Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:31:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17430 times)
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:15:42 AM

There are many ways to find out that ICO is a scam. You can see it by checking the background of admins and founders. Here you will see if they are transparent and they are true of their project.

All investment is risky so you should study it carefully so you do not lose the money you earn.
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:23:30 AM

You can check some project ICO scam with using fake data for owner and team, other way to know fake and scam ICO always publish fake document about their coin sell, many time I faced an ICO project give incorrect data about their coin sold,
sodiik

Activity: 553
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:26:30 AM

This is certainly not an easy thing to check whether ico is scam or not, but if you want to invest in ico it is important to do this so that you don't get stuck in the wrong ico, maybe one of them is by looking for the profile of the project, whether the team is involved professional people you can also ask people who are more experienced in ico before, and learn more about the ico

dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:43:11 AM

Usually the trusted ICO certainly has a verified team. With that, it is likely that ICO scam is very low. But for a successful and good ICO, of course you have to analyze more deeply to find out whether the ICO is successful or not. So it all depends on our decision. If you want to invest.
Shadovka

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:45:49 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

From what i know there is no fool proof plan to filter out scam ICO from legit ICO but you can increase the chance of choosing a legit ICO firstly whitepaper team members and MVP.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:44:36 AM

it is very difficult to choose ico at this time but if you want to choose you can use some references from the review site ico the rest do your own research and look for ico that does not have competitors (similar projects) and there is no indication of fake team
There are lots of ICOs in the market but it seems hard to find a genuine ICO as there are many fake ICOs going on. It is very important to have knowledge to what we are dealing with and do research in order to be guided accordingly. Read the company whitepaper to know more about their vision, mission, roadmap, team, team’s qualification. Browsing social media pages can also keep us in touch and be aware with their social media pages and keep an eye to the activities like events, and token sale.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 06:06:33 AM

I think there are solid guidelines when investing in an ICO. Make sure you research the team and their jurisdiction, to ensure they are not violating any laws. Also, make sure you read the whitepaper and find if the ideas in it make sense. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose, and also realize there are plenty of good coins, making some of the newer coins pointless.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 06:55:09 AM

Usually the trusted ICO certainly has a verified team. With that, it is likely that ICO scam is very low. But for a successful and good ICO, of course you have to analyze more deeply to find out whether the ICO is successful or not. So it all depends on our decision. If you want to invest.
Scammers make almost all ICOs look bad so we must be smart in choosing not to be weak, let's stay strong, stay patient and keep learning so we can better recognize good projects in the future. Wink
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 07:16:08 AM

Unfortunately checking out the ICO if it is not a scam is not really sure because for some information that given by their projects I also can't tell if it is a scam. What I only do is checking their white papers and team background and the bounty manager for a sure sign that it's not gonna be a scammed projects.

Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 07:16:43 AM

I think there are solid guidelines when investing in an ICO. Make sure you research the team and their jurisdiction, to ensure they are not violating any laws. Also, make sure you read the whitepaper and find if the ideas in it make sense. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose, and also realize there are plenty of good coins, making some of the newer coins pointless.
for investment in ICO there is no specific guideline to be able to find out whetherico is a scam or not because many of their cases are only good when in the initial game they are very responsive, and after reaching the softcap target they begin to ignore investors and start to move away, many cases like that .
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 07:17:09 AM

I will rather advice to stay away from ICO till it got listed on exchange as the bear market still have a very large impact on the price even after listed on exchange to drop and that will even be a change to buy more than what you will buy at ICO stage to have a good start and looking in to the team and what the project is all about is another thing to look out for and how well the community is willing to use or support the project is another significant potential to make it big.
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 07:37:59 AM

it is difficult to know whether the ICO was scam or not, especially when the ICO took place sometimes it was not according to their plans and some of them stopped. I can't guarantee that but at least we need to examine the overall contents of the project and how the team experiences in managing the project beforehand.
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 07:47:52 AM

I've wise up now in selecting ICO to invest ,i like ICOs with location address and phone numbers to get in touch with the teams and the most careful part an investor must do this days to avoid getting scammed is doing thoroughly research on the teams ,who knows there might be a fake stolen profile among the teams so you can easily back off
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 08:00:02 AM

as works on moderation to gives with confirmation investors might put with confidence to leave on spares as reference on limit to gains with the request as collecting numbers of returns to manage as the terms of compliance.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 09:14:49 AM

For a beginner, it is best to find an experienced team of investors and join the so-called pool. This will make your investment much safer. To understand the risks, I want to warn you, do not invest more than 10% of your savings. To date, 8 out of 10 projects are scam.

Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 09:37:17 AM

No one will advise 100% successful ico. Of course, you can understand all technical documents for a long time, communicate with the team, pay attention to partners, but there is no 100% guarantee. The only thing I can advise is to see how hardcap quickly assembled. If hardcap meets in a matter of days or even hours, then, in my opinion, this is a worthwhile project.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
siena23

Activity: 2366

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 10:03:25 AM

If I usually read the whitepaper first, and of course the experience from the developer is also important. So if you are afraid of losing your money I suggest investing in ICO, because it is very risky. So if you are ready to invest in ICO that means you are ready to lose your money.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:02:43 AM

I believe that we must check the white paper and the team behind the project. Team with experience and reputation is am advantage, it is really hard to find a legit ico now a days, I see that there are a lot of scam ICO from the fast few months. So we need to be more careful of choosing ICO specially it involve money we can loss a huge amount of money if we don't be more careful on choosing.
Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 11:23:48 AM

Honestly speaking, we can't check 100% sure if the ICO project is scam or not because many ICO projects before has a good team and good start but at the end of the ICO, it ended up a scam. Some are not typically scam
but stops after not hitting the cap and making the project discontinue.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:33:44 AM

You can’t check it out. Because most of the fraudsters cheaters. They use advertising tricks, make good websites, show that they have already collected a lot of money.

Now it is too difficult to cure a quality project from fraudsters.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: