Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap?  (Read 2624 times)
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:31:10 PM

The price of the supposed new top coin would determine the price of other cryptocurrencies in the coin market. This coin would have to have some extraordinary features aside blockchain. It's clear we haven't reached that stage yet.
Every day in the whole world I created many new altcoins. To study more of them it needs much time. But I don't think that some green will get bitcoins place.

Really, more and more altcoins come to the market but I do not see any token among them that is going to replace Bitcoin. BTC market cap is unbeatable.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
valentinen39

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

It does not matter if there will be new currency that will be surpassing the price of bitcoins because people will just keep on investing if they are still interested and the price will keep on increasing.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:26:46 AM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
Hmmm… I don’t really see much happening, the only thing I think might happen is that there will be a lot confusion and people will be running up and down and seeking for a way to join the leading platform. The next thing is that any other cryptocurrency that takes the position of BTC as the number one currency in the Blockchain starts to do what BTC is doing now  which is controlling the market, hell yeah, that’s what will happen. But I still stand to be corrected if I’m wrong.
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:31:39 PM

It does not matter if there will be new currency that will be surpassing the price of bitcoins because people will just keep on investing if they are still interested and the price will keep on increasing.

I agree with you. I even come to a thought that I could even welcome this kind of scenarios when it happens because, at the end of the day, we are most likely is up to earning profits through any altcoins for that matter - not unless you really love a certain coin or you belong to a team that creates it.
JACKSW4G

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:26:06 PM

Then there will no more people investing on Bitcoin. I think, other coins such as ETH are way better than BTC. I mean the way ETH has been performing with projects and exchanges, it wil overtake it soon. But still it is personal choice of everyone.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:29:11 AM

Then there would be a new "KING" if that thing do happen on seeing bitcoin is being overtaken by other altcoins in the market.It would surely be a record and lots of people would be shocked specially to those who hardly believe on bitcoin but we do all know this thing is really hard to achieve,its possible but would really takes time and consideration on the community on switching out into a new coin rather than on bitcoin itself.

Anything will happen. I think some people or investors will immediately select the new one. But let us not be afraid of losing, instead we must strive hard in order for us not to be eliminated.
impossible is nothing in crytpocurrency. while altcoin take bitcoin place,it make cryptomarket more stable and heath.bitcoin dominant will reduce and make other coins more valuable.
You are right that there are limitless possibilities but how do you think is it going to happen? How can you say that altcoin can replace Bitcoin despite knowing the facts that Bitcoin is having the largest market cap and has been ruling since it was introduced. If you think Bitcoin will be replaced by another coin just because it has a volatile price, that is a wrong base to decide the future.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:52:35 AM

Of course it will create a turmoil in both the crypto world in here in the forum especially. A lot of news discussing what happened to the turn of events, a lot of speculations from legit crypto analysts and wannabes will be watched from the television. The same thing will happen here in this forum wherein, a great number of tiring threads about it will be created. Though IMO, it is impossible to happen, I still fear from the thought that it can.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:00:30 AM

Maybe the coin will be a pair in all cryptocurrencies, bitcoin will also decrease in value, bitcoin is now more an asset because its value is very high when compared to other cryptocurrency, then I think if bitcoin down position in CMC this will be a bad thing for the bitcoin holder itself, I think if it happens it will decrease interest in bitcoin and vice versa if there is altcoin which shifts the position of bitcoin then the altcoin will have the highest value of all crypto.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BigDig

Activity: 277
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:02:32 AM

I do not think that the market will radically change if bitcoin leaves the pidestal. Many argue about the causes of leadership bitcoin and the etherium has long been on his heels. It seems to me that the end of bitcoin domination is a matter of time.
leeheidrick

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:09:57 AM

probably everyone asset holders will be surprised if bitcoin is replaced with other cryptocurrency,
Because the first time the digital currency is bitcoin and if there is a cryptocurrency that can replace bitcoin, so cryptocurrency is really great
petrobit

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:30:16 AM

I do not think that the loss of the bitcoin championship will bring some structural changes to the market. Most likely there is an inverse relationship and structural changes will lead to the loss of leadership by bitcoin.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬   
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:59:10 AM

I think it would be nothing not ordinary, so just one of their currencies would be more and bigger than bitcoin but it would not change that bitcoin is number one because it is not all about coinmarketcap.
Deubila

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

I think it would be nothing not ordinary, so just one of their currencies would be more and bigger than bitcoin but it would not change that bitcoin is number one because it is not all about coinmarketcap.
Exactly. No problem. The market has only risen when new currencies appear, making demand for investors more involved.
There are many denominations higher than the BTC but it is not as popular as the BTC
Bitcoin will stay stable for a long time.
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:53:50 AM

It does not really matter if another cryptocurrency is going to replace bitcoins in the future because people will still continue to invest or trade if they are still interested on bitcoins.
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:44:01 AM

I think bitcoin will always be the king of all the cryptocurrencies that exist, altcoin and even tokens will not be able and will not have the kebranian to replace the bitcoin ranking position.
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:00:13 PM

I think bitcoin will always be the king of all the cryptocurrencies that exist, altcoin and even tokens will not be able and will not have the kebranian to replace the bitcoin ranking position.

Indeed! bitcoin is the base of all altcoins and the more popular than any altcoins. It is a category creator in crypto world and so it could stay for a long time or even endlessly compared to smaller altoins.
shiki3226

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:50:12 PM

I can say that bitcoin will not be replaced by another cryptocurrency anytime soon. But even if it would be, then people would sell their bitcoins and invest on the new leading crypto.

hoosen

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:07:08 AM

Then there will ne more people investing on that coin. I think for me, other coins such as ETH are way better than BTC. I mean the way ETH has been performing with projects and exchanges, it wil overtake it soon. Nut if you're asking if there is a ripple effect, then i guess not really that i know of.

I agree with you but I think some people will still be with Bitcoin. Of course it is personal choice what to do and everyone must have its own strategy about the future.
Domanity

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:40:52 AM

I do not think until that, but because this is a parable, then I will express my opinion. If only Bitcoin was replaced by another Coin as a leader in CoinmarketCap then this would be a very interesting thing. we all know, Bitcoin is the king of Crypto and this can be replaced, so this means that people in Cryptocurrency no longer see Bitcoin is the number one coin, and of course there will be a very strong competition between the top coin in CoinmarketCap.
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:09:17 PM

I think I will make a lot of people smile and maybe also will make the conditions where the exchange becomes very crowded and trading volume will quickly increase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: