Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17428 times)
Cryptotalk08
Copper Member

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:50:00 PM

It is really not easy to find out individual ICOs legit or scam. In my opinion, you must check their whitepaper, check team members profile info, telegram group or channel activity, see their adviser board.it is a very hard decision in investing ICOs. Do not think about what others people says,do your own research then you can find legit one beside the scam ICOs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:57:30 PM

It is really not easy to find out individual ICOs legit or scam. In my opinion, you must check their whitepaper, check team members profile info, telegram group or channel activity, see their adviser board.it is a very hard decision in investing ICOs. Do not think about what others people says,do your own research then you can find legit one beside the scam ICOs.
Indeed it is a very difficult task. It is necessary to carry out this study, which takes a lot of time and effort.
The most important thing is not to do rash actions, if there is even the slightest doubt in ico, then it is better to refuse to invest. There are almost no good ico at the moment.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:42:58 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 

Basically, you will experience a difficulty when you, your self will be just the one who will going to figure out if the ICO is scam or not. You need some other people that will help you figure it out because it is very hard to know it by just using a method called inspection.

Actually, it is very difficult to understand if the ICO is good or not. Now, even the best road map and the whitepaper will not give you the chance to realize it. Probably, it is better not to risk and to work with alts.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:21:35 PM

In my opinion the best option is to check the telegram community and to talk with admins. When everything seems legit, I would switch to the whitepaper and the product development level. If these are great, it should be legit.
There are such projects in which administrators in telegrams channels do not respond for few weeks. But at the end the project turns out to be fair.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:30:21 PM

Knowing whether a a particular ICO would be scam or not is a possibility of doubt that everyone investing is going through as no one can deduce or know whether is a scam one or not. Just as that all the criteria for ICO would be followed by them.
Marina5

Activity: 439
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:34:12 PM

In this case, you should need deep analysis. You can check their official website and white paper. You can also check their social media activities. Find out their team members and see how much potential the project is.

══════════════☛MEGATRON☚═════════════
THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:46:53 PM

In this case, you should need deep analysis. You can check their official website and white paper. You can also check their social media activities. Find out their team members and see how much potential the project is.

despite all checks a certain restriction risk remains. but nevertheless rule no. 1 applies.
never invest without knowing exactly. about team and product Wink
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:03:09 PM

despite all checks a certain restriction risk remains. but nevertheless rule no. 1 applies.
never invest without knowing exactly. about team and product Wink
Some ICO teams have devised so many ways to evade detection. Although, if we can be patient enough to make our findings, the better.
A genuine team will only give a guarantee of a fraud free ICO.
While a good product can guarantee the continuity and success of the project.
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:31:04 PM

I think there are many ways to check.First of all, I look in the team to see if they are valid or not.Ico website is also professionally developed.Roadmap & whitepaper also can hive you sign of the ICO.And many experts are there who give review ICO where we can know ICO is scam or valid.       
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:37:15 PM

It's not as easy as it sounds. In any case, sooner or later you will lose your money almost every day. And this is normal, because the course is unstable. Also beware of scam.
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 05:40:34 PM

Things are very complicated these days even more trusted ICO projects fail, you can check their white paper or roadmap and try researching their sites also social media. Have a look about the team and it's development this will surely give you a clear idea analyze as much as you can and hopefully you will find it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:53:55 PM

Investing in ICO is indeed very risky. That's because almost all ICOs are scam and have no uses. Actually it is very difficult to know whether the ICO is good for use or not. But what is usually done to find out is to do deepening in detail such as checking the whitepaper, team, and and the number of followers. But it's usually beyond expectations. There are ICOs that fail before entering the market, but there are also ICOs who can enter the market but cannot compete and eventually die. This is very difficult, if you want to get a better advantage to choose coins that really have good development, this will provide certainty.
soramon

Activity: 983

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:02:24 PM

Choosing an ICO is hard task nowaday, because number of scam projects is high. But if you can selecting good project you will gain profit. You can check the whitepaper of the project it cointains many information that you need. From the team, goals & product.

seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:54:58 PM

Of the many ICOs that cheat a lot, we must avoid it, they just want to get their own benefits and harm many people. The way to avoid this is to analyze several important elements of a project, maybe there are already many people here who say it. In my opinion by looking at the Team, a complete website, products and distribution of tokens, there are still many and you have to find out for yourself more effectively.
unbotak

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:26:18 PM

Choosing an ICO is hard task nowaday, because number of scam projects is high. But if you can selecting good project you will gain profit. You can check the whitepaper of the project it cointains many information that you need. From the team, goals & product.
yes,at least if we are researched in choosing projects then we can minimize mistakes in choosing even though it will not completely prevent us from fraudsters.
so you should not be lazy to analyze every aspect of the ICO.
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 07:30:45 PM

Usually I observe the project team, if I find something strange. I will definitely start to be suspicious of the project. whether it's a good project or not as long as their team has original data I don't think it's a scam project. so the first thing you have to observe is the project team.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:34:07 PM

I think it's easy to identify! If the amount of money they are needing is not justifiable enough for you to distrust and not invest. Failure to meet deadlines can also be another possibility or fraud in your documents or in the people involved.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:37:08 PM

Few things to analyze; Project, team and their profiles, amount allocated, infrasturcture is in place, partnership and how long they are into their business. Spend enough time in getting these details checked. These would certainly finalyze if the ICO is a scam or a legit. We did and do have scam ICOs as like legit ones.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:41:21 PM

I think it is very hard to understand the situation of investment on ICO and to find it is good or scam will be the most important and very difficult thing for and investors because we don't know about any ICO in the beginning stage the final result one day will give the complete statement of it.

cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:45:44 PM

Due to the current market situation I only trust in projects that can provide a working product before the token sale launch. In this point I have a guarantee that such an ICO is not a scam and I would invest in it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: