore.
Larrycool

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:40:24 PM

Yes, Blockchain will survive, bitcoin is blockchain and blockchain is bitcoin. I will like to say that bitcoin drives blockchain into its popularity of today. Blockchain wouldn't have started or existed from the scratch. But been as it may, Bitcoin is the Pioneer or mother coin had built and developed Blockchain for it's survival. However, the existence of this Blockchain had fascinated so many other Altcoins with various innovation of different concept and methodology.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:40:25 PM

I think bitcoin helped blockchain thrive but now it that blockchain is thriving it can easily do without because blockchain is applied in many fields
hellgreen

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:48:51 PM

Of course it is. Bitcoin is one form of cryptocurrency. There are lots of another forms, such as Etherium for example. And Blockchain is technology that work with any kind of cryptocurrency
KobeBriant 24

Activity: 205

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:27:54 PM

What the heck, it is more than obvious that there is no way to have a bitcoin if there is no blockchain, and vice-versa, it is obvious and you don't need to be Satoshi in order to understand that. Just a little bit of knowledge about bitcoin will let you know that

Jose Rizal

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:53:08 PM

I think this is pretty impossible for now since Blockchain co-exist with this cryptocurrency it is kind of joke if there would be blockchain without the existence of cryptocurrency it its area, I think this two work together to create an amazing bond for a way for us to have a successful mode of transaction which if happened it may lessen the burden of every individual who would like to be involved.

Baden6

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:09:36 PM

Maybe, but if the bitcoin is gone it will probably lower the person using the blockchain.
Due to a sophisticated cryptographic protection system, Blockchain offers a much safer experience than traditional banking. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: