Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:44:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17430 times)
ExpertTechnology

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:37:55 PM

100% of the correct way to identify scammers does not exist. But still you need to study the project to the smallest detail. Read the white paper, monitor the team, read reviews of other participants on the forum.
hoodi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:40:19 PM

That's very good question, scams are getting more and more advanced and only intuition and experience can help you.

PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:18:29 PM

With 100% probability it is impossible to determine the Scam or not. But to minimize the risk you need to carry out a detailed analysis of the project:

1. To explore the idea of the project, WhitePaper, RoadMap.
2. Is there a prototype of a project or an existing business?
3. To study the project website, learn SoftCap, HardCap.
4. Evaluate the team's activity in the topic of the announcement and in social networks.
5. Was there a Pre-Sale and how successfully?
6. To get acquainted with the project team, with their pages in social networks.
7. Are there any known list of stock exchanges where listing is planned?
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:05:24 PM

I think it's important to know whether the ICO project is trustworthy or not, always see the whitepaper, roadmap and team profile of the ICO project, because in the project whitepaper you can see the idea of the project, if it is plagiarism and team profile also false, then certainly the project is just a scam project

Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:09:11 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

You should take a look at the many posts that deal with this, countless really in the forum they are. Now, if you want a check that will discard 90% of the scams: check the team.
cryptozw

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:11:54 PM

Scammers are easy to find out. First of all they try by all means to hide their true identities. But there are a few things that will always appear sketchy for Scam ICOs;

1. Their whitepaper at most will not by clear or rather the English will not be good as they often do their things in an abrupt way, though some now tend to be more organised.
2. If you do background checks of the teams behind the project as will be listed on the website or their whitepaper, most of them use fake identities or to some extent fictitious characters.
3. They do not often stick to their laid our road map.
4. You will often realize after they run away with your investment Huh

Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:13:16 PM

Scammers are easy to find out. First of all they try by all means to hide their true identities. But there are a few things that will always appear sketchy for Scam ICOs;

1. Their whitepaper at most will not by clear or rather the English will not be good as they often do their things in an abrupt way, though some now tend to be more organised.
2. If you do background checks of the teams behind the project as will be listed on the website or their whitepaper, most of them use fake identities or to some extent fictitious characters.
3. They do not often stick to their laid our road map.
4. You will often realize after they run away with your investment Huh

agree, you should look carefully at the language they use in their whitepaper and roadmaps. and i would recommend you to look at the team members, maybe to google some extra information about them and check if they are real.

Rostock

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:19:15 PM

In order to understand what ICO project is in front of you, the first thing you need to take is to read the white sheet. Next, you need to get acquainted with the team that is working on this project. In order to participate in the bounty company of this project, you also need to. view how much interest or what amount is allocated to the bounty company. The most important thing is to understand whether anyone needs this project at all.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:26:41 PM

In my opinion ICO must have the face! It is the first one. Team must be real.
Also, announcements, they must be, sometimes I find some few information official Twitter/Facebook pages and noname Website, so I wouldn't invest in something like that. Everything must be transparent, remember it. It doesn't mean simple, but it mustn't have underwater rocks.
#Bentley

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:30:53 PM

I think that there is no single way to understand - this project is a scam-project or not. For an experienced person this is not a problem. Trust your intuition. That's all I can say.
ExpertTechnology

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:55:35 PM

A very clear indicator of a successful ICO in the future is its support at the stage of origin by some cult personalities from the world of crypto-currencies. Such as Charlie Lee, Roger Ver and others.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:26:19 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

Right now ICO can be a rip-off if the people who's developing the coin or token are nameless or they are hiding their genuine identity, another is while the records regarding their challenge is a replica from different initiatives just like the roadmap, whitepaper, or maybe their website online is similar to a domain that has already been offline.
3kpk3

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:33:20 AM
Merited by Haunebu (2)

With 100% probability it is impossible to determine the Scam or not. But to minimize the risk you need to carry out a detailed analysis of the project:

1. To explore the idea of the project, WhitePaper, RoadMap.
2. Is there a prototype of a project or an existing business?
3. To study the project website, learn SoftCap, HardCap.
4. Evaluate the team's activity in the topic of the announcement and in social networks.
5. Was there a Pre-Sale and how successfully?
6. To get acquainted with the project team, with their pages in social networks.
7. Are there any known list of stock exchanges where listing is planned?

I agree with some of your points. Among the points that you mentioned, I feel that the points 1 and 3 are the most important ones when compared to the rest.

- Whitepaper: An ICO with a comprehensive whitepaper is usually legitimate
- Roadmap: An ICO that has planned everything in advance through a detailed roadmap is worth checking out
- Softcap and Hardcap: An ICO that has optimal softcap and hardcap requirements(Based on bull or bear market) seems legit in my opinion

Apart from these points, the developer team and their social media interactions also play a big role in determining whether a particular ICO is worth investing into or not.

Adreman23

Activity: 1366
Merit: 107

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:14:18 AM

Doing a research is very important for you to avoid scam ICO's. First you need to research the team of the project if they are real or only using fake identity. Try to search their youtube videos promoting the project like their meetings on their project partners, etc. And next is the product, ask yourself first if the project looks promising and possible to succeed or not? You must need to analyze that because your investment depends on that. Observe first before you decide to invest.

ryker6688

Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 07:27:02 AM

I think ICO risk investment is inevitable but I recommend some guests to avoid scam
1. What is the project you invest in? The purpose of the project!
2. Who is the development team, ICO almost depends on team leader!

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
mgrbtc

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:57:11 AM

Grin The first thing I look at is whether the world needs this product. So many things have now appeared, and much of this will never really be applied in real life. I would never invest in such projects, no matter how promising the team was.
Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:28:46 AM

In my very own opinion on how you will choose a good ico or project better if you read and study the white paper in order for you to avoid scam icos or projects because most of the scam ico have a bad white paper.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:33:32 AM

i guess the best way to check if an ICO is a scam is to check the number of members in their telegram group. If you seeaybe more than 3000 members it has the chance that it is not a scam. Another way is to see their white paper, if it is clean and well presented then there is a possiblity that it is not a scam.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:35:12 AM

There are a lot of different factors. I usually look at the community stats, the whitepaper, product development, rating websites. The most useful information you can get from the token sale progress and from the developers of a particular ICO. Just talk to them and you will see it.
changxia

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:40:36 AM

No one can guarantee that your investment is 100% safe, because even a legitimate ICO project can fail for a variety of reasons!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: