Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:39:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin?  (Read 1133 times)
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:52:22 AM

If the price exceeds bitcoin, then there is no possibility of it,because of the circulation of the ETH is far more than the bitcoin, but based on ETH ICO project more and more, if the ICO project success, for the consumption of the ETH will further increase, the increase of demand for the ETH, may cause the ETH the market value of more than BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:54:16 AM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

everything we discussed is a prediction to be a bitcoin substitute. there is no definite measure of what they are discussing will be the truth. but that's why we are discussing the potential of eth that can be a better alternative than bitcoin.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:13:22 AM

There are many people who kept on comparing these two coins, why?, why don't you just enjoy their uses? Both of them are almost the same in technology, but the other one, came first and the other has more use.

If you heard of the flippening, ETH already surpassed BTC, not in marketcap but in the volume of transactions.

Even though ETH surpassed BTC in number of transactions, I will still value my BTC like gold as a store of value.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:19:39 AM

ETH is one of the strong altcoins, but still it has not enough strength to overcome bitcoin.

sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:55:45 AM

It's never possible. Cause people knowing very well about bitcoin. Its fully different from other coin.
All over alt coin depends/price rise and down by bitcoin. Everyone know that ETH can not touch the bitcoin.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:01:21 AM

Because bitcoin blockchain is old and slow.
Ethereum has faster transaction speed, larger network size and number of transactions per second is much better comparing with bitcoin. Also Ethereum transaction fees are much lower.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:14:07 AM

Etherium cant beat BTC price if you talking about money) Eth has unlimited supply and if it wants to be world computer it must be cheap as Buterin sad one time when it starts to grow very fast. BTC has limited supply and its purpose is money saving. Now with lighting it can be a payment means of payment. Ico booom will be finished in few years. And eth will be like fuel for tokens. But nobody likes expensive fuel and everybody loves when their gold is growing in price.

asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:37:45 AM

Do not believe dude that ETH can beat bitcoin in the future
Bitcoin is the king and ETH is altcoin and the total supply is different too.
Even though Ethereum is an alt it can surpass bitcoin, i dont say it in term of price but in how it use in real life, as we see smartcontract ethereum have many real life use and how fast the transaction and the cheap fee he has.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
EMV

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:49:44 AM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
Ethereum really quite perspective cryptocurrency capable not just to leave as equals with bitcoin, but also in a long-term prespektiva to drive him out of the market in general.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:49:51 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 01:56:23 PM by haroldtee

it shouldn't matter if ethereum does become worth more than bitcoin. they only share one thing - the money on exchanges.

there's a million things you can do with ethereum that you can't with bitcoin. there's a million reasons why i wouldn't trust ethereum with any of my money long term.

they're different projects with different aims. it amazed me how few people can figure this out.

When people say this, I am sure the only thing that comes to their mind is the smart contract aspect of Ethereum, but who says Bitcoin cannot do that? Up till date, I still wonder what Ethereum can do, that Bitcoin cannot do, but I guess a lot of people always prefer to stick to what they want to believe without bothering to research further.

I would not blame most users of the community though, since virtually a lot of people have no knowledge about 'OMNI' which is a protocol that was built as a layer over bitcoin. I have shared some websites for your consumption.

http://www.omnilayer.org
https://news.bitcoin.com/omni-layer-advancing-bitcoin-2-0/
https://github.com/OmniLayer/spec

Edited: After reading this, please tell me something else better that Eth can do, which Bitcoin cannot do and please no one should come bombarding me with fast transactions; increasing block size is not a solution at all, and cryptokittens made that obviously clear.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:52:57 AM

These two are too far from each other to compare and this has been prove by so many times. Some people want eth to surpass bitcoin because they're holding more eth than bitcoin and aspiring that their coin will someday be a number one besides who doesn't want to get rich by their holdings? And for sure that even eth overcome the maŕket cap of bitcoin yet it will just stay in its position.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
ziyush

Activity: 406
Merit: 76

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:58:26 AM

I also think ETH may beat BITCOIN,
 reason ETH is used by lot of ico and ETH is more useful then bitcoin , ETH is fast and will be used by lot of people for lot of purpose.

if you compare ETH supply and BTC supply you will find that if eth and btc supply is same then eth is very near to BTC

Zufox

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:02:08 AM

Personally, I like ethereum technology and its smart contracts more than bitcoin technology.
But I doubt that the ethereum will overcome bitcoin. For me, bitcoin and ethereum like gold and silver. Everyone should know their place.
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:07:54 AM

In my personal opinion because ETH given more benefits and advantages to the cryptocurrency community. Cause ETH, many starts ups can increasing their product and service through  and use smart contract of ETH to run ICO and collect money from investor and to make application and to make their product better.

tramadols

Activity: 239

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:08:50 AM

not everyone here agreed, I guess this is a discussion and prediction. I personally still choose bitcoin as the main commodity in trading.

frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:11:28 AM

I don't think eth will overcome btc . Why some people think so ? I think you shouldn't care about it , because some people think that UFO's snatching them every night , or reptiloids already rule the Earth . Ethereum is very good and popular , but in my opinion , bitcoin always will be #1 .

ansh_848

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:11:34 AM

When ETH came into the market that time bitcoin was at its peak but even that time there is a good market for eth. ETH has rised at that time only. So if at that time eth has rided its price and bitcoin started declining. But it will never gonna happen that eth will overcome bitcoin.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:16:48 AM

because they want you to buy it, so that there are actually less coins in the market and prices go up. After they get their desired price, they sell and you get F.U

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
usd.dev

Activity: 266

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:16:58 AM

We need to understand projects clearly, Ether is a platform for creating and promoting technical news on the basis of chains, Bitcoin is the first chain that, although expensive, is limited in its development, it's like gold. You have to understand that comparing them is stupid, it's easier to compare BTC and BTG.  Cool

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:26:27 AM

This is usual a normal thing when people play with words. Very often we talk about comparisons between the various cryptocurrencies. Among the couples who are often object of comparison, there is that formed by the Bitcoin and Ethereum. The fact that so many investors ask whether it is better to invest in Ethereum or Bitcoin is not random. Bitcoin quotation and Ethereum quotation are first and second respectively in the ranking by capitalisation of Crypto value. The price of Bitcoin today is very distant from Ethereum and in the short term think that the Ethereum listing reaches that of the Bitcoin is frankly impossible.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: