Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:26:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin?  (Read 1135 times)
rajatjain

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:33:04 PM

It's all because of lack of information and knowledge among people.
Knowing nothing, they are trying to prove to people their rightness.
Ethereum will never be able to bypass bitcoin at least because of one factor - the number of coins.
Bitcoin is limited, and its number decreases every day, while ETH is endless.

What about the fact that mining a bitcoin will take more and more energy and ethereum may move to a proof of stake model soon which will make staking easier for all people rather than a handful of miners which require expensive setup and lots of electricity cost!

ichsan ardi

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:41:06 PM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

cause almost 80% ICO's have use ETH as their payment. and its meant they believe whit this coin. so, if this keep like this for 3 or 4 years, i think the price of eth will be some as BTC.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
boonsterx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:48:00 PM

It's all because of lack of information and knowledge among people.
Knowing nothing, they are trying to prove to people their rightness.
Ethereum will never be able to bypass bitcoin at least because of one factor - the number of coins.
Bitcoin is limited, and its number decreases every day, while ETH is endless.

The inflationary nature of Ethereum has little to do with whether Eth will overtake BTC or not.

Eth is a smart contract blockchain whereas BTC is a underlying currency for all cryptocurrencies to be priced upon.

I would say that BTC is the trading currency of the crypto world much like how USD is (still) the trading currency for the traditional world.

ETH will not replace BTC as the base trading currency so BTC will always have its place but BTC will never be able to rival ETH for deployment of

smart contracts or DApps.

Both ETH and BTC will have their place in the new world. But because of the greater demand run smart contracts in the future economy, ETH will

likely overtake BTC in terms of market cap.

if you want to find a parallel in the current world.. i would describe BTC as Gold, whereas ETH is crude oil and the other smart contract blockchain like NEO, Cardano etc as Natural Gas or Heating Oil..

Gold is well known to everyone in the world as a storage of value but in terms of trading volume, Crude Oil, Natural Gas and Heating Oil has a much greater trading volume versus Gold as Crude Oil, Natural Gas and Heating Oil runs the world.

https://www.thebalance.com/the-most-actively-traded-commodities-809314

In the future world, smart contracts blockchain are like the crude oil that will run the world and ETH will definitely have a much higher market cap as a result.

Being a storage of value (BTC) like gold is not sufficient to justify the top position in the crypto world. The recognized ability to run smart contracts, that will run the future economies, will justify the top position in the crypto world.

So we will see more than 1 smart contract blockchain being on top of BTC, in terms of market cap and trading volume, in the future. And this is based on what is valued in our current world..

denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:26:10 PM

I am not sure it can. Bitcoin is and will remain the Big Daddy whether we like it or not.
Anzal RK

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:38:14 PM

I never thought that ETH would overtake BTC.
indeed many people who see the development of ETH better than BTC and that's why they think that ETH will overtake BTC.
but we will see next year whether BTC is still uncertain as it is now or even will grow more than last year.
MeongElek

Activity: 418

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:59:51 PM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
Actually I do not think like that. Because I know that bitcoin and ethereum have the same potential in the investment world. Bitcoin and ethereum have experienced rising or falling prices. So bitcoin will always be present and irreplaceable, as well as ethereum.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:15:20 AM

You should know that these big investors are getting tired of the bitcoin's drama because they are loosing billions of dollars everytime bitcoin has crashed

the drama has receded for now. and i'd prefer to lose billions in a good honest crash than down to a poorly coded or executed ethereum contract. that would seriously annoy me.
Obviously people do not realize this, but at the end of it all, I want to believe they may just have to learn at some point. Also, I do not see how any smart investor would pull out from bitcoin into Ethereum, unless they are just totally ignorant. I will say I totally agree with you on the poorly coded aspect and it seems to amuse me that most people do not really know the extent at which bitcoin is not even being used at all.
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:26:11 AM

It is for ETH technology, it's token supporting. many initial coins offering use ETH for investment and very huge reasons.
katixrecamara

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:39:38 AM

iDo you mean overcome by means of market cap? If it is, then yes many would vouch for that and it is in all principle have the capacity to do so. Just like any other successful coins out there, they have the capacity or potential to excel and who knows might exceed market cap of bitcoin.
On the other hand, the two are totally different projects with different roadmaps and development plans, needless to say different objectives.
cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:40:01 AM

It's very simple, I think that people simply believe in the ETH project, because when a deep correction took place, people saw how ETH stuck to it and I think that the people's faith in this project supported the price of this project. most of the people are tired of getting along with bitcoin's price manipulations,ethereum has less manipulations plus it has a better price stability than bitcoin,
drogas

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:40:38 AM

I am not sure it can. Bitcoin is and will remain the Big Daddy whether we like it or not.

For how long though?

A lot of people are starting to dislike it because its fees, high costs, etc. Besides, ETH has somewhat better tech. I think it's only a matter of time.
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:43:11 AM

I do not know what I think the bitcoin will stay at number one and eth at number two and if the bitcoin is defeated there may be economic fluctuations that have a big impact on the current and most expensive and most expensive crypto currencies still have bitcoin and eth remain next to him between the two
sateyaam

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:43:51 AM

I agree with you bitcoin is bitcoin and eth is eth,
The bitcoin price is assigned by the market while the eth price is determined by bitcoin,
If bitcoin falls then eth will fall,
But if eth fall does not affect bitcoin,
It's still too fast for us to conclude that eth will be a bitcoin
hujanderas

Activity: 132

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:27:13 AM

In the near future ethereum has no chance to beat bitcoin. Ethereum is a very promising coin, it performs many useful functions and is, in fact, a hard worker for crypto currency services, and is therefore considered the leader of altoki. Etereum will definitely grow in price. However, there is a big difference between ethereum and bitcoin, and therefore ethereum is unlikely to catch up with bitcoin any time soon.
Striker17

Activity: 392

0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:38:44 AM

Some people says that Ethereum can Overcome Bitcoin because ETH is one of the most popular coins today, great potential, good future, good projects. But o don't think that ETH can overcome BTC, because BTC is the mother of all coins,always on top and if BTC fall it affect all coins like Eth.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:15:53 PM

As a base for ERC20 standard tokens Ethereum really quite perspective cryptocurrency capable not just to leave as equals with bitcoin, but also in a long-term perspective to drive him out of the market.
daicavung

Activity: 280

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:51:19 PM

On the benefit side, I think ETH and Bitcoin are the same, but now the market is more interested in ETH than Bitcoin. I think the BTC values are too large to hold them more dangerous, and harder to trade. ETH low value more convenient.

mdead

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:56:05 PM

ETH will not able to beat bitcoin nor any other crypto currency. People just spreading rumours without any knowledge about crypto currency or Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the base of all crypto currency. I do believe that there is other currency that has more secured,developed platform but that doesnt mean that this coin or that coin will overcome bitcoin.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

In the next 10 years, it is unlikely that Bitcoin will be replaced, but it could be Ethrereum or any other crypto that can grow stronger and replace Bitcoin as it can not become digital money for future transactions. Bitcoin will be replaced as a sure thing to happen.

KlepZ

Activity: 330

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:25:51 PM

I think that sounds no longer strange to me so maybe ethereum can overtake bitcoin but do not know when it happens while bitcoin price down etereum also come down that you have said so etehreum could just pass bitcoin but do not know when happened
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: