Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin?  (Read 1133 times)
akashark (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:24:09 PM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:28:56 PM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

Eth is a totally different project. It is all about smart contracts, and is not a direct competitor for bitcoin.
If people say that they think Eth will overtake bitcoin in cap, then they mean they think smart contracts will be huge in the future and Eth will continue to lead the way as the biggest smart contract platform.
Personally I think there is a reasonable chance that Eth could become #1 in cap.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:29:48 PM

it shouldn't matter if ethereum does become worth more than bitcoin. they only share one thing - the money on exchanges.

there's a million things you can do with ethereum that you can't with bitcoin. there's a million reasons why i wouldn't trust ethereum with any of my money long term.

they're different projects with different aims. it amazed me how few people can figure this out.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:30:25 PM

It's very simple, I think that people simply believe in the ETH project, because when a deep correction took place, people saw how ETH stuck to it and I think that the people's faith in this project supported the price of this project. But then of course everyone gave in to panic.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

You should know that these big investors are getting tired of the bitcoin's drama because they are loosing billions of dollars everytime bitcoin has crashed,so morelikely they are finding a good alternative to bitcoin,which is surely ethereum will be the first choice.If these investors realized how risky bitcoin's market is im sure most of them will choose ethereum for more stability,we are already seeing some of it because most of the transactions in cryptocurrencies everyday is within ethereum's.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:35:05 PM

You should know that these big investors are getting tired of the bitcoin's drama because they are loosing billions of dollars everytime bitcoin has crashed

the drama has receded for now. and i'd prefer to lose billions in a good honest crash than down to a poorly coded or executed ethereum contract. that would seriously annoy me.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:35:11 PM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.
Not anymore, its main dev is spreading a statement that crypto can nearly go zero so many will surely pull out their funds on ETH.
But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin,
I never thought that ETH will overcome bitcoin in terms of market cap, they have their own differences and pro's and con's too.
And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
If bitcoin fails, the crypto industry/market will fail.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thescimitarr

Activity: 117
Merit: 6

FREE VPS. Check Signature for link

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:35:21 PM

Because it can. The future of a coin does not depend whether it is the first or something, but on the community supporting it. ETH is promising and has fewer issues to deal with as compared to bitcoin. Also, there a lot of ERC tokens

FREE 100$ USD Credits for Cloud Mining. [https://m.do.co/c/8b29898f1cb6]Register here![/url] FREE Virtual Private Server
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:40:29 PM

Soon in the near future ethereum has no chance to beat bitcoin. Ethereum is a very promising coin, it performs many useful functions and is, in fact, a workhorse for the servicing of crypto currency, and therefore it is rightfully considered the leader of the altcoyins. Ethereum will definitely grow in price. However, there is a very big difference between ethereum and bitcoin, and therefore ethereum is unlikely to catch up with bitcoin in the near future.

At the same time, if bitcoin does not eliminate its shortcomings for a long time and will lose its popularity and demand for it, then only after a certain time ethereum will be able to reach the bitcoin course and, possibly, replace it in leadership among the crypto currency.
abbywem

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:41:24 PM

Govt prints fiat.  You buy crypto with fiat.  Govt controls crypto.  

They have not shut it down yet so I believe they are running this thing.  I believe bitcoin is their crypto of choice so I believe bitcoin will be #1.  That 400 million buy order to stop the last crash didn't come from grandma in a remote part of China.

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:55:11 PM

Because that "some people" are not bright enough and just they don't understand the whole situation about the crypto currency.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:55:26 PM

These people are very much mistaken. Bitcoin and ethereum are quite different coins that are not worth comparing. So do not be mistaken in this.
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 05:56:08 PM

I am one of those people who are in favor that someday Ethereum would surpass Bitcoin's Market Cap value because Ethereum is on Bitcoin's tail since early 2014.
That day I knew about Bitcoin is that day also Ethereum was born and is up in the circulation but I just read it on web articles and didn't paid much attention due to my work and some other stuffs that made me turn away from the blockchain and Cryptocurrency facts.
And I finally joined this forum last year and found myself fit on earning this Crypto Market career.

Ethereum is I believe the strongest and widely used blockchain backbone in this generation and I do believe that in the near future Bitcoin will be on the second place as the next most valued cyprto in the market.
Ethereum has a lot more to burst in terms of features like scalability and the transaction speed that is indeed faster than Bitcoin's.
It's a matter of time that Ethereum will soon replace Bitcoin as the number one Crypto in the market. Soon enough.

Stimah22

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:58:03 PM

To compare and contrast, bitcoin is 10 times higher in price than ETH, so therefore, it's very difficult to predict that ETH will overcome BTC in the nearest future, however on the other side, ETH network has many smart contracts which different coin can use to join the ETH network. Thus, this can go a long way in increasing it's popularity like BTC. But these can't be in the nearest future because BTC has already go a long way, so to speak.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 06:00:29 PM

Because ETG is a second generation Blockchain platform which is not only peer to peer electronic cash like Bitcoin but also a platform for creating and deploying smart contracts.
Some technologies are even better than ETH like NEO, EOS, ADA add many more.

Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:01:22 PM

i think its because for now, the community for ethereum growth big and faster. That's help ETH to reach the price like yesterday.
meanwhile the bitcoin supporters is so funny, just support it when it reach good news or HF only  Undecided

in cryptocurrency, anything is possible, some crypto price can reach a high price within a short time

Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 06:02:21 PM

These people are very much mistaken. Bitcoin and ethereum are quite different coins that are not worth comparing. So do not be mistaken in this.

It's human nature and normal instinct that people should compare anything to anything and you can't stop them on comparing Bitcoin to Ethereum.
I assume you would agree that Bitcoin is comparable only to it's hard forks like Bitcoin Cash, Gold, Diamond and Segwit2x.
I personally inform you that I've been comparing Bitcoin and Ethereum as well, that's why it's possible that soon or someday Ethereum could surpass Bitcoin's market capital because people and other factors are manipulating the both markets.
If found out that Bitcoin can no longer handle that delay of transactions and at the same time Ethereum didn't stop pumping then people would probably turn their back away from Bitcoin into Ethereum.
The point is, Ethereum's features and speed are better than Bitcoin's and that's the fact.
Bitcoin has no product and it's purely a simple coin that is high in demand but the supply is very low and the only thing we know is that Bitcoin is the first of it's kind and the Mother of all the Blockchain and Cryptos

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:13:41 PM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.
Not anymore, its main dev is spreading a statement that crypto can nearly go zero so many will surely pull out their funds on ETH.
But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin,
I never thought that ETH will overcome bitcoin in terms of market cap, they have their own differences and pro's and con's too.
And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
If bitcoin fails, the crypto industry/market will fail.
My way of thinking is the same as you, if bitcoin fail then crypto market will fail too. Can be seen that has happened if the price of bitcoin down then another altcoin including ethereum will go down as well. So, nothing can be expected from altcoin that will replace bitcoin. Questions like this will be very easy to answer by someone who every day see the development of the price of crypto.
hardly

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:15:05 PM

many have come to crypto world not knowing about the father of all coins, the essence in which all coins are based on. You can take a vaccum cleaner and add hoses and new advancements, but at the end of the day its still vaccum cleaner and used to pick up dirt, and the majority will never use extra features

eth can overtake bitcoin, but unlikely
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:17:44 PM

it's just rumors yet to be sure everyone's opinion is different but I agree only if the ETH replaces bitcoin but in reality see now BTC remains the king of ETH just be the queen is still far away to be able to defeat

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████