Bitcoin Forum
September 13, 2024, 07:14:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IXCoin [IXC] The Original Bitcoin Sidechain  (Read 42018 times)
madawg

Activity: 97
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 10:17:53 AM

The proof of stake method requires network participants to stake—

So basically those with the most coins sitting there like hoarders get richer you mean?

Ok then wise sage of crypto you come up with a better idea. IXCOIN is on one exchange and nobody is trading it meaning it is about as relevant as a politicans opinion while shitcoins named banana and voodoo trade on the likes of Binance. The developers here are a pointless bunch and need to be replaced by people who actually get stuff done. How do shitcoins whose names cannot even be pronounced with nothing to offer get to trade on large exchanges with plenty of hype while IXCOIN sits here in tumble weed town with no development team present?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2024, 02:01:42 AM

Isn't IXCoin being so cheap on FreiExchange still an arbitrage opportunity relative to the price on the STELLAR platform?

Seems like it quite often was lately, which should in theory put buy pressure at FreiExchange from people buying it cheap there to sell on STELLAR?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
madawg

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 10:39:54 AM

Isn't IXCoin being so cheap on FreiExchange still an arbitrage opportunity relative to the price on the STELLAR platform?

Seems like it quite often was lately, which should in theory put buy pressure at FreiExchange from people buying it cheap there to sell on STELLAR?

-MarkM-

It would be hard to trade like this because freiexchange takes a big amount of your coins everytime you withdraw probably negating such an opportunity to make any profit but I have set up a stellar term account and added ixcoin as a trusted asset but there is no deposit address to send ixcoins to? It seems to be very complicated or am I doing something wrong that I can't generate an ixcoin address to send some coins to? Thanks
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
Today at 06:03:13 AM
Last edit: Today at 06:13:26 AM by markm

Did you find the page https://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/ixc/ ?

Usually discovered by clicking through from https://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/ ,

found by clicking through from https://makemoney.knotwork.com/ ?

I see now I think your problem, thank you for asking about it!

You need to follow through to https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/asset/IXC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5

There you should be able to find contact info.

I believe the generic contact route for the general public was intended to be KeyBase, not only because of its end to end encryption but also because that encryption should in theory also mean secure identification, so that users could be reasonably certain it was really me they were communicating with.

However for people such as yourself who evidently are themselves members of BitCoinTalk forum, and might not want to bother setting up KeyBase end to end encrypted chat system, a private message via this forum could also work, as it too would presumably alert me via email that someone is trying to message me.

As was always customary with crypto in the old days, typically each time one wants to accept coins from someone one traditionally would provide an address unique to that expected transaction, so it is necessary to get in touch to agree upon an address to send to...

BUT ALSO if you have been following any of the many explanations dating even all the way back to the start of the first Digitalis Open Transactions Server, you will recall that I only tokenise half of the coins I actually have, so that I can store the tokenised coins as securely as I wish while still having the other half more-readily available still with which to redeem (buy back) the tokens without having to de-tokenise because the coins "bailed in" to be tokenised are thus still bailed in, still represented by those same tokens, even after I have bought the tokens back...

The result of that basically 200% reserve of real coins as compared to tokens is that of course I might not actually have minted yet enough of the token, or simply not have enough left of the tokens in my own accounts, to be able to in effect buy from you with the tokens the amount of real coins you wish to "bail in" to the system.

In principle that is where third parties should someday arise to fill in the gap, like the old e-Gold and suchlike in the old days, where most normal people never needed to deal with actual "bailing in" (nor for that matter "bailing out") real gold.

In other words in principle you should be free to buy the tokens from anyone who holds any, but of course not all of them would necessarily wish to sell them for any particular real on chain coin rather than just some other token or even some fiat currency of some nation or other.

Even with third party exchangers in the picture though, ultimately enough tokens need to exist to represent the number of real coins people would like there to be tokens for, but my 200% reserve tradition creates a bottle-neck whereby in the big picture aka in the long run sometimes I need to obtain real coins that are not going to become tokenised; this means sometimes for example I might have to sell other tokens or coins entirely for some real coin that I want to tokenise.

So if you want to put in massive numbers of a coin, I might not have enough tokens representing such a coin, so some work might have to be done to arrange that I get enough of the coin to tokenise half and still have the other half available with which to "redeem" the tokens for real coins again without dipping into the first 100% of my reserve of those coins.

(it is hoped in theory that it could be centuries, or forever, before my "heirs and assigns" eventually decide some particular coin is no longer worth bothering to represent with tokens thus that it is time to dig up the ancient first 100% of the reserves and de-tokenise...)

So basically you need to contact me about how many real actual on the blockchain coins you wish to trade for tokens, so that I can determine whether I have enough of the token on hand to simply trade tokens for them, or need to "bail in" more of the actual coins in order to increase the number of tokens in existence before having enough of the token on hand.

Is this making any sense to you?

-MarkM- (Knotwork or knotwork on some platforms, such as keybase, which I do not recall whether is a case-dependent platform...)

P.S. I have never noticed any high fees trying to withdraw anything from FreiExchange?

P.P.S. we could simply do the conversation about addresses to send to and so on right out in public so everyone can plainly see that coins and tokens as described really do get sent and received as intended, which potentially could be good for the reputations of all parties involved...

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
madawg

View Profile
Today at 01:54:45 PM

Markm pm sent
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61]
  Print  

Jump to: