Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:23:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17428 times)
digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 05:24:53 PM

Have any of you invested in ICO recently? In my opinion it is inefficient and fatal business. ICO dead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sellman

Activity: 406
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:38:47 PM

besides what you have mentioned in my opinion we also do not need to make a decision too quickly.
It is better to observe the ICO's development first, if we think that the ICO is indeed feasible, then we can decide to invest in the ICO because at the moment there are many ICOs that stop in the middle of the road so we have to wait at least half the ICO period.
Two aspects should observe ICOs are: the developments of projects that run ICOs, as you mentioned; and the movements of prices on exchanges after ICOs ended. If we can see that developments are good or at least acceptable, and price movements show signals of bottom out, we can buy at low price and wait for chances to take profits when development come to product releases.
galundan9

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:51:21 PM

Have any of you invested in ICO recently? In my opinion it is inefficient and fatal business. ICO dead.

seeing ICO nowadays there are many projects that have the potential to scam but there are also good ones among them, we just have to be smart in analyzing a project.
even though business is fatal in your opinion, but if the team behind the ICO is still active it will be potentially good.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:09:35 PM

A good ICO always has an active group Admin. Who always answers member questions. And a good ICO always provides updates about developments or milestones that are obtained. Also, they have good partners.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:13:13 PM

if at the start admin was active, and then they get some fund lets say 1M$, and then the group was silent over a week no activities from admin or the team member, we can say that project was scam.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:37:36 PM

I would suggest to read the whitepaper and do a background check for the team members if its a real or fake people and if you are looking for a good project who has a big potential then you need to make deep research about the real use-case of their product.

Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 11:38:17 PM

It really hard to detect a scam project these days because most newly scam project already developed the idea of the real ones and do exactly the way the real ones appear. One thing you should always watch out for is the interaction within the project team and the community.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:47:16 PM

As you know most of ICO's are scam now a days but you can check about trusted ICO's you should need to check their all social links and ICO,S ranking sites.

Script

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 09:17:14 PM

Indeed, in practice it is very difficult to identify fraudulent ICOs, because fraudsters are creative. You must check the technical document for errors and inaccuracies, as well as check the personal profiles of team members and the activity of administrators and managers.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 09:47:27 PM

The probability of investing in an ICO now that is not a scam is very low. Checking the social media platforms and reading the whitepaper can guarantee you success in your research to determine, if it is scam or not. I will just advise, anyone not to invest more than  you are willing to loose. Invest wisely. I think the IEO is beginning to gain wave and should be a better option.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
Hans Groober

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:49:39 PM

As for me what I normally do is to go to icodrops.com and search about the ico that I wanna invest in and also I searched on ico bench they also do review about ico project both site give good reviews about ico if it's a scam or not

This is a good site and there is a lot of useful information about projects. But I don’t even believe this site, because they make money from advertising and there is a possibility that they were paid money just for advertising this project.
Until I myself am sure that the project is not scammers I will not invest in it.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:00:23 PM

~snip~

This is a good site and there is a lot of useful information about projects. But I don’t even believe this site, because they make money from advertising and there is a possibility that they were paid money just for advertising this project.
Until I myself am sure that the project is not scammers I will not invest in it.
Just check it mate, you believe that the project is not a scam but you'll never invest with it. I've never understand of what you've trying to say for the beginners and it only causes them doubts.
Supposedly, if we will found that certain project have its potential, have no indications of scam and we can prove that it is a legit project then we can assured that is a project we've looking for and good for our investment.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
yo_mama

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:23:15 PM

There are many ways as others mentioned such as quality of whitepaper, website, authenticity of team, advisors, presence of institutional backing etc. But unfortunately, you'll never truly know until after the ICO is concluded.

You can have an ICO with the best presentation, and still turn out to be a scam. Why?

There are cases of which seemingly legit ICOs with good quality presentation exit without returning investors' fund, simply because they can't raise enough money during ICO. People lose interest in this bear market and the number of ICO investors declines sharply. And unfortunately when these ICO founders are hit by the harsh reality which they weren't prepared due to their plain ignorance and over confidence - very common in the blockchain industry, they change their mind and decide to "recover the loss" and "save their ego" by taking away whatever investor's fund, instead of returning they money and acknowledging their failure and incompetence.

Do a google search "legit ICO turn to exit scam" and you'll find out the unpleasant fact.

Probably the only ICOs giving you more confidence are the ones run by established "conventional" businesses instead of blockchain startups. Even if their ICOs fail, it's more likely they'll return your fund, because they are well established businesses, and so less likely to risk their existing reputation by scamming.

But who knows, even these established businesses may still keep your money - they won't exit, but will come up with some shameless excuses (some of which have been already demonstrated, like "you failed to pass KYC / AML / identity check / xxxx compliance" or "blockchain technical issues"), if they are really desperate in getting profit. Remember even Coinbase (and some other crypto exchanges) have a notorious history of "disappearing" customers' deposits, which saw a surge during the crypto mania in 2017. If this happens, your only hope remains in a class action.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:28:26 PM

First of all check the OP's trust feedback of ANN thread,then visit the scam accusationfor any issues over that ICO by doing this you can ignore 80% of scam projects.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:34:33 PM

It will be a bad idea to invest in ICO project considering how the crypto ecosystem is changing. IEO is the new way to invest into a crypto project which is scam free. If you are still investing into ICO projects then you are at your own risk of either losing your money or buying a scam crypto coin. ICO is dead now.....
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:34:52 PM

There are some important factors I consider, first is the project itself, the development team, and the community supporting the ICO. It has to be new and improved idea of a project, this has to attract the people and let them see what's in it for them. Secondly, development team should be real and good credentials, it is one of the biggest factor. And lastly, the people that will support the ICO, larger community mean bigger potential.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:39:41 PM

the way everyone is different, but I will explain a little how I choose ICO, so I do not get scam.
- I will first see who is involved in the ICO, like who is the Bounty Manager and the authenticity of their Team.
- I will read their Whitepaper, how do they work and whether the profit sharing from ICO makes sense.
- and finally, whether the ICO is listed on ICO recommendation sites such as ICO Bench, Tokenmarket and others.
be diligent in asking and don't be lazy to find out.

Odonko

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:07:59 PM

One common thing about scam ICOs is that the offer more than they can achieve. Make your own research about the project and its whereabouts considering the team members behind the project. Some individuals can sometimes bring up fake identities of renowned persons as partners of their project but most of the times these are not true but to lure investors into purchasing their tokens.

⊹     SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY, WITH NO HIDDEN COSTS     ⊹
━━━━━━━━━          X C A R D ᵀᴹ          [     Whitepaper     Twitter     Telegram     ]          ━━━━━━━━━
[ IEO / Q4 2019 ]   S
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:11:24 PM

An ICO whitepaper speak a lot about an ICO but it is quite unfortunate that some white paper are just trash. Advisory and partners of a project also play an important role in very ICO. This can also be avoided by ruling out ICO to IEO.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 769
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:22:03 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money? 
I think because you are new in forum, also new about ICO, you need someone who expert about ICO, maybe your friend, so can help you to choose the right one, Or just invest in major coins like bitcoin, ethereum and many more. And about how to check scam ICO, maybe this thread can help you https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5110020.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: