Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4203 times)
Monetran

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 10:04:49 PM

Eventually, the legitimate startup companies will undergo SEC regulation.

That alone will reverse the numbers: 90% legitimate, 10% scam.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:07:09 PM

in fact like that in the forum, a lot of ico are scams and they are just scams. even though it's not a scam, sometimes they only get profit from investors and don't develop coins, so I think it's more thorough and more careful in choosing ico

Banger42

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:10:29 PM

I think the scammy ICOs will disappear with time because of more and more countries will develop regulations. And at this point, regulations are what we need in order to involve serious investments in the crypto market.
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:59:38 PM

The number of scam ICO this year is truly alarming. And they make the life of bounty hunters harder. But 90% is too high. There are still some good ICO that are recently release. So when we want to join or invest in an ICO. We should take time to read all the detail about that project.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Bobbykid

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:04:00 AM

yeah no doubt, once i see an ice offering 2 big exchange in their web page, make a bait tweet to attract investor
and then they said theyre denied
and no big exchange
the ico get 25mil$ and just list their token to unknown exchange and price really low
but actually everycoin have potential to scam, the main thing is we should know where to in and out,
p3rk0

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:23:17 AM

High gain means high risk. We have to invest in what we will not regret.

So what you mean to say is .... WASSSSAAAAAAAAA!?!
quandong

Activity: 164

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:59:05 AM

I think only a few ICOS are scams in many ICOS, not all ICOS are bad but we need to choose an ICO that has development or failure depending on your choice.

criket

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:09:59 AM

I think only a few ICOS are scams in many ICOS, not all ICOS are bad but we need to choose an ICO that has development or failure depending on your choice.
therefore, in choosing ico we must do research first, if we don't want to choose the wrong ico.
actually not many ico scams, some of them are somewhat scam, but more ico don't get funding for the development of their ico projects. it becomes a problem when the market falls, and ico investor confidence decreases.
but some ico I also saw great success, even though I was hit by bad news regarding a scam project, in fact the team could make the project successful.
Tuturtinular

Activity: 966
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:26:01 AM

There are so many ico projects that look very convincing but actually that is part of an ongoing fraud scheme even recently there is an ico that has a high rating on one of the icobench.com but apparently ico is a fraud. and that certainly disappointed investors and also bounty hunters.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:03:24 AM

There are so many ico projects that look very convincing but actually that is part of an ongoing fraud scheme even recently there is an ico that has a high rating on one of the icobench.com but apparently ico is a fraud. and that certainly disappointed investors and also bounty hunters.
Yes, such incidents have occurred repeatedly and that is what makes crypto bad and always gets the spotlight from various institutions in several countries whose communities are affected by this or exposed to fraudulent schemes from illegal companies such as the now-widely circulating ICOs from many countries. So if indeed the country allows the ICO project to run, then the government must be firm and indeed this should have strict laws from the government.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
darkr

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

I quite agree, but in essence, just careful joining in ICO, research before investing, That quite helpful fo your investment then

I've seen in the last couple month three project are scam which I following it, fortunately I didn't invest my money there

Any investment is a risk but when you decide to join an ICO, this risk is increased in times. I do not think that more than 90% of the projects are the scam but be cautious.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:43:08 PM

I quite agree, but in essence, just careful joining in ICO, research before investing, That quite helpful fo your investment then

I've seen in the last couple month three project are a scam which I following it, fortunately, I didn't invest my money there

Any investment is a risk but when you decide to join an ICO, this risk is increased in times. I do not think that more than 90% of the projects are the scam but be cautious.

Yes, even in trading we might lose, what I came to know in every investment there is huge risk involved in it. We have to carefully research before investing into any ICO, potentially we have to verify them before investing.
v0nyu

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

Ninety percent is way too high. There may be a lot of low value projects, but it is unlikely that 90 percent are just outright scamming you.

Where are you coming up with such high numbers?

maybe it means better safe than sorry. ofc it's hardly that full 90 % are scams but this number imo includes weak and uncompetitive projects that die fast.
we have to be carefull of the shit ICO. this is 2018 not 2017 it means many shit ICO nowadays
do our own research and do it carefully, only that thing we can do to avoid shit ICO imo

phm

Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:20:29 PM

Ninety percent is way too high. There may be a lot of low value projects, but it is unlikely that 90 percent are just outright scamming you.

Where are you coming up with such high numbers?

maybe it means better safe than sorry. ofc it's hardly that full 90 % are scams but this number imo includes weak and uncompetitive projects that die fast.
we have to be carefull of the shit ICO. this is 2018 not 2017 it means many shit ICO nowadays
do our own research and do it carefully, only that thing we can do to avoid shit ICO imo
We see on the today's delistings that exchanges will the first garbage cleaners on the crypto scrapyard. And I'm glad that this process is starting. And I hope that it will continue enough time to make crypto world cleaner from such scam and fraud

B.
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:20:33 AM

The use of smart contracts that look very easy with an attractive marketing concept makes many developers appear more and more confident with their respective projects, but this year feels excessive due to too many appearances. so the concentration of investors is not focused and ultimately a lot of failure at ICO how good their project is.

a scam is not the best judgment, but I see that around 30% are bad intentions and just want to cheat many investors by selling coins with fake road maps and without long-term clarity. 60% failed ICO, and 10% failed successfully, this is very sad and different from the previous year.

important note for next year where there needs to be an independent institution that can make ico more competent and unable to do ICO if it does not meet certain requirements. This must be done or more unclear and even deceptive concepts will emerge next year.

slavasxpu

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:50:08 AM

I think you're wrong about that. No, of course there is fraud there, but the amount of 90% is too much. Within a small error we call the amount of 5%. Like everywhere.

■ CLOUD TOKEN ■
█Get from 6-12% monthly in CTO tokens. REF CODE + 50% profit:4901547258 █
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:22:46 PM

This is very true that nowadays most of the ICOs are fake and a scam if exactly, not 90%. So, the point of thinking now is on what basis we decide the right ICO. As the ICO investment becomes more profitable these days can't ignore this class of asset.
dat.ho12492

Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 01:58:49 PM

This is very true that nowadays most of the ICOs are fake and a scam if exactly, not 90%. So, the point of thinking now is on what basis we decide the right ICO. As the ICO investment becomes more profitable these days can't ignore this class of asset.
Certainly not 90% because the ico world still exists a lot of successful projects and start to be listed on the exchange, however, at this stage, when the value of bitcoin affects the development of the market, phishing projects are probably more than normal. Even with the successful and listed projects, the downfall of bitcoins also has a significant impact, it causes the projects to lose value but I believe that when the bitcoin rebounds, the ico market will be dragged along and soon return to the heyday

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:02:57 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
It is possible but for the time being-this will gradually increase inflation and as a consequence will accelerate the collapse of the dollar pyramid, the question is whether the capitalization of bitcoin is sufficient.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:52:12 PM

I strongly agree with your words about investing with coins in the exchange, if someone does not have the expertise to recognize ico which is not a scam project then it will be sure he invests in empty space and removes the money just like that. but, I do not agree with your words that 90% ico is a scam project, meaning that the outline is only 10% ico who actually runs their project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: