Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check if ICO is scam or not?  (Read 17428 times)
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:06:58 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole ICO world, and BTCtalk as well. I've been reading about a lot of scammy ICOs that take people's money and run away. I'm looking to invest in a couple of ICOs but have no way of knowing if they are good or not. Can anyone tell me how I can go about doing this without losing any money?  

To minimise loss by reducing risk, you will do research even just a little bit. First you have to read the whitepaper if the use case is achievable and not too lofty and second most important thing to do is to do background checks on the team if they are real. The best teams are the ones who are known in crypto.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ben Shedly

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:30:49 PM

Now it is better not to invest in ICO projects at all, because at least 70% of them are fraudsters. The remaining projects have few chances to realize your ideas and bring you a profit. They can go to the exchange and then begin the massive sale of their tokens at prices lower than ICO.

pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:37:41 PM

There are quite a number of ways to differentiate between good ICOs and bad ICOs. But I personally consider the following
The team: you should do a background check on the team and track them on their different social media platform (especially LinkedIn), if they are not real then they are probably scanners.

The advisors: if they have influential people or personal as their advisor then the project is legit because no influential person wants his/her name dragged in the mud.

The project whitepaper: check the quality of their whitepaper and their website

The idea of the project: check whether the idea is realistic or not. Etc

You should consider different ways of analyzing the project based on your discretion.

baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:51:35 PM

Yes, now it is difficult to find quality projects. No matter how you check, it is practically impossible to do. You can check out the team and see the idea. But this does not guarantee that the project will be successful and will bring you profit.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:22:24 AM

Bitcointalk forum is best place to judge any ICO's , here you can check the comments of seniors members and other community and also can check the ratting of member who posted thread for ICO's
But the knowledge of professionals comes after a life time experience or most of the time these traders and investors spend in the crypto industry. Like Bitcointalk forum there are other multiple platforms as well where these professionals as well as newbies interact with each other and exchange of ideas takes place. ICOs are not scam but all are not safe you have to find good ones if you are good at finding them.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:52:45 AM

As you know most of ICO's was scams and also coming more scams ICO's, if you wants to get good tokens or coins than you should join IEO.

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 10:59:48 AM

These scam ICOs behave like a legit ones, so it is very difficult to spot them. They spend a lot of money in website creation, promotion and advertisement, but still you can learn about team members and read whitepaper.

ali115112

Activity: 1806
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:13:10 AM

As if you wants join any good or trusted bounty than you should check all social links and also should check bounty ranking sites.

══════════════☛Digicom Finance☚═════════════
A Digital Commerce
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:33:26 AM

These scam ICOs behave like a legit ones, so it is very difficult to spot them. They spend a lot of money in website creation, promotion and advertisement, but still you can learn about team members and read whitepaper.

I am agree, many scam ICOs act like legit project and i dont think new investor recognize this. I think the important thing about ICOs is on the project itself. If the developers team must do KYC, i think its good one because they want to comply with regulators but this is not only way to recognize legit one

andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:47:33 AM

Many methods that can be done to find out the potential of an ICO is scam or not, usually I do simple things like visiting their website if there are lots of bugs on the website and access is too slow then I will not participate in their project.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:18:59 PM

In view of ico is not merely because there are ico scams spreading in the forum and many are promoting ico scams so investors can be careful because they can join the ico scams and fly their funds into view ico if legit or scam is to think of their website if their website is new but in their roadmap they have made an event then and the admin or their team does not lose the website because they can manipulate it by copying other ico teams and you can also see if their ico bench is in their project and if their ratings are good then it's legit ico.

Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:31:26 PM

In view of ico is not merely because there are ico scams spreading in the forum and many are promoting ico scams so investors can be careful because they can join the ico scams and fly their funds into view ico if legit or scam is to think of their website if their website is new but in their roadmap they have made an event then and the admin or their team does not lose the website because they can manipulate it by copying other ico teams and you can also see if their ico bench is in their project and if their ratings are good then it's legit ico.

Hard to recognize scam ICOs because they using a good marketing and always looks legit project. But thanks to IEO because its make competition in new project getting more tight and i am believe will bring ICOs to next level

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:37:22 PM

Many methods that can be done to find out the potential of an ICO is scam or not, usually I do simple things like visiting their website if there are lots of bugs on the website and access is too slow then I will not participate in their project.

with that mechanics you were looking before participating will really helps the people to found out that it is not a good project to invest in, because for me as you offer services for the people they should plan very well the design and deliver it to the people clear and complete.
Helpme_please

Activity: 633

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:56:33 PM

Hard to recognize scam ICOs because they using a good marketing and always looks legit project. But thanks to IEO because its make competition in new project getting more tight and i am believe will bring ICOs to next level
identifiying scam projects really difficult to us.if they publish their ico progress and it look unnormal ,maybe we could distrust on it.actuall if thoorough their site could said about it.they usually use hyip template.
Dr.Sponge

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 01:02:22 PM

You can actually check in so so so many ways but many people don't know about how to identify if its scam. Here is a link for you to know it while I'm searching on google: https://www.investopedia.com/tech/how-identify-cryptocurrency-and-ico-scams/
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 05:01:30 PM

Till now, I haven't come across a way to check if an ICO is a scam or not. You will read through some whitepapers or telegram and you will feel like wow, this is a great project and at the end of the day, it's all Scam.

NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:46:57 PM

Till now, I haven't come across a way to check if an ICO is a scam or not. You will read through some whitepapers or telegram and you will feel like wow, this is a great project and at the end of the day, it's all Scam.
The scam projects are increasingly organized more sophisticated. More than 90% of ICO in 2018 had a bad result. It seriously affects investors and the vitality of the community. Perhaps, it doesn't simply look at the team, the website and telegram or wp. It is better to take the time to monitor and observe them to find gaps from those cowardly, lazy teams.

EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:05:19 PM

I think the biggest help to check if an ICO is scam or not is this bitcointalk forum. The community got many experts to discuss if a ICO is legit or a scam or not worth it.
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:26:01 PM

investing ico means you have to be ready to lose the money you invest if you are still not ready, don't invest in ico and there is no way to determine ico real or scam ico, but if you want your money to be safe during investment you should go to IEO
strunberg

Activity: 1302
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 05:27:02 PM

I think the biggest help to check if an ICO is scam or not is this bitcointalk forum. The community got many experts to discuss if a ICO is legit or a scam or not worth it.
usually in forum very active to report if member find new scam projects.maybe we have to routine check on scam accusations board to keep an update about scam projects.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: