Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
jamieasf

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:07:27 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
When it comes to just airdrop and you are requiring for KYC, Better not to joined that airdrop because it can't be so trusted. Your personal information is not safe. But when it comes to the ICOS that requiring KYC, For me it's okay especially when their ICO is successful. However, We still need to undergo some investigation wether that ICO will legit and truely recognized by most people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:08:57 PM

I try to avoid such bounties. It's good that there is a choice. But it is unpleasant, when after the end of the bounty, they require you to pass KYC for getting tokens. This is an unfair game in a sense.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:12:30 PM

Given a choice, I will prefer not to do KYC to protect my identity. This is what crypto should be. But unfortunately, KYC can not be avoided due to laws and regulations. So, I will still do KYC if it is a promising project and I really want to invest. If not, I won’t be bothered.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:13:08 PM

the problem is the team says shortly before the end of ico the KYC is needed. and you are already 8 weeks. what do you do then ? Do you lose 8 weeks or do you send your data? or you have to send a fake passport and then be lucky that it works
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:22:15 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Never! I prefer an ICO that has no KYC and it contradict to a decentralization that we enjoy today. Besides KYC is useless and just a formality. Those developers can still scam you if they didn't make any development or dump their token if their token pumps high.

CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:29:46 PM

I often participate in ICO project that requires KYC for their investor. I think it's fine cause it's a good way to control investor nationality cause US investor often banned so they just wanna know if there is anyone come from US invested in their project or not Smiley. But before invested in any project that requires KYC, I often check really carefully to not fall into a scam project and risk my identity as well Smiley

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:26:38 PM

KYC is only for safety and nothing too worry about it, get your ID take picture, up load it and problem solve. If you're afraid your private information stolen just leave the ICO is better I believe. Until now my KYC always accepted and my data/ account still safe, so I'll keep participate with ICO with or with out KYC.

This is not for safety in my opinion Smiley
When project team complete something kinda KYC - this is for safety, I agree. So developers will not get disappeared with money.
But what about investors? They already give money, why they should give their ID, their documents, I dont understand. I mean I understand, but I dont like it. Smiley
But what I dont like most of all - KYC for airdrop. This is autism

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:17:59 PM

In my opinion KYC not necesary in every bounty program because this is will need extra time for that, and some bounty hunter can not provide KYC procedure because reason of privacy. KYC could be only for investor who purchased the token during ICO. And for me KYC procedure will become complicated because i joined alot of bounty program, this is will be not efisien for my job and i have to spend extra time for that.
Yes, you're right mate. KYC is not necessary in fact many ICO become successful without asking any KYC from their different participants in the bounty. Well, to those bounty want a KYC and makes me convinced to joined ,on that case I have no choice but to provide a KYC since they want to know their customers to avoid spammers as part in their bounty.
KYC is implemented to prevent fraudelent acts and spammers but not agreeing with it doesn't mean that you are a spammer.  Some people still like to keep the privacy that they have and their  anonymity. In fact,  being anonymous is what makes it more secure for me because personal information will not be needed. 

I agree that KYC is good and will make ICOs secure and more legit but still personal information is more important for  others and that may be is the reason why some do not want and is not interested in joining ICOs with KYC requirements.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
agiskasep

Activity: 212
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:20:04 PM

Usually ICO that i'm follow if contribute more than 1 Eth to it project will requires KYC. It can upload your id card or driver license
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:20:17 PM

I often participate in ICO project that requires KYC for their investor. I think it's fine cause it's a good way to control investor nationality cause US investor often banned so they just wanna know if there is anyone come from US invested in their project or not Smiley. But before invested in any project that requires KYC, I often check really carefully to not fall into a scam project and risk my identity as well Smiley
Most of the ICO projects that I participated in during this time required KYC verification and I think that is what should be done to prove the identity of the investor. You need to be serious about investing in this market and KYC is a must.
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:22:31 PM

I don't trust many 3rd parties with my personal documents. Unfortunately that means I lose out on all legitimate ICOs too. But even legitimate businesses are at risk of exposing your data. That's why the problem has to be solved on a fundamental level: not having to send your personal data but verifying your identity through a blockchain ID project. Several of those are in development now. Hopefully they'll be ready for use soon.
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:23:25 PM

Of course i am participating ICOs that requures KYC,if i really impressed with the technology i wont mind sending my IDs,but just a tip you can use fake IDs with these KYC so that your identity wont be put to risk,or your privacy wont be compromised because you will never know whem will these people will sell your IDs in the darkweb.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Xcvbkol

Activity: 280

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:24:46 PM

Unfortunately in the bounty it becomes known at the end of the company. I do not like this tendency and I am against the pass of the KYC

Kippah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:50:03 PM

OK so here is the deal. Sooner or later ICOs will probably have to conduct KYC on their customers to prove where the money is coming from. The problem is you should not give your data to just anyone and also the data collector has to apply very strict data privacy regulation, in Europe it is GDPR, its like freaking everybody out right now because it applies to all companies regardless of size and it is quite difficult to comply with. So it is very likely this will in the future apply to ICOs as well.

It is already applicable to exchanges and custodian wallet providers. But personally I hate providing such personal details to people I dont trust.

Help me with the research on ICO investor behavior, if you invest in ICOs fill in this short anonymous questionnaire. Thanks, cheers and may the force be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:56:23 PM

It is important for them to know their customers but to what extent?

If an ICO requires an official scan of your ID, I'm not doing that. I respect my privacy.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:06:10 PM

the problem is the team says shortly before the end of ico the KYC is needed. and you are already 8 weeks. what do you do then ? Do you lose 8 weeks or do you send your data? or you have to send a fake passport and then be lucky that it works
That's the part I dislike most. I don't get why most project developer do this. To me it looks suspicious. What is there in  announcing that the ICO requires a KYC verification before the purchase. If the project is worth it, most people will go ahead and give out their identity to the website without a second thought. But most developer knows that their project may not worth a potential investors to submit their ID only to request for it after token purchase.
Chiyoko

Activity: 305

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:10:09 PM

Maybe there is ico need KYC because this is good project but i didn't join airdrop for now because there is so many not valuable token that he have so is useless to join airdrop.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:15:00 PM

Well, if its really a good project that has a tendency of exploding the way bitcoin did,  I don't mind giving out my identity to purchase it. I just hope the project company's and developer protects investors identity like the way they promise they usually do and it wont be used for other purpose. The one problem that bothers me is, what if the coin becomes a shitcoin? knowing the fact that I gave out identity to puchase a shitcoin will continue to bother me.
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:24:55 PM

I do not know if you join the ICO that is in the name of investors or just work on the bounty. Because any campaign will KYC with investors, bounty makers will probably not need KYC because they just do not have money to invest. Typically, you must invest more than 10 ETH to be KYC. So I would join any ICOs if it felt potential.

IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:36:05 PM

I would try to avoid it in as long as I am not sure the project is good and it is going to be profitable. Otherwise, I see no reason to give information away.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: